2022 PLL Season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2022 PLL Season

Unfortunately professional lacrosse is not nearly at the level of other professional sports where players are drafted simply on value and fit. Lots of things go into a lacrosse draft pick. In the MLL, the first question a lot of coaches would ask was "can you commit to playing in our city?" Players have full time jobs outside of lacrosse.

The PLL has simplified things a bit, by being a traveling road show, but that still doesn't mean guys want to commit to moving around the country all summer. I'm sure a lot picks were based on the fact that guys could commit to playing this summer and making it a priorty. There were a lot of really good players that I'm really surprised were not picked this draft. Here is a sampling, most if not all are "house hold names" I would say. -

Gibson Smith - D, Georgetown
Jakob Phaup - FO, Syracuse
Mike Adler - G, Duke
Sean Lully - A, Duke
Joe Roberston - A, Duke
Antony DeMaio - M, Maryland
Bobby Abshire - A, Army
Marcus Hudgins - D, Army
Mac O'Rourke - A, Bryant
Brendan Krebs - G, Manhatten

The below players are Ivy players who I think still have eligibility but were listed as "snubs" by lax jouros
John Piateli - A, Cornell
George Baughan - D, Princeton
Chris Brown - A, Princeton
So Unrelated but wasn’t Baughan commuted to cuse and then he flipped?

ESPN is far more advanced digitally. Can’t be bad.
99790F6E-839B-4ADA-BEA3-3289C8FC09CA.png

Lmao

Staats missed all of last season due to injury. Too bad, one of my favorite SU alums. Hope he comes back next year.

I would really hate to be the guy who gets caught in double team from kennedy and rowlett. Those two are straight animals individually. Now both working together all can say is Ouch!

Some interesting goalies getting cut from PLL rosters and put back in the player pool:

Porter, Alex Rode, Mike Adler among others. Clearly playing in the ACC the last few years and being a 2-time champ (Rode) is not the way to go. It appears that if you want to be a pro goalie, you should play in a weaker conference - Sconone, Deluca, Troutner, McElroy, Kirst in addition to Dobson's exploits in the weakest MAAC conference.

did jamie get cut or isn’t playing this year? Didn’t even here if was at training camp? Believe he was on cannons. Jamie tromboli ?

did jamie get cut or isn’t playing this year? Didn’t even here if was at training camp? Believe he was on cannons. Jamie tromboli ?
Pretty sure I saw him there. Cannons practiced after Chaos. Saw Bomberry.

The thing with the PLL is that it will eventually have it's Steph Curry moment where people realize how insanely valuable the two point shot is and try to base an offense around it. I believe they moved the line a touch closer than it was in the MLL days as well. The endgame is a bunch of fast shooters hucking it from outside, and the entertainment value will suffer greatly. 2 pointer will always be the worst part of the sport. You put the ball in the goal you get 1 point. Every other sport with a goal is the same. It's an old man take but thats how it should be. A lot of pll games seem to end up in the 9-12 goal range too.

Ok thanks i thought porter might not make it as was going against marocco n kirst who has looked very good past few games. But shocked on jamie. Then again to few pll teams and way way way to much talent being left out

My son watched Chaos practice Monday morning (I was there fishing). He said Kennedy and Rowlett were “Beasting”. He got a kick out of Rowlett who’s a big talker- just loud.
Yea i can only imagine those two recking house. Both remind me of each other. Fast super aggressive and stout. Chaos D should def be very physical, laying the boom on dudes. Can’t wait to see it.

Syracuse alums who made their team’s 25 man roster are as follows:

Atlas - Brendan Curry, Peter Dearth, Jakob Phaup
Cannons - Bomberry, Solomon, Rhefuss
Chaos - Brett Kennedy, Tommy Palasek, Bradley Voigt

Players cut from their team’s 25 man roster:
Cannons - Drake Porter, Jamie Trimboli
Chrome - Randy Staats
Whipsnakes - Matt Abbott

I think that covers everyone. I’ve deemed the Cannons the unofficial Professional Orange but nice to see other teams match their total of Orange alums.

Interested to see if Palasek and Voigt can stick with the Chaos, half their team plays for the Buffalo Bandits and they have NLL duties for a few weeks. Voigt definitely seems like he fits what they like to do. Also brilliant decision on the Chaos/Bandits part, they basically get to play together all year long which gives them a huge leg up on other teams that barely get practice.

Bummed to see Staats get cut. I have to imagine he was pretty rusty coming back from injury. I hope he gets another shot.

The thing with the PLL is that it will eventually have it's Steph Curry moment where people realize how insanely valuable the two point shot is and try to base an offense around it. I believe they moved the line a touch closer than it was in the MLL days as well. The endgame is a bunch of fast shooters hucking it from outside, and the entertainment value will suffer greatly. 2 pointer will always be the worst part of the sport. You put the ball in the goal you get 1 point. Every other sport with a goal is the same. It's an old man take but thats how it should be. A lot of pll games seem to end up in the 9-12 goal range too.
I don’t see the 2 pointer being a thing. The outside shot in lax is the easiest to save. Cornell proved that on Saturday with many outsiders easily saved by McEnaney

I don’t see the 2 pointer being a thing. The outside shot in lax is the easiest to save. Cornell proved that on Saturday with many outsiders easily saved by McEnaney
From a solid angle there are a lot of guys who can put it away from 15 with enough time to wind it up. Not to mention the long pole coming down and just letting it rip without even aiming it really. Goalies aren’t going to read that right every time. The fact that some big lug of a long pole just launching the thing indiscriminately can be worth twice as much as Lyle outsmarting a long pole or a Schreiber skip pass is incredibly lame.

There’s no goalie in basketball. The goal is above everyone’s head. It’s not an apples to apples comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom