2022 NFL Thread | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

I do.

If you’re not physically assaulting a player (like the Purdue TE after the extra point), or blatantly taunting the other team or delaying the game - who cares?

I’ve yet to hear a real answer on why anyone should care
The idea was to stop the taunting. The trash taking had gotten ridiculous. I think it's bush and delays the game which is why I don't like it.

The idea was to stop the taunting. The trash taking had gotten ridiculous. I think it's bush and delays the game which is why I don't like it.
The only post TD “trash talking” that ever pissed me off was Vai Sikahema punching the Giants goal post.

I couldn’t care less about Emmitt taking his helmet off and yelling to the crowd.

The only post TD “trash talking” that ever pissed me off was Vai Sikahema punching the Giants goal post.

I couldn’t care less about Emmitt taking his helmet off and yelling to the crowd

I live watching a bunch of pros shaking their booty in the end zone. When you score you ought to act like you've been there before.

I live watching a bunch of pros shaking their booty in the end zone. When you score you ought to act like you've been there before.

Get off my damn lawn... or make yourself useful and rake some of those leaves up

Cmon, at Seattle is ALWAYS a tough game. Even if they stink….which they don’t…it would still be a tough game. And they’re pretty consistently always decent. They’re 5-3 and Geno is playing well - not just against the Giants but against everyone. Good for him. Jalen Hurts stunk until he didn’t too….same with Jones. Everyone’s developmental curve and opportunities aren’t the same. Seattle has a stud RB, talented WR’s, a great coach, and a veteran QB who is putting it together in a good situation for once. They’d have a decent shot at beating Philly in Seattle too, IMO.

I didn’t really expect to win this one - but it took two fumbles from our PR to kill our chances. Our D played tough as always. Seattle did a great job stuffing the box on Barkley and not letting Jones’s legs run wild, and our WR’s couldn’t make them pay enough. Still we might’ve scrapped out an ugly W if it wasn’t for the punt fumbles.

We are limited, but we will scrap. Better not come out flat and better hang onto the ball.
I get it. Hey SEA and NY are much improved and playing better than most would have expected (except for the Kaiser of course who had the GMen at 13-4 this year). At this juncture I just want to see the NFC have to come through Philly in January.

I'm not sold on Philly. Dallas played like dog crap on the road with Rush at QB and go down 20-3. Philly still had to hang on for dear life after Dallas pulled it to 20-17. A contender doesn't nearly blow a game at home like that. Philly reminds me of the Boys teams that have won the division with a great record but were underwhelming at times doing so and then choked in the playoffs.

The NFC is wide open. Any of the 6 playoff teams as it currently stands are a fair bet to win it.
I went to the Philly/Dallas game.

Philly was having their way with Dallas when Lane Johnson left the game in the second quarter with a concussion. Prior to that he was toying with Micah Parsons. After several attempts against LJ, Parsons decided he should try to rush from the middle of the line because he was going nowhere coming off the edge. LJ was replaced by Jack Driscoll whom Parsons proceeded to destroy and Philly took way too long to make the proper adjustments.

Dallas is a team that has two excellent edge rushers but the problem for them is Philly has the best pair of OTs in the NFL. Everybody thinks Hurts has improved and that is def true but he has all day to throw back there because he's got three pro bowlers standing in front of him.

I'm not sold on Philly. Dallas played like dog crap on the road with Rush at QB and go down 20-3. Philly still had to hang on for dear life after Dallas pulled it to 20-17. A contender doesn't nearly blow a game at home like that. Philly reminds me of the Boys teams that have won the division with a great record but were underwhelming at times doing so and then choked in the playoffs.

The NFC is wide open. Any of the 6 playoff teams as it currently stands are a fair bet to win it.
In the 4th quarter with the game hanging in the balance, Philly went on a 13 play TD drive that chewed up nearly eight minutes. Ten of the plays were runs as they basically ran it down Dallas' throat.

In the 4th quarter with the game hanging in the balance, Philly went on a 13 play TD drive that chewed up nearly eight minutes. Ten of the plays were runs as they basically ran it down Dallas' throat.

The Dallas offense put the defense on the field for most of the game. They were gassed by the 4th qtr. They had been living dangerously with an anemic offense for weeks leading up to that game as it was. It never should have been that close. I'm not saying the Eagles aren't good but they are a favorite by a hair. I will be curious to see how they look when they come to Dallas and as playoff time nears. The OL for sure is damn good. On paper best line in the league coming in. Everything you have said reminds me of Dak and the Cowboys in recent years past. I just don't see a team that is an obvious favorite. On a side note..to me the Bills/Chiefs are a ways ahead of anyone in the NFC.

Last edited:
The Dallas offense put the defense on the field for most of the game. They were gassed by the 4th qtr. They had been living dangerously with an anemic offense for weeks leading up to that game as it was. It never should have been that close. I'm not saying the Eagles aren't good but they are a favorite by a hair. I will be curious to see how they look when they come to Dallas and as playoff time nears. The OL for sure is damn good. On paper best line in the league coming in. Everything you have said reminds me of Dak and the Cowboys in recent years past. I just don't see a team that is an obvious favorite. On a side note..to me the Bills/Chiefs are a ways ahead of anyone in the NFC.
Some fair points there for sure. Not sure Philly is a favorite by a hair right now though. They are +180 to win the NFC. Next in line are SF at +500, Minnesota at +550 and Dallas at +600. To win the SB it's Buffalo at +240, Philly at +500 and KC at +700.

Yeah I'm not putting a lot of stock in beating Dallas at home without their starting QB. It was a game Philly should have won.

I agree about about Buffalo as they are a complete team. KC doesn't look any better than Dallas or Philly. That KC defense sucks.

Some fair points there for sure. Not sure Philly is a favorite by a hair right now though. They are +180 to win the NFC. Next in line are SF at +500, Minnesota at +550 and Dallas at +600. To win the SB it's Buffalo at +240, Philly at +500 and KC at +700.

On paper yeah- I just think come playoff time, barring injuries as always it's going to be wide open. I'm curious on the Giants as well. Most mediocre 6-2 team I can recall with so many clutch wins pulled out. That said Barkley is finally healthy and is a beast.

Yeah I'm not putting a lot of stock in beating Dallas at home without their starting QB. It was a game Philly should have won.

I agree about about Buffalo as they are a complete team. KC doesn't look any better than Dallas or Philly. That KC defense sucks.

Yeah KC having Mahomes and all those weapons, even with the mediocre D is an edge to me in a league that suddenly seems pedestrian in terms of QB star power. Right now after Allen and Mahomes it's a big drop off. Burrow/Herbert/Hurts are solid but not in the same league as the other two.

On another note if they don't fix the damn roughing the passer rules it's going to be really hard to want to watch this product every year.

I'm all for protecting players but we are way past that point now.

Yeah KC having Mahomes and all those weapons, even with the mediocre D is an edge to me in a league that suddenly seems pedestrian in terms of QB star power. Right now after Allen and Mahomes it's a big drop off. Burrow/Herbert/Hurts are solid but not in the same league as the other two.
KC's problem is they have to get through Buffalo to get to the SB, hence their status as the third biggest favorite behind Buffalo and Philly.

On paper yeah- I just think come playoff time, barring injuries as always it's going to be wide open. I'm curious on the Giants as well. Most mediocre 6-2 team I can recall with so many clutch wins pulled out. That said Barkley is finally healthy and is a beast.
There is nothing that's a given in the NFL so yeah I'm sure it will be wide open. Not sure what Philly needs to do to impress at this juncture. They're 7-0 and in nearly every game have jumped out to a big lead and coasted to a W.

There is nothing that's a given in the NFL so yeah I'm sure it will be wide open. Not sure what Philly needs to do to impress at this juncture. They're 7-0 and in nearly every game have jumped out to a big lead and coasted to a W.

And are the only team that beat Minnesota and beat the crap out of them.

Iirc that one was put in like 20 years ago as part of rules changes to cut back on excessive celebrations
I thought it started with Favre who took his helmet off after every TD.

I thought it started with Favre who took his helmet off after every TD.
The Emmitt Smith Rule

Rule: It is unsportsmanlike conduct for a player to remove his helmet on the field during a touchdown celebration or confrontation.

Source: Smith, the Cowboys' eventual Hall of Fame running back, routinely took off his helmet in such situations. By 1997, Smith's eighth season, the NFL had outlawed it.

Reasoning: The league considered it taunting, an act it hoped to minimize for sportsmanship reasons and for the potential consequence of further post-play confrontation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom