2022 NFL Thread | Page 146 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

Eagle fans have been hearing all year long that their team hasn't beaten anybody. Damn, we're running out of teams to beat. ;)

The naysayers/detractors have glossed over the fact that Philly's OL and DL is superior to the rest of the league. KC, CINCI, BUFFALO all of them would get whupped in the trenches by the Birds. Admittedly those three teams have a better QB than Hurts but that differential doesn't make up for the disparity at the line of scrimmage. Shout out to my boy Cusefan0307 as he figured this out half way through the season.
I am a DC fan and don’t watch FB as I used to, but:
Philly has been the best team I have seen all year.
Hurts, in that system, is as effective as any other QB, except maybe Mahomes. Allen had too many major mistakes.
(Caveat: In the games I saw, I think Purdy was great for SF’s system. Efficient, precise, and error free. Depending on his recovery time, creates an interesting QB issue with Lance, who I would shop, not considering, meaning I don’t know, the cap issues.)

I would look for Philly to take away Kelsey and make Mahomes try to beat them on the ground.
Not sure KC’s o-line can hold up against Philly.

I like Mahomes. To me, he’s the NFL’s Steph Curry. On the other hand, I think Hurts got screwed over at Bama, so if he wins, I’m okay with that.

I think Philly wins pretty handily.

Maybe not. They've got a nice pocketful o' draft picks thanks to getting rid of Deshaun. And they've got a decent amount of cap space. Betcha he can attract some good defenders there. And coaches. Not to mention, the AFC South ain't all that.
Yeah, they’re not as bad or as far off as it may seem.

Davis Mills was not horrible.

I don't get Payton going to Denver. Seems like a major repair job. He'll probably get Staley fired though.

I am a DC fan and don’t watch FB as I used to, but:
Philly has been the best team I have seen all year.
Hurts, in that system, is as effective as any other QB, except maybe Mahomes. Allen had too many major mistakes.
(Caveat: In the games I saw, I think Purdy was great for SF’s system. Efficient, precise, and error free. Depending on his recovery time, creates an interesting QB issue with Lance, who I would shop, not considering, meaning I don’t know, the cap issues.)

I would look for Philly to take away Kelsey and make Mahomes try to beat them on the ground.
Not sure KC’s o-line can hold up against Philly.

I like Mahomes. To me, he’s the NFL’s Steph Curry. On the other hand, I think Hurts got screwed over at Bama, so if he wins, I’m okay with that.

I think Philly wins pretty handily.

If Cincy was in it- I had them winning it. KC- nope. Their defense isn't good enough. Philly is going to run for 150 plus is my expectation. 38-21 Eagles as much as that nauseates to say as a Cowboys fan.

Screenshot_20230131_210540_Chrome.jpg

ESPN with the well thought out headlines today lol...

I don't get Payton going to Denver. Seems like a major repair job. He'll probably get Staley fired though.
Been meaning to ask you - what was your impression of Gardner-Johnson when he was on the Saints? I guess I didn't know much about him but he's a lot better than I expected. If he didn't miss several games with a kidney laceration he would have made the Pro Bowl.

Been meaning to ask you - what was your impression of Gardner-Johnson when he was on the Saints? I guess I didn't know much about him but he's a lot better than I expected. If he didn't miss several games with a kidney laceration he would have made the Pro Bowl.
Always thought he was a very good player as a slot corner, but the Saints had to trade him because they never were going to sign him due to being in cap hell. Never thought I would see him play safety.

Always thought he was a very good player as a slot corner, but the Saints had to trade him because they never were going to sign him due to being in cap hell. Never thought I would see him play safety.
He played the slot when Maddox was out for a few games. Very versatile. I'd like to see the Eagles keep him but he may be out of their price range.

Payton is a good coach. He also got paired with the perfect QB in NO. It's a bit of Fool's Gold those folks in Denver thinking they will immediately turn back into a contender. My gut feeling is that Payton struggles to do much with Denver and it cuts into his coaching chops a good bit.

Payton is a good coach. He also got paired with the perfect QB in NO. It's a bit of Fool's Gold those folks in Denver thinking they will immediately turn back into a contender. My gut feeling is that Payton struggles to do much with Denver and it cuts into his coaching chops a good bit.
I think he will get them to 8-10 wins next year and possibly a wild card. He is going to go to a run/play action scheme to try and straighten Wilson out. If they finish ahead of the Chargers it will get Staley fired.

If Cincy was in it- I had them winning it. KC- nope. Their defense isn't good enough. Philly is going to run for 150 plus is my expectation. 38-21 Eagles as much as that nauseates to say as a Cowboys fan.
The Bengals D is a little better than KC; the gap isn't what you think it is.

The Bengals D is a little better than KC; the gap isn't what you think it is.

The coaching is better for Cincy defensively overall. They are more balanced as a team overall as well. Cincy seemed to underestimate KCs pass rush not sure why but naturally doing so vs the sack leaders isnt going to be the case. So it's actually the combination of things. Cincy is a lot like Dallas without the turnover prone QB. Dallas gave Philly two tough games. Anyways I would have had it as 27-24 Bengals.

It's a bit of Fool's Gold those folks in Denver thinking they will immediately turn back into a contender
If this is what you think "folks" in Denver think, you have no idea. Most are skeptical anything can be done with Russ, BUT if he can be salvaged for a season or 2, Payton has a good to better chance of making that happen. I haven't heard a single fan or radio guy mention, contender.

I think he will get them to 8-10 wins next year and possibly a wild card. He is going to go to a run/play action scheme to try and straighten Wilson out. If they finish ahead of the Chargers it will get Staley fired.
I can't believe Staley is still there.

If this is what you think "folks" in Denver think, you have no idea. Most are skeptical anything can be done with Russ, BUT if he can be salvaged for a season or 2, Payton has a good to better chance of making that happen. I haven't heard a single fan or radio guy mention, contender.

Sounds like they are at least reasonable. My hard-core Bronco fan relatives from Colo Springs are a little more Gung ho lol.

Personally I think Payton will have a rough go of it the longer he tries to rehabilitate Russ.

Sounds like they are at least reasonable. My hard-core Bronco fan relatives from Colo Springs are a little more Gung ho lol.

Personally I think Payton will have a rough go of it the longer he tries to rehabilitate Russ.
The air is thinner in the Springs. They won't have much patience at all if he can't be salvaged, from everything I'm hearing. They'll take the hit if they have to, possibly after next season.

I think this one is real... I hope... FINALLY. Been waiting for this day for decades.

That said, hell of a career to say the least. Nothing else to prove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom