2022 Top 10 Preview | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Top 10 Preview

anybody can be anywhere. lot of talent and pt floated out last year.
yale will be reloaded.
it's tough to see ahead of time any particular b1g team other than md challenging. but with the amount of losses everywhere in the acc (with the hoos maybe the least), hoo knows what'll happen.
unc has just a huge gulf at middie and maybe d. maybe they'll get three 3 or 4 year starters out of it. tillman needs to be on the field, it'll be interesting to see if they pull the plug on one of their 2 starters.
i like uva at 5. seems to be their sweet spot.
Well, hopefully your prediction on UVA will be right or at most off by 1. You would show me u but I'd live with it.

I agree with you on the Big Ten. I might put 3 of the other Big Ten teams in the 2nd 10: Rutgers, Hopkins and Michigan.

Well, hopefully your prediction on UVA will be right or at most off by 1. You would show me u but I'd live with it.

I agree with you on the Big Ten. I might put 3 of the other Big Ten teams in the 2nd 10: Rutgers, Hopkins and Michigan.
my uva prediction is for preseason. i like them at 5 preseason. seems to work. don't really care who people put in front of them. just put the hoos at 5.

my uva prediction is for preseason. i like them at 5 preseason. seems to work. don't really care who people put in front of them. just put the hoos at 5.
Sorry, but the Hoos are #1 and are the preseason #1--they've earned it. No other team has.

I've got UVA, Maryland, UNC, Duke, Notre Dame as my top 5 and in that order.

Arealax is reporting that Schutz had 5 goals in the Nike National game this afternoon.
All we need is for UVa to have an impact freshman attackman to go with Moore and Shellenberger.

While it is not official, there seem to be indications that Rode will not return at UVa.

While it is not official, there seem to be indications that Rode will not return at UVa.
May seem shocking to say this, but I don't think this will impact them much. Their incoming freshman Matt Nunes is the best goalie recruit I can think of in at least a decade. He can do everything.

May seem shocking to say this, but I don't think this will impact them much. Their incoming freshman Matt Nunes is the best goalie recruit I can think of in at least a decade. He can do everything.

They also have Gavin coming back who, as a freshman looked pretty good. Rode was kind of a modern day Jesse Schwartzman, easy to overlook for the regular season but in the playoffs seemed to stand on his head and make clutch saves. That sort of play is hard to replace.

This might be a new record. Hopkins has announced their non con opponents for 2022….in July!

Blue Jays are playing Delaware, Georgetown, Jacksonville, Loyola, Navy, North Carolina, Princeton, Syracuse, Towson and Virginia

This might be a new record. Hopkins has announced their non con opponents for 2022….in July!

Blue Jays are playing Delaware, Georgetown, Jacksonville, Loyola, Navy, North Carolina, Princeton, Syracuse, Towson and Virginia
That's a 15-game sked.

Duke took a step forward with Mcadory having an outstanding UA AA game. Carc and QK were indicating that Mcadory might play attack for Duke, but I think they will probably go with transfer Lulley as their 3rd Attackman.

Duke took a step forward with Mcadory having an outstanding UA AA game. Carc and QK were indicating that Mcadory might play attack for Duke, but I think they will probably go with transfer Lulley as their 3rd Attackman.
McAdory is too fast and too skilled to not have an instant impact. Wonder how everyone at Duke feels about another grad transfer attack swooping in. Lulley is good but he is not Sowers good. This obviously doesn't say everything about the guy, but his career points are less than what Sowers put up for Duke in one season last year. Also basically took a year off from serious lax after the already shortened 2020 season. Really want Dyson Williams to transfer here. Duke will be scary no matter what next year as they now have two middies you desperately will want to pole in Nakie and McAdory. One thing that held Duke back last year was that in the end no middie besides Nakie was consistently scary off the dodge, despite all the options.

McAdory is too fast and too skilled to not have an instant impact. Wonder how everyone at Duke feels about another grad transfer attack swooping in. Lulley is good but he is not Sowers good. This obviously doesn't say everything about the guy, but his career points are less than what Sowers put up for Duke in one season last year. Also basically took a year off from serious lax after the already shortened 2020 season. Really want Dyson Williams to transfer here. Duke will be scary no matter what next year as they now have two middies you desperately will want to pole in Nakie and McAdory. One thing that held Duke back last year was that in the end no middie besides Nakie was consistently scary off the dodge, despite all the options.
It is fair to say that a number of freshmen midfielders have struggled a bit with adjusting to D1.

It is sounding like most of the Terps' seniors who were regulars this spring will be back for their 5th year, except Shockey. A. DeMaio is apparently on the fence right now.

Duke also announced Joe Robertson, Cam Badour and Cam Mule. Did not realize Adler had another year of eligibility. Duke will be tough in 2022.

I don't know that it fits the topic here, but OSU has posted their 2022 roster
Jackson Reid and Justin Inacio are listed as returning for a 5th year. 5 transfers are also listed.

Hard to see OSU making the top 10, but having Reid and Inacio back could let them make the top 20.

The Wackoo's (sp?), that is UVa, have their 2022-2023 roster:
Even pictures of the freshmen.

The Wackoo's (sp?), that is UVa, have their 2022-2023 roster:
Even pictures of the freshmen.
Going for 3 peat. Roster of 43, Zinn not yet listed. No Rode as rumored but Kastner on roster. A hoops scrimmage may have kept him in his lane.

I was looking over the way to early rankings on fanlax and noticing that comeonman didn't have Syracuse in either his first or second ten.

I was looking over the way to early rankings on fanlax and noticing that comeonman didn't have Syracuse in either his first or second ten.
Some random guy doesn't have us in the top 20?? #FIREGAIT #CLOSETHEGAIT #WOMENSCOACH

Is he a Hopkins poster? Best 4-9 team ever, pencil them in for FF.

aka, hard for even avid Cuse fans to know where 21-22 team truly stands entering this season as much remains to be answered.

Appear lesser on paper .Graduated several key players, no incoming studs from portal or 21 recruiting class. Unlikely another Hiltz talent comes off bench.

Flip side is that team retained some key talents and growth could be seen by others . Team will have a full fall of prep under new coaching that should reenergize and refocus in absence of distractions.

My guess is preseason polls initially place Cuse around 15 but team progresses and ranks higher by year end.

Gait has enough to make the postseason. Period. No wild expectations beyond that.

T25. Michigan
T25. Towson
24. High Point
23. Villanova
22. Richmond
21. Bryant

I'd probably put Michigan in the top 20. It seems a little bit like "Crying wolf", but they return a lot. Michigan also brings in another strong recruiting class lead by 5-star Mulholland

I'd probably put Michigan in the top 20. It seems a little bit like "Crying wolf", but they return a lot. Michigan also brings in another strong recruiting class lead by 5-star Mulholland
In the end it is just plain hard to judge when they only played big 10 teams. I guess them giving Rutgers a game late in the season is a solid sign. Not sure what could make their offense truly scary other than Mulholland exploding from day 1. Defense also looks to have given up quite a few goals, even against weak offenses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom