2022 Portal | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Portal

I wonder if JAB will have GMAC reach out to Khalid Moore? Cuse recruited him pretty hard if I remember correctly or was he just someone they thought would help to get Kofi?

Norchad Ormier or bust
Like his stats too - only worry is how will he effect Jesse’s game - great 2 point fg% and rebounder - a slasher, stop and pop guy or if he’s someone who really lives underneath the basket? Love high motor players and he seems like one.

Centers in the portal - Manny Bates, Efton Reid, KJ Williams...another guy Fardaws Aimaq is being recruited by Hop, Texas Tech and Kentucky.

forward/guard - terrence shannon looks good

PF norchad omier

reigning sun belt player of the year avg 18 and 12

PF norchad omier

reigning sun belt player of the year avg 18 and 12

I've seen Omier play a bunch of times. Mid-major competition, but he was a man among boys. Foul trouble is the only thing that can stop him. And supposedly has only been playing basketball for 3 or 4 years. An interesting wrinkle is that, as a foreign player, he apparently isn't allowed to have an NIL deal.

This site might already have been linked. If so I apologize. If you click on the basketball, and then transfer portal, you can get a list of all the players in the transfer portal sorted by player ranking.

Frank is rated 109. Quincy is rated 262.

Landers Nolley at 11...

With no knowledge, I’d guess Camden would be at the absolute top of the list. Extremely similar to Cole and also hustles his ass off. Watched Memphis’ first scrimmage before he got hurt. He was lethal from 3.

dasher do you think we try to bring in a backup center and a starting sf? Or just one or the other?

as "meh" as he may seem, Bryce Golden might be the play if indeed the staff wants a bigger body F who could slide into the 5 for some minutes and hit the 3 if left open
Very blah because of his defense. Don’t understand why we would want him anymore. I know we recruited him late out of hs, but would really hurt us at the 4 or 5 on defense. I mean really hurt us.

I”ll repeat this…

Is this kid that much better than Bunch or Taylor?

If the answer is no, not really(and I think it is) it makes no sense to bring someone in just a year ahead of our freshmen.

We would need to sign someone who would be here just for one year and is a proven scorer.

This kid doesn’t seem to be it.
Counterpoint - our recent roster management doesn't make sense anyway.

I would love this one, but we have no previous relationship here (outside of Benny's family). Efton was tight with Woody, so this one likely will never happen. Too bad. His mother was always fun to chat with during the EYBL when I watched Team Takeover. She is the one that told me Woody and family really wanted Syracuse before his commitment. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Virginia.

THIS is the dude we need

THIS is the dude we need

I would have to guess UK is all over him. It's their backyard plus they just had a ton of success with Tshiebwe. He will be highly coveted.

I am wondering with all the players in the portal last year, what happened to those who were left standing when the music stopped? Did they all go back to the schools they jumped into the portal from and those schools took them back? Or they ended up at a lower tier school or had to accept an even lesser role? Any player left without a scholarship because there is no more spot available? I haven't read any report where they discussed or interviewed some of those players who wished they didn't jump into the portal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom