2022 NFL Thread | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

As an Iggles' fan, they deserved to lose last night. They really missed their rookie man-mountain DL. It enabled Washington to pretty much keep the ball the entire first half, four yards at a time.

That will be a weakness to be exploited until he comes back and/or they come up with another solution.

That roughing call against Philly is everything wrong with todays NFL. The guy was already committed to hitting Heineke before Heineke gave himself up. Then Heineke takes a knee and Philly dude is basically already committed to launching himself , but to his credit, holds up, but still makes some contact . Flag thrown , game over.

I don’t care who won that game. I’m a bills fan. When you sign up to play in the NFL, you sign up for a degree of violence . It’s part and parcel of the deal. To call that bs, yet miss that egregious face mask earlier in the quarter? It’s everything wrong with this league of contradictions.
you mean the guy who took like 5 steps before hitting him?

Seems to me the Eagles biggest weakness is run defense.
True and particularly with Jordan Davis injured for the last few weeks. He should be back in two weeks. He's a run stuffer and will def help in an area that they need to shore up.

The Ravens only have one game left with a team over 500 the rest of the season. Plus, they are healthier than they've been in two years. They should run the table.
Not saying it will happen, but I won't be surprised if the Bengals take that division. Watson is coming back for Cleveland and they still have a bunch of road games.

Not saying it will happen, but I won't be surprised if the Bengals take that division. Watson is coming back for Cleveland and they still have a bunch of road games.
I think the Bengals are better than the Ravens but the remaining schedule for Cinci is brutal.

I'd be shocked if the Bengals get to 9 wins. Until they show they can move the ball and not get totally outcoached against a good team - I don't buy them and I am a fan. Long suffering ha.

I'd be shocked if the Bengals get to 9 wins. Until they show they can move the ball and not get totally outcoached against a good team - I don't buy them and I am a fan. Long suffering ha.
I think Taylor is terrible, but the Dolphins and Jets wins are looking a lot better than they did before the season and for the criticism he's received this year Burrow's numbers are about equal to Josh Allen with less turnovers. The best thing that could happen to the Bengals is an injury to Mixon. I am not joking.

lol "hitting him". That was a love tap.
I thought the other guy grabbing him and bending him backwards was actually more egregious. He definitely saw him take the knee as well.

Notice I said "should". The Bengals and the Ravens play the last game of the season. It could be for the division.

Do we really have cats lurking the Bills thread all year waiting for them to get a call. Congrats on finally getting to post something like this in *checks notes* week 10 vs another snakebitten team.
Hasn't even been that much griping since the Tampa fiasco last yr anyways.
Yes, dorks abound on this site.

All of the "refs have no impact on games" geeks were probably pretty silent after last night's officiating debacles.

I think Taylor is terrible, but the Dolphins and Jets wins are looking a lot better than they did before the season and for the criticism he's received this year Burrow's numbers are about equal to Josh Allen with less turnovers. The best thing that could happen to the Bengals is an injury to Mixon. I am not joking.
It's a scary explosive and complete team on paper but if those are their two most impressive games... Miami was in an all-time horrible spot on a short week after their defense was on the field for 90 plays and still had a lead in the 4th qtr. The Jets game was all turnovers, misleading score. Agree on Mixon - their obsession with him is so dumb.

watch it in real time again. until they slowed it down it looked like a complete head shot.. if it was Shrader getting hit and no call people would be screaming here.

Looking forward to our rematch vs the jets and delivering the pats another L.

Think the Dolphins can end with 12 wins.

Hate any matchup in Buffalo and the Chargers/SF could present issues.

Yes, dorks abound on this site.

All of the "refs have no impact on games" geeks were probably pretty silent after last night's officiating debacles.

The ref calls had no impact on the game. Wash played better and should have won, grown adult who's user name is obscure Syracuse basketball player calling other people dorks and geeks.

And with that...onto ignore...

That roughing call against Philly is everything wrong with todays NFL. The guy was already committed to hitting Heineke before Heineke gave himself up. Then Heineke takes a knee and Philly dude is basically already committed to launching himself , but to his credit, holds up, but still makes some contact . Flag thrown , game over.

I don’t care who won that game. I’m a bills fan. When you sign up to play in the NFL, you sign up for a degree of violence . It’s part and parcel of the deal. To call that bs, yet miss that egregious face mask earlier in the quarter? It’s everything wrong with this league of contradictions.

The rule is what's wrong, but the call is the call. You have to expect them to make it.
Is there anything Graham could have done? Hard to say.

But like the players that land on the QB, its basically impossible to avoid...it's just the call they've decided on.
Same as the sideline hit they called. They call it.

Eagles had plenty of chances after the facemask fumble. You have to expect bad calls along the way. Minny got plenty and still won. Gonna have those games

The 1st guy love tapped him and handed him a beer, they drank it…then the 2nd guy hit.

That’s a flag 40 years ago too.

The ref calls had no impact on the game. Wash played better and should have won, grown adult who's user name is obscure Syracuse basketball player calling other people dorks and geeks.

And with that...onto ignore...
Happy to be on your ignore.

“Ref calls had no impact on the game”….LMAO. Never mind the judgment calls - the non-call on the blatant facemask literally have Washington the ball in FG territory (they wound up making a FG) instead of Philly having the ball around midfield, down 2 in Q4. I didn’t care who won the game, but the incompetence of the officiating is a sight to see.

Also, “whose”.

watch it in real time again. until they slowed it down it looked like a complete head shot.. if it was Shrader getting hit and no call people would be screaming here.
NFL football is played at a very fast pace. Officials are asking way too much of these defenders when they're going all out and then have to stop on a dime. Not as easy as it looks. Intent should also come into play at some level - Graham was clearly not trying to hurt TH.

The 1st guy love tapped him and handed him a beer, they drank it…then the 2nd guy hit.

That’s a flag 40 years ago too.
haha. I expect more of you Kaiser. Watch youtube video of Deacon Jones, Dick Butkus, Jack Tatum and the boys. Unabashed mayhem. Those fellas would laugh uncontrollably at that call last night.

The Eagles cost the Eagles the game last night. Especially, the D's inability to get off the field in the first half. I say that as an Iggles' fan. However, the officiating, including, BTW, from NFL Headquarters, has been awful this year.

I mean, it was up to New York to review that incomplete pass that was ruled complete at the end of the Bills/Vikes game, but they clearly didn't. Were they just swapping war stories there instead of watching the game? And 12 men on the field, but nobody saw it? How does that happen?

Not to mention, the horrible inconsistency from crew to crew. Some are over-the-top flag-happy, and some swallow their whistles. There must be some way to even that out.

haha. I expect more of you Kaiser. Watch youtube video of Deacon Jones, Dick Butkus, Jack Tatum and the boys. Unabashed mayhem. Those fellas would laugh uncontrollably at that call last night.
I laughed at it too, but it was right.

I hate both teams and was rooting for the iggs. Want to put as much separation from the top and the bottom…ie pokes and redskins.

Giants can sweep iggs and win division.

I did not discuss the violence of the hit, just that it was 3 days late to a guy who took a knee.

That call was a no brainer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom