2022 World Cup | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2022 World Cup

I need CR to pull this out for my parlay today.. Hit my Jap over .5 and jap/spain over 2.5.

now rooting for my Jap and CR to win bets.
Ticooooooooo'sssssss

Don't think we'll see Reyna going 90 with anyone this tournament sadly.

Yeah, I think that someone higher up will need to talk to Greg about his man management skills, and how he has handled an admittedly deep pool of guys.

He can't run so hot and cold with guys, freezing them out for a year or two and then calling them in. We need more consistency, and less reliance on MLS borderline players, who we seem to use for convenience at the expense of building up team chemistry.

I don't like how this whole Reyna situation is playing out. There's something weird going on there. You can tell from the body language.

I don't like how he handled John Brooks, which I suspect was a disciplinary thing, maybe calling out the coach or his tactics.

His selections of center forwards has also been peculiar, you have to admit.

Yeah. 16 Groups of 3 with the top 2 in each group advancing to knockouts. First problem is expanding to 48 teams. Then 2 draws in group play probably moves you on. Seems pretty watered down.
Groups of 3. How dumb. Any system in which MOST in a group advance is dumb.

Uruguay Jeff Saturday is devastated

Attachments

• 85834234-9D28-46B5-956F-BD89A7CFCAC4.jpeg
    85834234-9D28-46B5-956F-BD89A7CFCAC4.jpeg
    571.7 KB · Views: 17
Yeah. 16 Groups of 3 with the top 2 in each group advancing to knockouts. First problem is expanding to 48 teams. Then 2 draws in group play probably moves you on. Seems pretty watered down.

It sucks that we won't see situations like Italy not qualifying in the future. The 2 year qualifying phase is neutered.

I’ve got Brazil vs France. I think France’s athleticism will get them past England.
I’ve got USA winning the third place match!

I got us pulling the upset on the Dutch tomorrow. After that, I expect Argentina beats the Aussies and then drops us too. Nothing I've seen shows me we are better suited against the S. American sides.

I got us pulling the upset on the Dutch tomorrow. After that, I expect Argentina beats the Aussies and then drops us too. Nothing I've seen shows me we are better suited against the S. American sides.
Stop being rational!:)

I also have a hard time seeing us get past Argentina. They not only have Messi, they also have Champions League standouts like Darwin Nunez of Liverpool, Angel DiMaria, Paulo Dybala and Lautaro Martinez in attack.

Their central and holding midfield is not quite so full of stars, but they play hard and physical, and employ the tactical foul. Emiliano Martinez is excellent in goal, and they have a lot of defenders who play regularly in Spain, England and Italy.

Argentina is a hell of a team. I think they might win it all. It's interesting that the bracket is set up for Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo to potentially meet in the Final. That would be something, wouldn't it?

And like Argentina, Portugal has a lot more talent in their team than just their talisman.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom