2022 PGA Tour | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2022 PGA Tour

Why will Ryder Cup participants be paid eventually? They have been playing that event for years and years. I don't think any player has ever asked to be paid. It is an honor to represent your country. Or at least it used to be.
Mark O'Meara brought it up 20 years ago and took the hit for those too scared to ask. You can't be honored to represent your country and still get money? The event generates hundreds of millions of dollars. I stand by what I said, they will eventually get paid beyond the $200,000 the US players currently get to give to charity.

I don't care if Ryder Cup players get paid or not, but U.S. LIV golfers shouldn't allowed anywhere near Bethpage in 2025 let alone allowed to participate. They turned their backs on what made them like Tiger said and their country in my opinion. They're a disgrace.

Mark O'Meara brought it up 20 years ago and took the hit for those too scared to ask. You can't be honored to represent your country and still get money? The event generates hundreds of millions of dollars. I stand by what I said, they will eventually get paid beyond the $200,000 the US players currently get to give to charity.
Too scared to ask? Maybe they just thought it was an honor to play for their country. I think that is pretty neat that you play for the honor of playing for your country. Every two years we see how much that means to those guys. I haven't seen many turn it down. At the end of the day, you will probably be correct. They might as well go all the way and give more money to the winning team.

Last edited:
Humble brag alert:

Having just played the course last month, it should be especially interesting to see the Open played there. :)
How many pot bunkers you hit out of?

How many pot bunkers you hit out of?
One greenside, and I made it onto the green. Royal Dornoch (up in Inverness) was a different story, though. :)

Last edited:
I played Dornoch last month.
An absolute delight of a golf course. Except that 2nd hole. We had sun and 60 degrees, gentle breezes, early June. :)

Did you have to play off of a mat?
Sorry just saw this. There were several places where there were small astroturf strips to use if you landed near them. But we didn't have to haul a mat around for every shot.

Last edited:
An absolute delight of a golf course. Except that 2nd hole. We had sun and 60 degrees, gentle breezes, early June. :)
I played it June 9, the 2nd hole is almost impossibly difficult. I double bogeyed it and felt I picked up 2 shots on "the field".

Not sure I feel bad for Tiger - he was the one driving 85 mph and wrecked. But it isn't fun to watch. He's gotten well past the point of needing every shot to be covered on tv. If I wanted to watch bad golf, there's plenty of local courses I can go watch.

Last hole at St Andrews?

The Open doesn't return there until 2027.

20 under may finish 3rd with these conditions
Correct.

Kisner is 8 under today with two holes to go. With no wind, St Andrew’s is defenseless.

Not sure what the forecast calls for. Wish we had a day with 30 mph and driving rain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom