2023-24 NBA Season | Page 113 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Yeah not sure the HC was the Pistons problem.
The team sucked but it sure seemed like Williams did an awful job as well. Maybe not a surprise considering he basically said at the intro presser he was overwhelmed financially and that’s why he took the job

The team sucked but it sure seemed like Williams did an awful job as well. Maybe not a surprise considering he basically said at the intro presser he was overwhelmed financially and that’s why he took the job
Lol forgot about that.

Sounds like he's in better financial shape now.

Hope the Lakers aren’t looking at Monty. Time for some new blood, not another recycled coach.

IMG_0245.jpeg

Don't know if this is true, nor do I care.

Everyone is saying that the Redick hire is "high risk, high reward." I actually think it's the exact opposite, low risk low reward. I see the Lakers continuing to be low-to-mid 40 win team, hover around the bubble, and get bounced early in the playoffs. They'll never suck with Lebron and AD but they'll never be a title contender until they get a deeper, more balanced roster. And then the Lakers will get bored with Redick after like two years and move on to someone else.

The bulls are just so utterly lost
They are and they screwed this up in a lot of ways. Timing of the deal, not packaging Caruso in a deal to move another bad contract (ahem Zach), etc...That said they had to move on from Caruso contract right? Giddey was unplayable in the playoffs but he is 21 has a ton bigger upside than Caruso, needed a fresh start, and is a much better player than he demonstrated last year. Will they sign him? Who knows but they got a younger and bigger player who has a ton more skill.

The remaining moves will be interesting - they weren't going anywhere as currently constructed.

They are and they screwed this up in a lot of ways. Timing of the deal, not packaging Caruso in a deal to move another bad contract (ahem Zach), etc...That said they had to move on from Caruso contract right? Giddey was unplayable in the playoffs but he is 21 has a ton bigger upside than Caruso, needed a fresh start, and is a much better player than he demonstrated last year. Will they sign him? Who knows but they got a younger and bigger player who has a ton more skill.

The remaining moves will be interesting - they weren't going anywhere as currently constructed.
If this move finally means the Bulls are going to do an actual rebuild/tank this and other moves to happen… then this make sense. Big ask with the Reinsdorfs still as owners. They turned down 1st round picks last season for Caruso as they wanted to make the playoffs. Super frustrating with cheap billionaire owners.

Caruso for Giddey straight up was tough to see at first. Despite being 30, Caruso was still coveted by many teams. Thought they could get more or package him with LaVine. But Giddey is only 21 with a lot of potential still.

Giddey is now viewed as the Lonzo replacement. Zo is finally “healthy,” and now the Bulls are rumored to just buy him out. You’d think he could be had for something, but it is probably best to just move on.

LaVine will be traded. For what.. who knows? Asking price keeps coming down, down, down…

Sounds like Vuc is being shopped too.

The Bulls do not have their first round pick next year in the load 2025 draft, but they do have a top 10 protection on it.. so if there was ever enough time to rebuild/tank… this is their small window.

Last edited:
Yeah I dont think the Bulls are trying to rebuild here, if they were I think they would've prioritized draft picks.
Considering where they are, they definitely should have been looking to move Caruso. But Giddey is also about to get paid a lot of money as well and he just got played off the floor in the playoffs. I get that's not exactly a concern for the Bulls right now, but I would've tried to get picks for Caruso. I could see this trade looking a little bit like the Derrick White one to Boston, though Caruso is a few years older and not a 30 MPG player.

Covering off on a few things:

I thought I'd be a lot angrier that the Celtics won, but I don't really hate this Cs team and I'm pretty happy for Al Horford. Joe Mazz is insane in a good way, happy for him. Jrue Holiday is easy to root for. The Js are fine. Tatum prob gets too much hate for no reason.

Lakers hiring JJ accommodates Bron. Probably makes their lives 100x easier as a Klutch team. I think he needs to hire some vet HCs to be on his bench, or at least one, but in reality, the team is still not going to come out of the West. Nugs, OKC, Minny, Mavs are top 4 with Memphis being a wild card. Even a team like the Kings just re-signed Monk. Who knows with the Clips at the moment.

No idea on the Giddey for Caruso straight up. That's highway robbery. I get why you can talk yourself into Giddey (stat stuffer, young), but he's inefficient and is trending downward... nothing to say of his off court stuff. Bulls are just in a bad spot. For OKC, I would say they are likely the favorite to get the one seed next year in the West. If they get someone like Hartenstein, I'd say it's almost a lock.

I'm going to still contend that Bron should go to the Spurs in a perfect world. Wemby is going to win DPOY and will be on an all nba team next year.

I think wherever Klay lands it won't matter. I think he can have moments, but I think he's going to really take a step back.

I think Draymond is going to be toast.

Boston should be heavy favorites in the East next year.

Mavs need to upgrade on their wing. Not sure how it can work, but that is where PG would fit (again, not counting the salary issues), just in general.

I think the top guys going into next year for the "elite" level (vs doing a ranking):
Locks: Jokic, Luka, Giannis, SGA, Wemby (I think this is your all nba first team next year pending health)
Locks if healthy, but won't be healthy: Embiid
90% lock: Tatum
Might need another year to be a lock: Ant
Worried about age being a factor: Steph
Too old to do it consistently: Bron, KD, Kawhi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online