2022 Mets thread | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Mets thread

I would never attend a game at Dodger Stadium game in opponents gear. Your fans get too stabby for my taste.
Think it’s more about where you’re sitting, at any of these stadiums. I probably wouldn’t wear opposing gear to any stadium if I’m in the cheap seats. Matter of fact….these days I’m not even going, if I’m in the cheap seats. Would rather watch on TV than have a crappy view of the field with drunken hooligans possibly near me.

Getting tired of balls being caught at the 'orange'. (Alonso vs. the Braves and Lindor tonight, both potential two run homers). That plus Lindor's double off the orange last week. (All out in the Bronx, of course.)

Good point. The shift was on vs. Vogelbach and Marte was halfway down the third base line, still closer to third base than anyone else on the field. Why not just steal home? Instead Vogelbach strikes out and the inning is over.

1660006188147.png

Grind...grind...grind...

Early 3-0 lead, then four straight goose eggs while a team with a bad record and a huge IL but which has been playing well anyway gets multiple baserunners in all four innings and one each in the two innings after that and all they get is one unearned run. Then the Mets get two insurance runs in the either and win it 5-1.

Bassett actually pitched well. The Reds got a guy on due to an error, had two infield singles, two fielder's choices and a catcher's interference. Bassett found a way to get out of trouble each time.

Fourth win in a row and 13 in 15 games. Braves idle so the lead grows to 7 games. Mets baseball, 2022.

Grind...grind...grind...

Early 3-0 lead, then four straight goose eggs while a team with a bad record and a huge IL but which has been playing well anyway gets multiple baserunners in all four innings and one each in the two innings after that and all they get is one unearned run. Then the Mets get two insurance runs in the either and win it 5-1.

Bassett actually pitched well. The Reds got a guy on due to an error, had two infield singles, two fielder's choices and a catcher's interference. Bassett found a way to get out of trouble each time.

Fourth win in a row and 13 in 15 games. Braves idle so the lead grows to 7 games. Mets baseball, 2022.

3 hits and 3 RBIs from the new faces tonight.

Just looked at the pitching schedule. Scherzer and deGrom are scheduled to pitch the first two games against the Phillies, the last two in Atlanta and the two games at Yankee Stadium. Excited to see where we stand in two weeks!

Another win - a little hairy but got it done. Lindor continuing to produce.

Phillies and Braves both won tonight as well. Really glad we have the aces for the Phillies series with as hot as they have been.

Another win - a little hairy but got it done. Lindor continuing to produce.

Phillies and Braves both won tonight as well. Really glad we have the aces for the Phillies series with as hot as they have been.

A 6-2 win that was harder than it looked, mostly due to May. Lugo looked good.

I liked the lack of drama, (or comedy) today. I've said all along that the Mets were going to have a hot streak to answer those of other clubs in the first half and we're having it: 6 in a row and 15 of 17.

Now we get a day of rest and then we'll find out if Keith's big mouth created a problem for the team.

I liked the lack of drama, (or comedy) today. I've said all along that the Mets were going to have a hot streak to answer those of other clubs in the first half and we're having it: 6 in a row and 15 of 17.

Now we get a day of rest and then we'll find out if Keith's big mouth created a problem for the team.

There was a lot of respect thrown the Phillies way in today's broadcast I will say.

Love the way this team is playing right now. Guaranteed to still be in first by the end of the next Braves series. On to a difficult stretch now - 16 of the next 20 against the Phillies, Braves, Yankees and Dodgers. Would love nothing else than to only be worried about playing for home field come September.

Love the way this team is playing right now. Guaranteed to still be in first by the end of the next Braves series. On to a difficult stretch now - 16 of the next 20 against the Phillies, Braves, Yankees and Dodgers. Would love nothing else than to only be worried about playing for home field come September.

We go 8-8 against the tougher group and we are in good shape. Better than that and it's great shape.

Also to add- Vogelbach, Naquin and even Ruf have been better than expected. Naquin especially.

Hernandez has a pretty short memory.

34 games over .500. It wasn’t so long ago that getting to 30 over seemed like a real stretch. Nice.

It was great to sweep the Reds, who have been playing well. But they just traded Drury and Castillo and probably others, and are a shell of a team now. It was a good time to play them and we took advantage.

Lindor and Naquin are hot. Heck, pretty much everyone is. Good to see Pete get 3 hits which will hopefully help get him out of a mini funk. He always seems to hit well in Philly anyway.

Playing the Phils in Philly will be tough. They are playing great ball and arguably have their 3 best starters going against us. But our guys are pretty good too. ;)

I think these are the matchups:

Friday

Suarez vs Scherzer

Saturday

TBD (Nola) vs TBD (deGrom)

Sunday

TBD (Wheeler) vs TBD (Bassitt)

Scherzer, deGrom and Bassitt all will have an extra day of rest from their previous starts. I believe Suarez and Nola do as well. Was kind of hoping to see Thor pitch for the Phillies but he pitches today so it is not going to happen.

Should be a great series to watch. Some great pitching matchups. Probably going to end up with some high scoring games.

I think I said the same thing before the Mets-Braves series and that turned out to be pretty accurate.

The Phils just released Familia, who was quickly picked up by the Red Sox. His ERA was above 6. Yikes.

34 games over .500. It wasn’t so long ago that getting to 30 over seemed like a real stretch. Nice.

It was great to sweep the Reds, who have been playing well. But they just traded Drury and Castillo and probably others, and are a shell of a team now. It was a good time to play them and we took advantage.

Lindor and Naquin are hot. Heck, pretty much everyone is. Good to see Pete get 3 hits which will hopefully help get him out of a mini funk. He always seems to hit well in Philly anyway.

Playing the Phils in Philly will be tough. They are playing great ball and arguably have their 3 best starters going against us. But our guys are pretty good too. ;)

I think these are the matchups:

Friday

Suarez vs Scherzer

Saturday

TBD (Nola) vs TBD (deGrom)

Sunday

TBD (Wheeler) vs TBD (Bassitt)

Scherzer, deGrom and Bassitt all will have an extra day of rest from their previous starts. I believe Suarez and Nola do as well. Was kind of hoping to see Thor pitch for the Phillies but he pitches today so it is not going to happen.

Should be a great series to watch. Some great pitching matchups. Probably going to end up with some high scoring games.

I think I said the same thing before the Mets-Braves series and that turned out to be pretty accurate.

The Phils just released Familia, who was quickly picked up by the Red Sox. His ERA was above 6. Yikes.
Great analysis! These next three games are at Citi Field though so hopefully the home cooking continues. Have four games including a doubleheader in Philly the following weekend.

Great analysis! These next three games are at Citi Field though so hopefully the home cooking continues. Have four games including a doubleheader in Philly the following weekend.
My bad. I know the announcers were talking about playing in Philadelphia but they must shave been talking about next weekend.

Sweet. Hope we get some bigger crowds for these games. It is time for some sellouts.

Last edited:
David Peterson got shelled in Syracuse tonight:

I wonder how he's responding to this 'Syracuse shuttle' idea.

Alvarez is still on the interstate, as is Kalihl Lee, (is he still considered a prospect?). Vientos has 19HR in 280 at bats. Palka at 30 is not really a prospect. Baty, (pronounced Bay-Tee), got a couple fo hits. Plummer didn't play.

There was a controversial play in the game yesterday. Joey Votto was up and the Reds were in the midst of their one rally, and he was desperate to get on.

So it appears he moved his arm into the path of a pitch to get on base.

The home plate umpire of course blew the call and told Buck he was going to get hit with it anyway.

This is one of those rules that need to be enforced. Even if it sometimes hurts the Mets, who get hit by pitches more than any other team.

Thoughts?

There was a controversial play in the game yesterday. Joey Votto was up and the Reds were in the midst of their one rally, and he was desperate to get on.

The home plate umpire of course blew the call and told Buck he was going to get hit with it anyway.

This is one of those rules that need to be enforced. Even if it sometimes hurts the Mets, who get hit by pitches more than any other team.

Thoughts?

Yeah saw that live and that was awful they didn't call it.

Thoughts?

If he gets hit in the strike zone, it should be a strike. If he gets hit outside of it, give him 1st base.

I hope they actually play a bit. The Yankees didn't have a game for the Old Timers Day, reportedly because so many old timers were not vaccinated. I would assume the Mets will face the same problems.

Kyle Schwarber, the Phils best power threat, just pulled a muscle and is not expected to play tonight. There are some reports saying he is out for the series but I don't think that has been confirmed yet.

Baty went 2-4 for the Syracuse Mets last night and is hitting .364. Looks unstoppable. Vientos also went 2-4 and has his BA up to .271.

Francisco Alarez got a day of rest.