2022 MLB Season | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2022 MLB Season

The O's won their 9th in a row tonight. They haven't done that since 1999. The O's swept the Angels in their last series. Someone mentioned Mike Trout makes more than the entire O's payroll. This is the first time they've been at 500 this late in the season since 2016.

Palmer opined tonight he thinks dealing Mancini would be a mistake. Elias apparently is shopping him.

And people forget the ball was juiced that year (1987). Andre Dawson also hit 49 and George Bell hit 47. Their next-best totals were 32 and 31, respectively.
It gets (in my mind) a bit off set given that he was a rookie, and learning the game.

Talking about home runs from 1987. There was 79 players who hit 20 or more. How many can you name?

I named 67 out of 79 (85%). If you asked me to name the top 79 home run hitters from 2022 (or any year since 2000), I would probably get 30-40%. My retention of useless data from my child hood is still strong (hockey and baseball stats between 1982 to 1988).

1657723691220.png

It's no secret that the teams with the best ERAs have the best records. How come they also have the best OPS numbers? Why can't other teams have nice things?

Talking about home runs from 1987. There was 79 players who hit 20 or more. How many can you name?

I named 67 out of 79 (85%). If you asked me to name the top 79 home run hitters from 2022 (or any year since 2000), I would probably get 30-40%. My retention of useless data from my child hood is still strong (hockey and baseball stats between 1982 to 1988).

View attachment 218305
Good memory. Always nice to be reminded of the players from my younger days. T-Bone Shelby!!!

Teams that I have zero connection to that I would nevertheless like to see do well soon: Reds, Pirates, Tigers, and Orioles. There’s some good history with all of them and it’s been too long.
I like rooting for money ball teams.

Teams that I have zero connection to that I would nevertheless like to see do well soon: Reds, Pirates, Tigers, and Orioles. There’s some good history with all of them and it’s been too long.
I have mixed feelings about organizations like the Pirates. I want good things for their fans. I don’t want ownerships groups, who pretend to be poor, to be rewarded.

I have mixed feelings about organizations like the Pirates. I want good things for their fans. I don’t want ownerships groups, who pretend to be poor, to be rewarded.
That is true. I never think of the owners in these situations. Strictly the fans and cities. I tend to have a soft side for “rust belt” cities.

Do they still strongly take the W/L record into account for all star teams?

Julio Urias has basically pitched the exact same as last year. Last year he went 20-3 and made the all star team. This year he is 7-6 and did not. All his other stats are pretty similar, and he’s been a consistent horse both years.

O's and Rays tied 4 all in the top of the 11th. Mateo misses a bunt and the ghost runner gets picked off. One down and no one on so it's looking good for TB. Mateo is flirting with Mendoza line all season, except the last 10 or so games. He promptly hits a triple off the center field wall. Mullins follows with a walk. Mullin steals second but Mancini pops to the catcher. Now the owes power hitter, Mountcastle and goes down two strikes. Mountcastle bloops a single to right and two runs score.

O's go into the All-Star break at 500 no matter what happens today.

Jrod has a swing perfect for this.. just launch 360 balls down the line and them bomb a few.. Alsono about 20 that almost killed a few kids with no elevation..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom