2022 NFL Thread | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

Of course his brain was not given enough time to heal after injured just a few days ago. This is malpractice on so many levels . I was stupefied an “independent” physician would have the balls to clear him for THE SECOND HALF last Sunday . That doc is in deep doo doo
That was shocking. He couldn’t stand up.

With it being the NFL, with the power of the NFLPA and the negative attention already on the Dolphins I couldn’t bring myself to believe they’d lie about a serious head injury then double down on it.

I still don’t even know if that’s the case considering he was all but rag dolled by a 330+ lb linemen there.

It’s just an awful look. I hope he’s able to come back from that. Makes me think of how bad the Kelly Bryant knock out could have really been in the dome.

I would not root for a player, of any team, to come back into a game knowing he has a head injury. I watched that happen with Matt Moore vs the Steelers in the playoffs several years ago. Was absolutely horrific and I never forgave Gase

Check the replay. As bad as it was, it could have been ALOT WORSE had his shoulder not taken the initial force. It was not an exceedingly viscous hit compared to many. I’m 100% sure his reaction and posturing were base on the injury on Sunday

With the short attention span of todays society I unfortunately think the NFL will hope to have moved on from this business as usual in about 3 days

If any investigation reveals wrongdoing, some people could/should be jailed. The worst side of sports is riding a kids competitiveness into serious injury for ultimately nothing
Yeah I’m arguing with a friend who never played football about this right now. I don’t think you need to have played to have options on things but there is a culture in football about playing through things you learn as soon as you start playing with pads.

The only way to diagnose a concussion on the spot, unless the dude is knocked out cold or not moving, is for the player to tell the doctor he has one. Football players don’t do that. It doesn’t matter what level it is, the coaches or whoever else have a duty to protect the players from putting themselves in danger.

As someone who follows MMA and Pro Wrestling pretty closely, these dudes who get multiple concussions like this go away for YEARS and, in some cases, forever. I honestly don't believe he should be playing again this year.

Of course his brain was not given enough time to heal after injured just a few days ago. This is malpractice on so many levels . I was stupefied an “independent” physician would have the balls to clear him for THE SECOND HALF last Sunday . That doc is in deep doo doo
Nobody will get in trouble. The league isn’t opening that can of worms.

Yeah I’m arguing with a friend who never played football about this right now. I don’t think you need to have played to have options on things but there is a culture in football about playing through things you learn as soon as you start playing with pads.

The only way to diagnose a concussion on the spot, unless the dude is knocked out cold or not moving, is for the player to tell the doctor he has one. Football players don’t do that. It doesn’t matter what level it is, the coaches or whoever else have a duty to protect the players from putting themselves in danger.
Don’t get me wrong - days removed from
what may have been a clear head injury - the Dolphins staff is at fault here.

That said, my thoughts on how poorly the NFL is going to handle this would apply to if it had been any team. The sport doesn’t care for the players. You can pay them until they hush but you can’t give them functionality and life back.

And like you said, they’re natural competitors and brought up in the culture. Similar to pitchers with an arm injury growing up.

As someone who follows MMA and Pro Wrestling pretty closely, these dudes who get multiple concussions like this go away for YEARS and, in some cases, forever. I honestly don't believe he should be playing again this year.
Gets me thinking about wrestling. How do those guys not get injured more? I’m talking today, not back when they were taking straight head shots with chairs..

Don’t get me wrong - days removed from
what may have been a clear head injury - the Dolphins staff is at fault here.

That said, my thoughts on how poorly the NFL is going to handle this would apply to if it had been any team. The sport doesn’t care for the players. You can pay them until they hush but you can’t give them functionality and life back
We’re all complicit. We are perpetuating the status quo by not tuning out

Gets me thinking about wrestling. How do those guys not get injured more? I’m talking today, not back when they were taking straight head shots with chairs..
They do. Latest one was Big E. Easily could have been paralyzed

They do. Latest one was Big E. Easily could have been paralyzed

Oh I know they do, just shocking not more. That injury was really scary. Big E is a great dude too.

“Second impact syndrome (SIS) occurs when two concussions happen in a relatively short period of time and the second concussion is inflicted before the first has fully healed. This causes the brain to “lose its ability to self-regulate pressure and blood volume flowing” and causes rapid and severe brain swelling”

Tua can sue them . He had a head injury and legally could be considered unable to give consent to play.
He won’t be doing that unless his career is over because of this. He would never see a roster again.

I’m old enough to remember when they would avoid showing the worst replays like that out of respect.

The efffff is wrong with these people? Same sickheads who grew up watching videos of rappers getting killed for real on social media and analyzing George Floyd’s death like they’re friggin John Madden. Couldn’t be me. Effffin weirdos.

With the short attention span of todays society I unfortunately think the NFL will hope to have moved on from this business as usual in about 3 days
They can go effff themselves.

Kaep was strike one and two. This is strike three.

Effffff them billionaire crackers. They’re not making another dime off me.

“Second impact syndrome (SIS) occurs when two concussions happen in a relatively short period of time and the second concussion is inflicted before the first has fully healed. This causes the brain to “lose its ability to self-regulate pressure and blood volume flowing” and causes rapid and severe brain swelling”
This isn’t gonna make anyone feel better but the only other time I’ve read about this was in reference to civilian soldiers returning to the front defending Kiev

The odds of taking that type of back of the head impact back to back weeks has to be really high. I‘m no doctor, but common sense says he has a physilogical predisposition to not being able to absorb that type of trauma.

Guess is he’s got an issue with swelling/compression in his neck vertebrae.

He won’t be doing that unless his career is over because of this. He would never see a roster again.
Many players sue the team doctors for whatever and continue to play . Tyrod Taylor sued the doctor that dropped his lung and remained on a roster

I don't follow the NFL like the NHL, but I assume the list is long for the NFL as well.
But this is a list of 10 NHL players (all-stars or close to it) who had to retire due to concussions--- this doesn't even get to the more average or lower tier players.

Sidney Crosby missed nearly an entire year in his mid 20's after suffering two concussions -- they sat him out an extra 2 or 3 months from when he was "deemed" ready to be careful and it paid off as he has not had major issues since.

1664503569247.png

My worst concussion was last winter. Slipped on the driveway walking home from the bar at 2:30am and smacked my head on the side of my house. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom