2023-24 NBA Season | Page 117 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

I don't really understand why the Kings would want Randle next to Sabonis, but yeah, I'd do that if I were the Knicks. I really like who will likely be available at #13 in this draft. Low-key hoping Milwaukee makes a similar trade to send Brook or Bobby to OKC for #12.

I think Kuzma and Lavine make sense for the Kings to target with those assets.
I would prefer Kuzma as well. The GM has tried to trade for him multiple times so maybe it finally happens? Bobby also fits that same positional need for the Kings and has the added bonus of being outspoken and showing some emotion on the court. That's sorely needed on the current roster, too many "nice guys".

Still trying to get a handle on all these apron rules, but having a trade kicker can't make follow up moves in a few years time too easy I would think.

Wanted to listen to some NBA Mock Drafts Podcasts yesterday while biking, and ran into the same issue every time. It's not a freaking mock draft , when it's just some schmo saying what teams should do. A mock draft is a projection of what teams will do.

I would here comments like this guy won't go nowhere near to #9, but he should so I'm picking him here. Is there some value to listening to that... sure, but don't label it as a MOCK Draft.
Mock drafts were really fun for a while, then they got overdone, and now they're just kind of... there for the content, I guess.

Bulls and DeRozan talks have cooled. Sounds like he is going to test the free agent market. If PG leaves the Clips, I could definitely see DeMar go to LA via sign and trade.

I think the Rockets did really well.

They gave up the ability to swap picks with the Nets next year and they gave the Nets their 2026 pick back in exchange for the better of Dallas or the Suns first round pick in 2029, along with the ability to swap their pick for the other of the dallas or suns pick. (basically between dallas, suns, and rockets picks in 2029 the Rockets get the 2 best picks) plus the suns unprotected 2027 first.

The key here is that the Nets would not have done the Bridges trade without doing this deal. They did the Bridges trade because they got control of their draft the next 2 years back. If the Rockets held the picks the Nets would've muddled along and the picks wouldnt have been as attractive.

Deni Avdija to Portland for Brogdon, #14, a 2029 first round pick (likely Portland or Milwaukee's), and two 2nd round picks.

A big part of the return was the Rockets getting the Suns futures that were owned by Brooklyn. And apparently the Rockets are interested in trading for Durant. The speculation is that if the Suns give up and rebuild, they would rather be controlling their own destiny with their own picks rather than other team's picks. So Houston offering a package with Phoenix first is more attrative to them.
Yes. This is the logic. I believe that if the sole goal is to facilitate a trade with the suns in a couple years, A+ for the trade.

for all other scenarios that exist in this and every other realities, the trade makes no sense. The value of those nets picks in 25/26 is going to be astronomical in two apparently loaded drafts.

Knecht will be the best player in the draft

It's probably a weak draft without elite talent ever developing. But a number of unexpected future stars have been drafted recently, so you never .

Looking at the top 10 players per a Ringer article (updated June 20)
1. Jokic - drafted #41
3. Giannis - #18
4. SGA #11
11. Brunson - somwhere in the 2nd
14, Kawhi - #15

Bold! I like it. I definitely do not agree but I like the bold call lol

I've heard about 10 different players being pegged as the most likely to succeed in this draft. It's all over the place, to the point where almost nothing is that bold in terms of prediction.

I'll go with Reed Sheppard - just outside all-star level for some years is my prediction, and maybe sneaking into 1 or 2. So many of these guys can't shoot yet or don't project as shooters.

Yes. This is the logic. I believe that if the sole goal is to facilitate a trade with the suns in a couple years, A+ for the trade.

for all other scenarios that exist in this and every other realities, the trade makes no sense. The value of those nets picks in 25/26 is going to be astronomical in two apparently loaded drafts.
But again, the nets wouldn’t be tanking like they apparently are if they didn’t do this trade. They would’ve kept bridges and just been regular bad as opposed to whatever they’re gonna do now so the value of those picks if Houston held them would go down

Over/Under on Bronny James draft selection is 54.5.
Lakers pick at 55.

I'm going with the Over / Undrafted option. James and by default his agent still has quite a bit of power... I don't think a team will want to mess with it. It would be entertaining if it did, I just don't see it happening.

But again, the nets wouldn’t be tanking like they apparently are if they didn’t do this trade. They would’ve kept bridges and just been regular bad as opposed to whatever they’re gonna do now so the value of those picks if Houston held them would go down

Steve had speculated the Suns might wait a few years -- and they might -- but I'm not sure if they will.

With the new apron rules, I think some teams might just take the strategy to bail out as a contender earlier than normal due to the restrictions and penalties. With the value of cap space under these new rules (and taking players from others) this might be amongst the best time for a quick 2/3 year rebuild.

Over/Under on Bronny James draft selection is 54.5.
Lakers pick at 55.

I'm going with the Over / Undrafted option. James and by default his agent still has quite a bit of power... I don't think a team will want to mess with it. It would be entertaining if it did, I just don't see it happening.
I hope for entertainment purposes some random team takes Bronny.

I've heard about 10 different players being pegged as the most likely to succeed in this draft. It's all over the place, to the point where almost nothing is that bold in terms of prediction.

I'll go with Reed Sheppard - just outside all-star level for some years is my prediction, and maybe sneaking into 1 or 2. So many of these guys can't shoot yet or don't project as shooters.
I have Sheppard as my #1 guy but not sure he’d be my choice to be the best. I think he represents the best combo of fairly high floor and fairly high ceiling.

Might go with Devin Carter as my relatively bold call.

I haven't been following this draft closely until reading / listening to a few things this week. I'll be honest, I had never heard of Risacher until this week.

Had certainly heard of Sarr, but this Risacher guy seems to be a late riser.

I have Sheppard as my #1 guy but not sure he’d be my choice to be the best. I think he represents the best combo of fairly high floor and fairly high ceiling.

Might go with Devin Carter as my relatively bold call.

That's fair - Sheppard seems as the highest possibility to be a very solid player in the league, although that is not a sure thing for anybody. But perhaps a lower ceiling of someone that is hard to identify right now.

Lots of French guys -- I have to think San Antonio takes at least one of them at #4/#8 to put in a group with Victor -- or maybe not, that is not how they tend to operate.

I haven't been following this draft closely until reading / listening to a few things this week. I'll be honest, I had never heard of Risacher until this week.

Had certainly heard of Sarr, but this Risacher guy seems to be a late riser.
Not really a late riser, just kind of a boring prospect. All he’s really done so far in his career is play solid team defense and stand in the corner and make 3’s sometimes.

By the way… what is France doing of late with so many top picks? Wemby last year. 3 French guys projected to go in the top 10 this year.
I believe Nolan Traore is French as well, one of the favorites to potentially go #1 next year.

By the way… what is France doing of late with so many top picks? Wemby last year. 3 French guys projected to go in the top 10 this year.
Feels like chasing last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom