2022 NFL Thread | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

House??? I was expecting road….driveway…..sidewalk….??
Oh yeah. Tried to keep my balance but ended up going straight into the side of the house.

Would have been tossed for targeting - hitting with the crown of my helmet

A lot of tweets, as always.

Lets see if anything changes or if people care by Monday

Yeah I’m arguing with a friend who never played football about this right now. I don’t think you need to have played to have options on things but there is a culture in football about playing through things you learn as soon as you start playing with pads.

The only way to diagnose a concussion on the spot, unless the dude is knocked out cold or not moving, is for the player to tell the doctor he has one. Football players don’t do that. It doesn’t matter what level it is, the coaches or whoever else have a duty to protect the players from putting themselves in danger.
The player to tell the doctor he has one?

1. Player isn’t a doctor . They don’t even know what a concussion is.

2. If your brain is acutely concussed, by definition it ain’t working properly and thus cannot be reliable in accurately reporting its condition.

That’s what the “tests” are for . In this case, the jelly leg should have been enough to take the safe route and sit his ass

Disagree .. keep showing it. Players and people should have eyes wide open as to what they support. It’s cowardice to turn away.
eyes wide open about what? The violence in the game?

the players know what they are stepping into, and the sport as a whole has intentionally done what it can it to reduce the number of high speed collisions

‘’are you saying conducting the sport is unethical?

A lot of tweets, as always.

Lets see if anything changes or if people care by Monday
I already cancelled my Amazon. Guess I’ll have to drive for 2 minutes to find a roll of duct tape instead of ordering on amazon , forgetting I even need it, and finding it on my door step 2 days later only to never use it.

Screw them. Spotify and Apple do music better. Netflix, Hulu, and Disney do TV better. They simply have a huge inventory of pure crap that arrives quickly and these stupid Thursday games that shouldn’t even exist. I’m out.

eyes wide open about what? The violence in the game?

the players know what they are stepping into, and the sport as a whole has intentionally done what it can it to reduce the number of high speed collisions

‘’are you saying conducting the sport is unethical?
Players think that if the doctor clears them from a head injury , they are no more at risk than any other player . They should see this stuff so they think twice about pushing concussion protocols l

Players think that if the doctor clears them from a head injury , they are no more at risk than any other player . They should see this stuff so they think twice about pushing concussion protocols l
It’s also priceless that JJ watt makes millions on this sport but then whines about the broadcast of the actual results. He’s really saying “don’t show this because it’s grotesque and may impact the money machine negatively “

What does that have to do with fans?

The odds of taking that type of back of the head impact back to back weeks has to be really high. I‘m no doctor, but common sense says he has a physilogical predisposition to not being able to absorb that type of trauma.

Guess is he’s got an issue with swelling/compression in his neck vertebrae.

IMO that is a flawed take given what we know about concussions.

I thought it was common knowledge that after a recent concussion (or a series of concussions), you don't need nearly that big a knock to get your next concussion. He likely got his concussion tonight not due to genetics, but because of his recent trauma a few days before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom