2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s interesting you think it’s negative. I’m happy he would guarantee a spot if it gets us big time recruits. Just as he did in the past.
What he didn't know is if JB guaranteed a starting spot but if you don't practice hard or do what you are told you can start and be subbed out within a few minutes each half.

What he didn't know is if JB guaranteed a starting spot but if you don't practice hard or do what you are told you can start and be subbed out within a few minutes each half.
I don’t think JB guarantees starting spots with recruits. I think he guarantees some recruits they will have the opportunity at a starting spot, if they come in and do what is required to start.

I don’t think JB guarantees starting spots with recruits. I think he guarantees some recruits they will have the opportunity at a starting spot, if they come in and do what is required to start.
3 guard line up

quickness as well
Good point. Quickness will be one of the most noticeable differences next season. It should also be much more difficult for teams to press/pressure us. I expect (hope is probably more accurate) that Sy, Judah, and Joe might be on the court at the same time in late game situations when we are up and teams are running hard full court pressure. Joe and Judah are also both great FT shooters, which will help to negate Sy's percentage.

One addition (Judah) and teams will have to defend us differently. It's subtle, but this was a huge get for more reasons than Judah being a scoring combo who can run the point.

Good point. Quickness will be one of the most noticeable differences next season. It should also be much more difficult for teams to press/pressure us. I expect (hope is probably more accurate) that Sy, Judah, and Joe might be on the court at the same time in late game situations when we are up and teams are running hard full court pressure. Joe and Judah are also both great FT shooters, which will help to negate Sy's percentage.

One addition (Judah) and teams will have to defend us differently. It's subtle, but this was a huge get for more reasons than Judah being a scoring combo who can run the point.
Help our defense. And to get Jimmy off the floor from a defensive standpoint will be a big help. Of the four dreadful defenders we put on the floor, Jimmy, because of his lack of quickness, was the worst.

He has. This is not up for debate. It’s not always done, but he has absolutely told recruits they are starting before they get on campus.

Mostly because he knows they’ll earn it once practice starts, But there have been a couple times….

I’ve been saying this for years
happy michael scott GIF

He has. This is not up for debate. It’s not always done, but he has absolutely told recruits they are starting before they get on campus.

Mostly because he knows they’ll earn it once practice starts, But there have been a couple times….

This.

Honestly my post wasn’t meant to be negative at all. It was to answer if Mintz would be starting.

I would think after seeing the Fab Melo token starts this was obvious to everyone that this does exist, but then the stuff with Kadary happened and some posters said back then that guaranteed starts arent a thing. Was just pointing out that it pretty clearly does happen and I would guess it happened here..as well with getting Benny to stay.

This.

Honestly my post wasn’t meant to be negative at all. It was to answer if Mintz would be starting.

I would think after seeing the Fab Melo token starts this was obvious to everyone that this does exist, but then the stuff with Kadary happened and some posters said back then that guaranteed starts arent a thing. Was just pointing out that it pretty clearly does happen and I would guess it happened here..as well with getting Benny to stay.
Mintz is going to start. JB knows this. Dasher knows this. You know this. Everyone knows this. The guy I bought the milkshake from the other day, he knew it to.

This.

I know. I’ll also add that I don’t think JB has ever told a recruit that he’d start, that JB thought had no shot at starting. He doesn’t do it just to get a kid, it’s more of a thing to get a stud..,

I know. I’ll also add that I don’t think JB has ever told a recruit that he’d start, that JB thought had no shot at starting. He doesn’t do it just to get a kid, it’s more of a thing to get a stud..,
Rakeem Christmas token starts when we were loaded come to mind as well.

Many, many examples.

So I'm just tossing it out there but was JB's comment around playing mtm coming with a thought of going 3 guards and smaller? Purely a wag on my part but seeing Symir is a senior now...

Help our defense. And to get Jimmy off the floor from a defensive standpoint will be a big help. Of the four dreadful defenders we put on the floor, Jimmy, because of his lack of quickness, was the worst.
Joe was worse.

It’s interesting you think it’s negative. I’m happy he would guarantee a spot if it gets us big time recruits. Just as he did in the past.
It sounded like a criticism to me.

I am not sure how often he has promised recruits a starting position in the past.

I know many recruits have said JB only promised them a chance to compete for a starting position.

There are many examples in the past though where plsyer A stsrted all season but was clearly a token starter, where player B came in and took over each game shortly after the opening tip. That implies a promised starting job to me. And says to me even if a recruit is promised they will start, it doesn’t mean a great deal.

But agree, Judah is so good that it would be a no brainer to promise him this.

It sounded like a criticism to me.

I am not sure how often he has promised recruits a starting position in the past.

I know many recruits have said JB only promised them a chance to compete for a starting position.

There are many examples in the past though where plsyer A stsrted all season but was clearly a token starter, where player B came in and took over each game shortly after the opening tip. That implies a promised starting job to me. And says to me even if a recruit is promised they will start, it doesn’t mean a great deal.

But agree, Judah is so good that it would be a no brainer to promise him this.
You’re up late. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.