2022 NFL Thread | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

lol. It's the NFL. Just win. Not like the BCS where you're looking to pile up style points.
The Vikes were due to get blown out. They've won some games that simply defied credulity.

I was mildly encouraged by the Eagles today. Looks like they've shored up the run D with the additions of Suh and Joseph. Should be enough until their man mountain rookie gets back. While the O sputtered a bit, it was largely due to uncharacteristic turnovers.

They now have a one-game lead over the Vikes and a two-game lead over the Cowboys, with a win over each.

The Vikes were due to get blown out. They've won some games that simply defied credulity.

I was mildly encouraged by the Eagles today. Looks like they've shored up the run D with the additions of Suh and Joseph. Should be enough until their man mountain rookie gets back. While the O sputtered a bit, it was largely due to uncharacteristic turnovers.

They now have a one-game lead over the Vikes and a two-game lead over the Cowboys, with a win over each.

Kind of worried about DG missing time. Seemed the TEs next up are not up to the task.

Sorry. You forget there’s real people affected by Russ Wilson’s awful contract and general douchebaggery
200w.gif

Agreed. I was pleased with the defense after the opening drive. They bottled up Jonathan Taylor nicely after that first drive. Between the turnovers and several critical penalties, the offense had a bad outing but still got it done when they had to get it done. 9-1 I'll take it.

Last edited:
Kind of worried about DG missing time. Seemed the TEs next up are not up to the task.
The Birds had three TEs play today and each one committed a damaging penalty. So there's that.

lol. It's the NFL. Just win. Not like the BCS where you're looking to pile up style points.

Well using past precedent, front runners sometimes peak a little early. It's happened to Dallas quite a few times. It's Nick's first contender and they shot out of a cannon. Now you lose your second best receiver in Goedert and that combination of keeping pace and adversity is tough. You will find out a lot about Hurts and your coach now in the home stretch.

I mean I get it. Seen this show a time or two though. I get the excitement and the leave me alone we are winning it all mentality.

While yes also the Vikes were due to get beat, the blown out comment is laughable. They just came off a win vs Buffalo.. so come on now. That said, like the Giants they have been defying gravity of sorts in some of these wins. This is also why though I say what I say about Philly. Objectively speaking they look like a team that needs to rekindle the early season swagger vs hanging on for dear life.

Agreed. I was pleased with the defense after the opening drive. They bottled up Jonathan Taylor nicely after that first drive. Between the turnovers and several critical penalties, the offense had a bad outing but still got it done when they had to get it done. 9-1 I'll take it.

The Colts offense has been anemic all year in putting points on the board. They average the 5th lowest ppg in the league and the Taylor led rushing attack is 7th worst in the league. Again a win is a win but Goedert is a big loss and it shows.

Anyways like I said before you will find out a lot now about your coach and QB.

Well using past precedent, front runners sometimes peak a little early. It's happened to Dallas quite a few times. It's Nick's first contender and they shot out of a cannon. Now you lose your second best receiver in Goedert and that combination of keeping pace and adversity is tough. You will find out a lot about Hurts and your coach now in the home stretch.
Well I thought we found out something about Hurts today. Not sure if u watched any of the game but he was impressive down the stretch. As for the HC we'll see. Not sure that is an area of strength for the Cowboys in comparison to the Eagles. Goedert will be back in a few weeks so he's not out for the season.

The Colts offense has been anemic all year in putting points on the board. They average the 5th lowest ppg in the league and the Taylor led rushing attack is 7th worst in the league. Again a win is a win but Goedert is a big loss and it shows.

Anyways like I said before you will find out a lot now about your coach and QB.
Wasn't it just a week ago that the Boys gave the Pack their only win in the last seven weeks? The Pack have been pretty anemic as well.

The NFL is crazy, there is no one dominant team. We'll see who's peaking come January. At this juncture it's all about a) getting into the playoffs and then b) securing home field advantage and the bye that comes along with it. Doesn't guarantee anything but it does improve your odds.

I mean I get it. Seen this show a time or two though. I get the excitement and the leave me alone we are winning it all mentality.

While yes also the Vikes were due to get beat, the blown out comment is laughable. They just came off a win vs Buffalo.. so come on now. That said, like the Giants they have been defying gravity of sorts in some of these wins. This is also why though I say what I say about Philly. Objectively speaking they look like a team that needs to rekindle the early season swagger vs hanging on for dear life.
I must have missed something. Who on this board has been claiming that the Eagles will win it all?

I must have missed something. Who on this board has been claiming that the Eagles will win it all?

Hyperbole... turn of phrase.. I wasn't saying yall said that just pointing to the excitement any fan of the best team in a sport halfway through the season. Bad job on my part with that.

Wasn't it just a week ago that the Boys gave the Pack their only win in the last seven weeks? The Pack have been pretty anemic as well.

The NFL is crazy, there is no one dominant team. We'll see who's peaking come January. At this juncture it's all about a) getting into the playoffs and then b) securing home field advantage and the bye that comes along with it. Doesn't guarantee anything but it does improve your odds.

Dallas has one big problem and that is Dak Prescotts inconsistency. The GB game was a perfect example of a likely outcome with Dak at QB sadly. Again I don't disagree with the genesis of your point at all including home field. Just the signs of teams that can be paper tigers come playoff time via great starts. Nothing new.. was just pointing it out. As has been done here many a time when Dallas was leading the way in the NFC reg season... ;)

Dallas has one big problem and that is Dak Prescotts inconsistency. The GB game was a perfect example of a likely outcome with Dak at QB sadly. Again I don't disagree with the genesis of your point at all including home field. Just the signs of teams that can be paper tigers come playoff time via great starts. Nothing new.. was just pointing it out. As has been done here many a time when Dallas was leading the way in the NFC reg season... ;)
For the record I'm not completely sold on Hurts. He locks onto one receiver too often and also struggles to pick up the blitz. But he seems to be making good progress this year and he's a load when he takes off out of the pocket.

Funny...James and Kelce were locked up all game long, with no flags called. Refs throw one on James with 1:00 left. Instead of 4th down, it's an automatic first down.

Funny...James and Kelce were locked up all game long, with no flags called. Refs throw one on James with 1:00 left. Instead of 4th down, it's an automatic first down.
Not to mention the obvious OPI that started the drive

Some team with an unproven or maligned QB is likely making the SB in the NFC this year. Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings, Niners, Seahawks, Giants, and Bucs are the likely playoff teams right now.

Some team with an unproven or maligned QB is likely making the SB in the NFC this year. Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings, Niners, Seahawks, Giants, and Bucs are the likely playoff teams right now.
The Commanders are 1 game behind the Giants right now and play them back-to-back. I don 't think the Commanders. will have any problems against the Giants high school offense. The Giants will not make the playoffs and the Commanders will replace them.

Agreed, they should have been flagging Derwin all game.

Agreed, they should have been flagging Derwin all game.
Perhaps (although Kelce does love to extend that forearm coming out of his break)….so why choose to flag it on a crucial 3rd down?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom