2022 USMNT Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2022 USMNT Thread

This may be a hot take but I think Musah and Mckennie are too similar with what they want to do in MF. De la Torre provided a different look. If he stays in form with his Dutch club would love to see him start vs Mexico.
Not a hot take. I agree with you. Both like to penetrate with vertical runs with the ball at their feet.

I do think Mckennie has added significant nuance to his game, which Musah does not yet have, and that was in evidence last night.

De la Torre adds a different quality to the midfield.

I play the best possession and bunker team against Mexico.
Best possible lineup at Home against Panama.

Then all hands on deck at Costa Rica.
I agree with this.

Panama is most important game. Win that and they cannot catch us and we finish no worse than 4th and Costa Rica would need 9 points to finish third.

Costa Rica second most important game, then Mexico.

Just heard this stat on TV..
The final round of CONCACAF qualifying started being played in 1997.

No teams have ever won 6 games in a row over that time -- not US, not Mexico -- until tonight. Canada was the first team to win 6 games in a row.
I’ve been super impressed with J David. Physicality, play making, and finishing. This team is legit.

The USA “A” team would make the knockout round of the Euros.

Its a good team. Our problem is just getting everyone in top form at the same time and healthy.
Which is just luck.

I don’t think its unreasonable to expect to do really well at the 2026 WC.

Outside of France, Germany, Brazil i would like our chances at home against England, Belgium types.
No team in Concacaf is even close to the top tier of UEFA (European championship teams) right now let alone England or Belgium who are contenders to win the World Cup. Yes they always seem to choke but the roster difference is not even close. Portugal and Italy are in the playoffs, it’s a whole different ball game in terms of quality.

It’s not a slight on USA or even Canada for that matter it just is what it is.

Last edited:
No team in Concacaf is even close to the top tier of UEFA (European championship teams) right now let alone England or Belgium who are contenders to win the World Cup. Yes they always seem to choke but the roster difference is not even close. Portugal and Italy are in the playoffs, it’s a whole different ball game in terms of quality.

Right, but its not just the top tier that make the knockouts in the Euros.

Not saying USA is a top tier European club.

But I think USA A team could make final 16 or 8 of a Euro tournament.

Our team A team hasn’t played a match together in a Berhalter era.
Covid last year and this year injuries
and terrible player selection.

I am not saying we are better than England or Belgium either but in 2026 at a WC on home turf we could beat those type of teams.

*I was very impressed with LDT. Has a lot more "bite" on D than I was led to believe.
*Acosta was playing like he did in the Gold Cup last summer. He had a great game.
*Sam Vines kept getting call ups when he was in MLS. Now that he's in Belgium he's not... interesting. Is there an MLS quota?

Not over a qualifying campaign, but 'in any one game ..'.

Interesting. He hasn't broken into Bayern XI just yet (would be hard for anyone) so this is interesting but ultimately not a make-or-break type guy.

If anything I read that GGG is not keeping in touch with RB Joe Scally at Gladbach. He's played the most mins of any RB in the pool. Shocking if it's true.

Mckennie being hurt for 8-12 weeks probably not a good thing for the next series of games. who takes that spot now.

What will the final standings be

Mex-US can-CR really the games that push things

Mex 21 - probably wins the other 2 so 27-30
US 21 - Can they beat Mex again. Tough to see but 24-28, need to at least beat Panama
Can 25 - Probably 5 pts is the min they get 30-32
Pan 17 - Unless they beat the US on the road 21-23
CR 16 - Can game could be everything. Win that and anything is possible for them. 20-23

a US loss and a Can loss and most likely its gets sticky with 2 to go.
Can 25
Mex 24
US 21
Pan 20
CR 19

A US loss and Can win and its Pan for the lock top 3
Can 28
Mex 24
US 21
Pan 20
CR 16

Now A US win and Can loss but now Pan for Lock top 3 and a bunch of games come into play
Can 25
US 24
Mex 21
Pan 20
CR 19

you could then see after the 2nd game and some crazy results
Can 25
US 24
Mex 24
Pan 23
CR 22

Given a crazier 3d game set of games..
Pan 26
Can 25
CR 25
US 24
Mex 24.

Crap now Turner might be out too.. Its like the SU roster falling apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom