2023-24 NBA Season | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Not really a late riser, just kind of a boring prospect. All he’s really done so far in his career is play solid team defense and stand in the corner and make 3’s sometimes.

The descriptors used on the broadcast certainly are boring "Not an explosive athlete", "Might not be a great shot creator", doesn't scream #1.

But in this draft, getting someone who could potentially be a versatile / high level 3+D guy, is probably intriguing.

Lots of French guys -- I have to think San Antonio takes at least one of them at #4/#8 to put in a group with Victor -- or maybe not, that is not how they tend to operate.
I read last week that the Spurs were trying to move up to get Sarr to pair with Wemby.

Pop and Spurs will develop Castle. Good landing spot for him.

I read last week that the Spurs were trying to move up to get Sarr to pair with Wemby.

Pop and Spurs will develop Castle. Good landing spot for him.

Two ways to look at Castle with Wemby.

1. You would think you want shooters to surround Wemby - and Castle is certainly not that.
but
2. With Wemby getting increased attention all over the court, Castle could be a great release valve as a shot creator going to the rim who will have even more space to work with.

Wait, are they spoiling picks on the broadcast? I just started watching on ESPN, did they really reveal the pick before Silver announced it?

Two ways to look at Castle with Wemby.

1. You would think you want shooters to surround Wemby - and Castle is certainly not that.
but
2. With Wemby getting increased attention all over the court, Castle could be a great release valve as a shot creator who will have even more space to work with.
I mean I feel like no matter what people think "surround him with shooters" is a good plan, regardless of who the guy getting surrounded is.

Ron Holland - I'll go with him being underwhelming in the end simply because he was drafted by Detroit. Nothing ever works out for them.

I know he is a Syracuse guy, but Troy Weaver did some really suspect things while he was there

Ron Holland - I'll go with him being underwhelming in the end simply because he was drafted by Detroit. Nothing ever works out for them.

I know he is a Syracuse guy, but Troy Weaver did some really suspect things while he was there
He got Buddy on a two way though, THESE COLORS DON'T RUN

That’s right. 6’5ish combo guard. Probably not one with Cooper/Ace but a lottery pick nonetheless.
He certainly isn't the odds on favorite but he's got a chance depending on how next season goes. The stuff he was doing at the pro level this year is pretty remarkable for a 17 year old. Dropped 45/9 against Barcelona's 18U team and then put up 25/7 in the French playoffs playing with the big boys.

Dennis Lindsey just got hired the other day as Senior VP of Basketball Operations. Did a good job in Utah and will teach Trajan Langdon a few things.

I ended up with Holland #2 on my big board. His jumper is absolutely gross though and he's probably not as good defensively as people think right now. It's a bit of a projection.

Dennis Lindsey just got hired the other day as Senior VP of Basketball Operations. Did a good job in Utah and will teach Trajan Langdon a few things.
My impression of Lindsey from his time in Utah is he is a big time good old boy.

I ended up with Holland #2 on my big board. His jumper is absolutely gross though and he's probably not as good defensively as people think right now. It's a bit of a projection.
It seems like this whole draft will be a reach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom