2022 NFL Thread | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

Don’t remember a SB champion falling off this much one year to the next. Stafford looks old and the Rams are cooked.

L.O.L.

At the Panthers dumbass WR who got a dumb celebration penalty so they biffed what would’ve been the game winning extra point.
Not the same thing but reminds me when Elijah Moore "urinated" after a TD back when Ole Miss was playing Miss State in a tight game. Led to a longer PAT that was missed and Ole Miss eventually lost the game.

Not the same thing but reminds me when Elijah Moore "urinated" after a TD back when Ole Miss was playing Miss State in a tight game. Led to a longer PAT that was missed and Ole Miss eventually lost the game.
Reminds me of when a few Syracuse players ran off the sideline out of pure joy to celebrate with teammates in the end zone after Harrison caught a bomb to take the lead against Oklahoma - and then the stupid, pointless celebration penalty caused us to lose.

I’ll feel bad if he really has a concussion, but I didn’t see contact to the head.
I will too.

elmo-embarrassed.gif

Reminds me of when a few Syracuse players ran off the sideline out of pure joy to celebrate with teammates in the end zone after Harrison caught a bomb to take the lead against Oklahoma - and then the stupid, pointless celebration penalty caused us to lose.
I hear ya. Both college and the NFL have some dumb rules but in some of these instances it seems it more important to look at me even if it costs the squad valuable yardage.

That's a hideous take imo. Kicker missed a 48 yard PAT. That's gotta be mostly on Moore.

It's 48 yards! That's not impossible, AND he missed a chip shot in OT to win it

I hear ya. Both college and the NFL have some dumb rules but in some of these instances it seems it more important to look at me even if it costs the squad valuable yardage.
I get it, but at the same time it’s an emotion fueled game played by young men trying to take each other’s heads off with 50,000+ people going nuts in the stands.

I can’t pretend to know what I’d do if I scored a potential game winning TD at the end with all that noise, energy, and emotion around me.

I get it, but at the same time it’s an emotion fueled game played by young men trying to take each other’s heads off with 50,000+ people going nuts in the stands.

I can’t pretend to know what I’d do if I scored a potential game winning TD at the end with all that noise, energy, and emotion around me.
Fair points. Much harder in college though. The NFL gives a fair amount of latitude to celebrate after a TD. Just keep your helmet on. In college they're too strict imo.

As was previously stated here, the 48 yarder looked to have been good from 33. One was a physical mistake while the other was a selfish mental mistake. I can forgive the former much more easily than the latter.

Doesn't change the fact it's a dumb rule that should be changed.

And yet the helmet off penalty almost NEVER happens because somehow 99% of the players manage to not act like morons no matter how emotional things get

Fair points. Much harder in college though. The NFL gives a fair amount of latitude to celebrate after a TD. Just keep your helmet on. In college they're too strict imo.

I have a really hard time figuring out why it actually matters if your helmet is on after the play. Like….why is that a penalty? The helmet is to protect your head during play. The play is over? Why would anyone care?

Some weird stickler rules.

And yet the helmet off penalty almost NEVER happens because somehow 99% of the players manage to not act like morons no matter how emotional things get
All the players should start taking their helmets off after every TD to shut down stupid and pointless stuffy old rich guy rules.

I have a really hard time figuring out why it actually matters if your helmet is on after the play. Like….why is that a penalty? The helmet is to protect your head during play. The play is over? Why would anyone care?

Some weird stickler rules.
Iirc that one was put in like 20 years ago as part of rules changes to cut back on excessive celebrations

The NFL has too many arbitrary rules. Half the fans are pissed off every week. Pocket the whistle.

Apparently the NFL is the only pro sports league where the number of spots exceeds the number of qualified athletes. So many terrible players who shouldn’t be getting paid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom