2022 NFL Thread | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

Reminds me of when a few Syracuse players ran off the sideline out of pure joy to celebrate with teammates in the end zone after Harrison caught a bomb to take the lead against Oklahoma - and then the stupid, pointless celebration penalty caused us to lose.
Another subjective penalty in the books to bail out a name brand. There was a hideous one called on a Cutler era Vandy team vs Florida they the announcers were pissed about

Apparently the NFL is the only pro sports league where the number of spots exceeds the number of qualified athletes. So many terrible players who shouldn’t be getting paid
This is the worst played season in quite some time. A combination of aging QB’s on the way out and some teams thinking they can go cheap at skill positions.

I know I'm gonna regret this but I'm looking at Philly's remaining schedule trying to find potential losses. I don't see many.
They will be undefeated going into Giants Stadium. If the Giants are 8-3 or 9-2 going into that game it’s going to be the most hyped game of the season outside of Bills/Chiefs.

After today’s pathetic performance it needs to be tank time for Vegas. Start trading away anyone that has any value, especially that stiff Carr.

They will be undefeated going into Giants Stadium. If the Giants are 8-3 or 9-2 going into that game it’s going to be the most hyped game of the season outside of Bills/Chiefs.
Yeah that would be exciting for sure. Of course in the NFL you can easily stub your toe when u least expect it. The key is keeping the OL healthy particularly the OTs. Best tandem in the NFL imo.

I have a really hard time figuring out why it actually matters if your helmet is on after the play. Like….why is that a penalty? The helmet is to protect your head during play. The play is over? Why would anyone care?

Some weird stickler rules.

It's the Emmitt Smith rule. He scored so often taking his helmet off afterwards so people could see his face they changed the rule.

It's the Emmitt Smith rule. He scored so often taking his helmet off afterwards so people could see his face they changed the rule.
Yeah, I remember. I never cared though, and didn’t understand why it mattered? Lol.

After today’s pathetic performance it needs to be tank time for Vegas. Start trading away anyone that has any value, especially that stiff Carr.
On Friday, a Raiders fan at the bar convinced my buddy to bet the Raiders over the Saints. He was sold that it was a near lock.

Lol.

I know I'm gonna regret this but I'm looking at Philly's remaining schedule trying to find potential losses. I don't see many.

They will go through a rough patch. Everyone does. I do expect at least 15-2.

With hopefully a flat, “we peaked too early” home playoff loss to the wildcard round winner.(NYG???!!!)

I have no idea how good any of the NFC east teams are at this point. Not to mention 9 games to go who will lose what player to injury.

Things could look vastly different come playoff time.

I have no idea how good any of the NFC east teams are at this point. Not to mention 9 games to go who will lose what player to injury.

Things could look vastly different come playoff time.
Agreed, but the same could be said for most, not just NFC East.

Bills, Chiefs, Eagles are probably the only teams i look at and think “those guys look tough” at this point. Haven’t paid enough attention to Minnesota to know though.

Giants beat Baltimore and Tennessee who lead their divisions. A bunch of teams that were supposed to be good are 3-4/4-3.

Hard to know beyond Buffalo/KC and I’m giving the Eagles full credit for their impressive display so far in hopes it’s some type of reverse jinx where they peak early and flame out.
You know what…Dallas too. They look legit. Dallas/Philly NFC title game with the winner taking down Buffalo/KC by 30, GUARANTEED.

Last edited:
Yet somehow Geno Smith's squad is a juggernaut?
Cmon, at Seattle is ALWAYS a tough game. Even if they stink….which they don’t…it would still be a tough game. And they’re pretty consistently always decent. They’re 5-3 and Geno is playing well - not just against the Giants but against everyone. Good for him. Jalen Hurts stunk until he didn’t too….same with Jones. Everyone’s developmental curve and opportunities aren’t the same. Seattle has a stud RB, talented WR’s, a great coach, and a veteran QB who is putting it together in a good situation for once. They’d have a decent shot at beating Philly in Seattle too, IMO.

I didn’t really expect to win this one - but it took two fumbles from our PR to kill our chances. Our D played tough as always. Seattle did a great job stuffing the box on Barkley and not letting Jones’s legs run wild, and our WR’s couldn’t make them pay enough. Still we might’ve scrapped out an ugly W if it wasn’t for the punt fumbles.

We are limited, but we will scrap. Better not come out flat and better hang onto the ball.

Agreed, but the same could be said for most, not just NFC East.

Bills, Chiefs, Eagles are probably the only teams i look at and think “those guys look tough” at this point. Haven’t paid enough attention to Minnesota to know though.

Giants beat Baltimore and Tennessee who lead their divisions. A bunch of teams that were supposed to be good are 3-4/4-3.

Hard to know beyond Buffalo/KC and I’m giving the Eagles full credit for their impressive display so far in hopes it’s some type of reverse jinx where they peak early and flame out.
You know what…Dallas too. They look legit. Dallas/Philly NFC title game with the winner taking down Buffalo/KC by 30, GUARANTEED.

I'm not sold on Philly. Dallas played like dog crap on the road with Rush at QB and go down 20-3. Philly still had to hang on for dear life after Dallas pulled it to 20-17. A contender doesn't nearly blow a game at home like that. Philly reminds me of the Boys teams that have won the division with a great record but were underwhelming at times doing so and then choked in the playoffs.

The NFC is wide open. Any of the 6 playoff teams as it currently stands are a fair bet to win it.

I'm not sold on Philly. Dallas played like dog crap on the road with Rush at QB and go down 20-3. Philly still had to hang on for dear life after Dallas pulled it to 20-17. A contender doesn't nearly blow a game at home like that. Philly reminds me of the Boys teams that have won the division with a great record but were underwhelming at times doing so and then choked in the playoffs.

The NFC is wide open. Any of the 6 playoff teams as it currently stands are a fair bet to win it.
They are the heavy NFC favorites and must carry the weight of that and the expectations of all the angsty Delaware Onion breaths for the next 3 months….

The strict celebration rules were almost totally a result of Miami trash talk. I have no problems with them.

They are the heavy NFC favorites and must carry the weight of that and the expectations of all the angsty Delaware Onion breaths for the next 3 months….

Yeah I mean they are good for sure but could easily be 5-2 or even 4-3.

The strict celebration rules were almost totally a result of Miami trash talk. I have no problems with them.
I do.

If you’re not physically assaulting a player (like the Purdue TE after the extra point), or blatantly taunting the other team or delaying the game - who cares?

I’ve yet to hear a real answer on why anyone should care?

I do.

If you’re not physically assaulting a player (like the Purdue TE after the extra point), or blatantly taunting the other team or delaying the game - who cares?

I’ve yet to hear a real answer on why anyone should care?
I believe the intent was taking off the helmet was taunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom