2022 NFL Thread | Page 145 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

I agree. I think the all star crews are stupid. Just take the best officiating crews from the regular season that are used to working together.
Or get full time crews which is what Pat McAfee suggested. When you have part timers you're prone to the All Star system.

I guess what I will never understand is just because the refs miss a call earlier in the game which happens all the time in every sport doesn't mean they should or will ignore a pretty basic call later in the game. Doesn't make the missed call right but certainly they aren't going to ignore future penalties later in the game. It happens.

Miss one late hit or hold so you should ignore the next one?

Agreed on the officiating crews. That is really stupid to break up those groups. As an aside, there was one point where Zac Taylor was jawing with an official y'day that looked every bit of 60. The NFL needs to get much younger officials.

I've always claimed that the rules committee gets together in the offseason to hold coke fueled meetings as they come up with some of the dumbest rules of any big time sport.

How is it legal to push a player from behind on these QB sneaks? Yeah player safety. The keep the clock running because the ball carrier's momentum was stopped (think Dalton Shultz) is a stoopid rule. It's a judgment call. If you're OB you're OB. That's how it always was.

You fumble the ball out of the end zone and it's the other team's ball on the 20 - whaa? Insane. Gunners come down and whiz by the PR within inches of him and no penalty? That's just a train wreck waiting to happen. Yeah player safety.

I'm sure if I thought for a while I could come up with a few more.
I saw that Zac Taylor/sideline official heated exchange.

I think it was right before the make up call overturning the KC first down without forcing Cincy to use a challenge.

Methinks that was a make up for giving KC a do-over on their previous 3rd down.

Absolute clown show.

At first I thought the repeated 3rd down was very suspicious, but they clearly showed the replay where the side judge was running out on the field signaling for the play to stop.

At first I thought the repeated 3rd down was very suspicious, but they clearly showed the replay where the side judge was running out on the field signaling for the play to stop.
Yep...and if KC scores a TD on that play, who's crying today.

Yep...and if KC scores a TD on that play, who's crying today.

They would have counted it had they scored or gotten the FD, in my view.

Just tossing in new twists to determine outcomes

I don’t understand how they didn’t have the clock correct on back to back plays. That’s simple stuff that probably gets screwed up because that crew hasn’t worked together all season.

Romo and Nantz didn’t help matters as they didn’t pick up
on it at all.
Romo is horrible - how about the take that the Bengals should have accepted the holding penalty and made it 3rd and 22 rather than 4th and 12?

Romo is horrible - how about the take that the Bengals should have accepted the holding penalty and made it 3rd and 22 rather than 4th and 12?
I don't know what happened to him. He's turned into a caricature

If I remember correctly wouldn't have it been like 4th and 6 if they declined? But I also would have declined.

I guess what I will never understand is just because the refs miss a call earlier in the game which happens all the time in every sport doesn't mean they should or will ignore a pretty basic call later in the game. Doesn't make the missed call right but certainly they aren't going to ignore future penalties later in the game. It happens.

Miss one late hit or hold so you should ignore the next one?

Not sure I've seen many with this take. My take on this was more around they missed that call that resulted in points vs no points.. then almost the same exact scenario happened in the KC game and the call was correct. In those scenarios there were two different on the field calls but only only was properly reviewed.

The inconsistency changes games and outcomes which is what is so mind boggling. Even the simpler rules aren't applied as they should be along with the quick video reviews. At a minimum you would think the two games leading into the SB would be managed and called properly and equally and instead it was a mess.

If I remember correctly wouldn't have it been like 4th and 6 if they declined? But I also would have declined.

When they eventually did decline, it ended up being 4th and 8 and they punted (which I thought was the wrong decision at the time).

Great meme:
He’s drunk, or just coming off a bender
he was horrible from Jump street, not sure what all the hullabaloo was about.

Herby might be the best out there.

Eagle fans have been hearing all year long that their team hasn't beaten anybody. Damn, we're running out of teams to beat. ;)

The naysayers/detractors have glossed over the fact that Philly's OL and DL is superior to the rest of the league. KC, CINCI, BUFFALO all of them would get whupped in the trenches by the Birds. Admittedly those three teams have a better QB than Hurts but that differential doesn't make up for the disparity at the line of scrimmage. Shout out to my boy Cusefan0307 as he figured this out half way through the season.
You can only play who’s in front of you, but this path to a title has storz 2004 vibes.

You can only play who’s in front of you, but this path to a title has storz 2004 vibes.
No doubt you're right it has been a relatively easy ride but they have a loaded team across the roster. Not really a Cinderella story here.

No doubt you're right it has been a relatively easy ride but they have a loaded team across the roster. Not really a Cinderella story here.
They’re not.

They were easily the best team in the NFL’s best division in a relatively weak Conf, but they never really showed any chinks in their armor.

Be it the pokes, viks or GIANTS, they were getting to the conf championship and they got the 2nd best team….and they destroyed them.

Literally and figuratively.

Nobody outside the 215 wants to see that ugly shade of puke green play in 2 weeks, but it was theirs from jump street and they didn’t give any real reason to think they weren’t gonna be there.

Go CHIEFS!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom