2022 NFL Thread | Page 147 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

The Rappaport thing on Denver wanting to hire Ryans is so weird. Ryans obv leaked that to him. But then why is Rapp reporting on it. Him & Schefter know so much dirt that they normally withhold from us to preserve their relationship w the teams. But in this instance he said screw Denver, ha.

The Rappaport thing on Denver wanting to hire Ryans is so weird. Ryans obv leaked that to him. But then why is Rapp reporting on it. Him & Schefter know so much dirt that they normally withhold from us to preserve their relationship w the teams. But in this instance he said screw Denver, ha.
Yeah and Schef along with local Broncos insiders said that never happened with Ryans

I’m short selling Payton.

Don’t get it.

Wilson sucks, If I’m Payton, I would’ve tried to put him the deal back to NO and start fresh.

Last edited:
Sean Payton looks different to me lately. Did he get like an intense face lift or Botox, etc.?

He needs t
Sean Payton looks different to me lately. Did he get like an intense face lift or Botox, etc.?

He needs to move away from the buffet table.

He needs t

He needs to move away from the buffet table.
Used to be in the best shape of any coach and was a die hard cross fitter. Now he looks like his mentor.

I think it’s the other way around. Schefter just carrying water for the Broncos so it doesn’t look like they gave up significant draft compensation for a guy they didn’t even really want.

Allbright concurred with Rapoport as well and it just seems logically speaking, the Rapoport side makes more sense to me.

Has Payton won without an elite QB? I always get nervous when these "legends" come back to the sidelines but now have to get it done with a normal Russ at QB. I guess we will get a true test of his schematic and cultural genius. HIs lasting memory for me is bountygate.

Has Payton won without an elite QB? I always get nervous when these "legends" come back to the sidelines but now have to get it done with a normal Russ at QB. I guess we will get a true test of his schematic and cultural genius. HIs lasting memory for me is bountygate.
Valid point. I'd just say, he took over one of the worst franchises and a team of cast offs including Brees, who Miami didn't want, and completely did a 180. Him instilling a culture pointing in the right direction is huge for the Broncos who need it badly. Yes, he needs to max Russ out, whatever that looks like, but the franchise needs to get back on track as a whole.

Used to be in the best shape of any coach and was a die hard cross fitter. Now he looks like his mentor.

When he left New Orleans he stated that he was going to get back into shape, lose some weight etc. I thought I can see the City of New Orleans and the schedule and stress of being an NFL coach can make anyone look that way. overweight, exhausted just completely burned out. The fact is after a year away from coaching he honestly looks worse. Strange

I don't think he disliked the City of New Orleans as he still maintains a residence there and has been back frequently, I just don't think he wanted to coach the Saints anymore with all the roster, no QB and cap challenges and wanted to take a year off as well

I think Payton is a bit overrated as a head coach.

Last edited:
I think it’s the other way around. Schefter just carrying water for the Broncos so it doesn’t look like they gave up significant draft compensation for a guy they didn’t even really want.

Allbright concurred with Rapoport as well and it just seems logically speaking, the Rapoport side makes more sense to me.
Did you quote the wrong post? Ya I believe that side 100%.

Eh they just read through the last 10 picks at 29th pick overall, way more busts than successes. And that’s all they gave up essentially. They got a 3rd in return for a 2nd, wash. If he comes in and rights the ship no one will care. It wasn’t only Shefty Shef saying Raps report wasn’t true. I’ve heard more than once that Denver reached out to Ryans Sunday night after the loss, and he said he was going to Houston first and said he’d like to still visit Denver afterwards. Penner wasn’t happy with that and saw the writing on the wall and didn’t contact him again, instead circled back to Payton. I mean, that sounds very likely to me

No coach wins without a very good QB. Wilson is donezo. Pete Carroll knew it.

So in the last two days we have an active eagles roster player indicted on kidnapping and sexual assault. And then Mixon arrested for pointing a gun at someone . If this happened in the NBA, it would be the lead topic on Fox News

So in the last two days we have an active eagles roster player indicted on kidnapping and sexual assault. And then Mixon arrested for pointing a gun at someone . If this happened in the NBA, it would be the lead topic on Fox News
Not sure how "active" Sills was this year. He played a few snaps in one game back in October and was listed as inactive for nearly every game this year including the two playoff games.

Best Gif Reaction GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom