2022 MLB Season | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2022 MLB Season

Stumbled on the Orioles game tonight. Was really impressed with the play-by-play guy.

Turns out he's an SU grad, Kevin Brown. Think he's gonna be an MLB announcer for a long time:

Stumbled on the Orioles game tonight. Was really impressed with the play-by-play guy.

Turns out he's an SU grad, Kevin Brown. Think he's gonna be an MLB announcer for a long time:

He was Jason Benetti's protege with the Chiefs, then took over for him. Both have moved on to bigger things. Kevin took the road of the late, great Bill O'Donnell, who was voice of the Orange at the height of the Schwartzwalder Era and moved on to the great years of the Orioles in 1966.

Bill O’Donnell – Society for American Baseball Research

He was Jason Benetti's protege with the Chiefs, then took over for him. Both have moved on to bigger things. Kevin took the road of the late, great Bill O'Donnell, who was voice of the Orange at the height of the Schwartzwalder Era and moved on to the great years of the Orioles in 1966.

Bill O’Donnell – Society for American Baseball Research

Mariners at .500!
3 back for last wild card spot. :)

This guy was always sitting behind home plate with his radar gun at Dodger Stadium.

I remember seeing that guy on tv at every Dodgers game. Figured he was a scout but didn’t know who until now

This guy was always sitting behind home plate with his radar gun at Dodger Stadium.

My employer blocks the twitter links. I'm assuming that's the most interesting radar gun guy in the world in the white suit and hat.

I remember seeing that guy on tv at every Dodgers game. Figured he was a scout but didn’t know who until now
Yup. On TV he was as much of a part of the Dodger Stadium landscape as anything else. I was actually bummed when they redid the seating behind home plate because he wasn’t on TV anymore, lol.

FXLnLpdX0AASxMW

FXLnLqeXEAExr__

Kinda pisses me off seeing Joc be an All star with the Giants while we got Bellinger hitting .200 and Muncy hitting .165, and weighing down the lineup. But things happen. Muncy was almost MVP last year before he broke his arm, and Bellinger was an MVP a few years ago so who would’ve known that he’d falloff like he has and possibly never get it back.

People forget that he hit 49 homers in 151 games his rookie year with that body.

He had a great 1987 (6th in MVP voting), but overall his play from 1988-1994 was merely above average but generally not great - he had one year in that 7 year period where he was top 10 in MVP, but also had some average or injury plagued seasons. His career really took off again in 1995 for the next 5 years which were very, very good - at that point he was well on the juice (which meshd well with the juiced ball that started around 1995 as well)

1987 was also perhaps the greatest single season anomaly for HR's in a long time (juiced ball), so also need to consider that went giving him credit for those 49 HR's. That being said he did lead the majors in HR with Andre Dawson in 1987 - and you can't really diminish leading the league in HR's. ).

Last edited:
Kinda pisses me off seeing Joc be an All star with the Giants while we got Bellinger hitting .200 and Muncy hitting .165, and weighing down the lineup. But things happen. Muncy was almost MVP last year before he broke his arm, and Bellinger was an MVP a few years ago so who would’ve known that he’d falloff like he has and possibly never get it back.

Good thing is that the Dodgers are 7 games ahead in the West despite those 2 struggling.

Good thing is that the Dodgers are 7 games ahead in the West despite those 2 struggling.
Yes, playing well. And Justin Turner had struggled badly much of the year, but is now on fire. So perhaps Muncy will turn it around too.

Starting to think this is just what Bellinger is - it’s been a few years. Still brings a lot to the table with his fielding and speed on the bases and still hits the occasional homer, so he’s contributing at least.

Nice few weeks for my Mariners 16-3/8 in a row/4 game sweep of the Jays. Oh yeah, Julio Rodriguez made the all star game too. Trying to fight lofty expectations :)

*There must have been 10,000 Canadians in town over the weekend. Nice group of fans, felt like half the total attendance judging from the Friday night game I attended.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom