2023-24 NBA Season | Page 119 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Speaking of which, Jonathan Givony selling the audience on Salaun by saying "he just lacks skill and feel for the game right now" is hilarious.
I love it.

"So let's break down the film. You'll notice immediately he can't shoot for shyd, tends to dribble the ball directly out of bounds, defends like he's wearing a weight vest, and struggles to rebound in and out of his zone because his hands need work. On the plus side, he has a unique ability to consume room temperature Powerade and not everyone can wear a jersey and shorts, but he can. He really, really can."

Seems like Minnesota is giving out some far away unprotected futures to get this pick.
San Antonio counting on Minnesota imploding in 5 years perhaps.

Wow, Zach Edey at #9. I figured one team would really like him, and take him higher than expected. But #9 is about 5 spots higher than I was expecting,

The T-Wolves just traded for Dillingham (#8 pick). They are sending the Spurs a 2031 unprotected first and a protected 2030 pick swap for Dillingham. Whoa…

For San Antonio that 2031 Wolves pick is also a valuable trade chip they could use much sooner IF (and that's an if) Minnesota starts to fall apart by say 2027/2028.

But again, the nets wouldn’t be tanking like they apparently are if they didn’t do this trade. They would’ve kept bridges and just been regular bad as opposed to whatever they’re gonna do now so the value of those picks if Houston held them would go down
I don’t really think it matters whether they try or not to tank. Theyre record was going to be in the realm of tank next year either way

San Antonio betting on Minnesota falling apart in 5 years.
Wonder what the protection is on the swap

They didn’t like anyone at 8 and want to keep the salary spot open for trades. Those picks will be used for a trade in the near or mid term future.

They didn’t like anyone at 8 and want to keep the salary spot open for trades. Those picks will be used for a trade in the near or mid term future.
Let’s start making trades for picks in years the earth may no longer exist

Heard this Kangaroo might go soon in the draft.
Look how jacked this thing is. Probably a freak athlete.

Bold! I like it. I definitely do not agree but I like the bold call lol
Very much biased by watching him in Maui but I go to like 35-40 CBB games every year and he's the first dude since at least pre-Covid that blew my mind watching in person. He makes playing offense look so easy. Creates open shots and makes tough shots. Definitely an argument that his defensive numbers are only not-horrible because he was playing for Barnes and the defense will always be elite.

I also know nothing about any international guys so I should have said college player. I also think Edey is going to be a good NBA player for a long time. I know that's less of a hot take than it used to be but his perception is a victim of his height. And I hated watching him in college. Lol

That's probably the biggest part of it. But as I noted above, and you agree, those picks are likely to be conveyed into value via a trade within 3 or 4 years.

That's probably the biggest part of it. But as I noted above, and you agree, those picks are likely to be conveyed into value via a trade within 3 or 4 years.

Salary slot not being filled is for near term, though.

But, yes, agree re longer term look for trades and those picks.

I think we’re in full agreement, haha. Just wanted to clarify.

Salary slot not being filled is for near term, though.

But, yes, agree re longer term look for trades and those picks.

I think we’re in full agreement, haha. Just wanted to clarify.

Probably also makes sense for Minnesota. They are sort in a pickle with the apron (I think, perhaps its next year for them). Tough to add players with an existing contract, so easiest way to get help now is getting a pick in this draft.

Although I would never count on a #8 pick, even in a strong draft, being a net positive as a rookie. But they had limited options to get help.

Holy reach bat man on Edey

I think Edey will put up significant per minute stats from the beginning of his time in the league (Points, Boards). But will that be 8 MPG or so, or could he get it up to 20 within a year or two.

We have already seen centers with more range than him who put up big numbers, that simply can't get much floor time in the new NBA because of their inability to defend in space.

I assume Memphis thinks they can do some creative stuff with JJJ to partner with him on D. Edey got exposed fairly badly against UConn on D (although he had to be dead tired as well)

I think Edey will put up significant per minute stats from the beginning of his time in the league (Points, Boards). But will that be 8 MPG or so, or could he get it up to 20 within a year or two.

We have already seen centers with more range than him who put up big numbers, that simply can't get much floor time in the new NBA because of their inability to defend in space.

I assume Memphis thinks they can do some creative stuff with JJJ to partner with him on D. Edey got exposed fairly badly against UConn on D (although he had to be dead tired as well)
I think Edey may start this year for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom