2023-24 NBA Season | Page 122 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

lol, sure. Either Bronny will be good enough and the Lakers will put him on the NBA team or he'll be bad and nobody will go watch him play in the G-League, just like we saw in college this year. As Woj said, nepotism is rampant in the NBA; I'm not even mad about it. But there's no non-nepotism arguments in favor of drafting Bronny.

All Bronny jokes aside, I didn’t catch the 2nd Round live. Don’t know many of the guys drafted.

Who had the best second round?

He's awful these days.

Been on that road for a while now.

Ya. I guess good for him for getting the bag, but he’s awful on tv and is basically a PR hit guy.

Again, I guess congrats to him for making a big time career out of it, but he’s just one more disappointing cog in the espn nba coverage.

Meh, It's a 55th pick - it very likely doesn't matter. Just get a similar value guy as an UDFA.
If the picks does the following its at worst neutral value wise.
a) brings team some attention
b) adds a few people to the seats at G-League team for a bit extra revenue
c) keeps your star happy

Heck the 55th pick 4 years ago was actually named Scrubb.**

I suspect they will play on the floor together for a few minutes in the first regular season game of the year in LA, and then Bronny will spend much of the year in the G-League where he will develop as well as he would have had in the NCAA.

** #55 picks between 2010-2020, and career minutes
Jay Scrubb (230 minutes)
Kyle Guy (430 minutes)
Arnoldas Kulboka (2 minutes)
Nigel Williams Goss (55 minutes)
Marcus Paige (28 minutes)
Cady Lalanne (NIL)
Semaj Christon (973 minutes)
Jeffrey Lauvergne (2800 minutes)
Darius Johnson Odom (21 minutes)
E'Twaun Moore (13000 minutes)
Jeremy Evans (2600 minutes)

I don't know the whole story but did Flip's brother really go on Twitter accusing the girlfriend of brainwashing him to be a Mormon. I mean it's not a cult.

Disregarding the cult point, she still has a weird hold over him apparently... its strange for a college graduate to hook up with somebody in high school like she did with Flip. It doesn't sound right.

Meh, It's a 55th pick - it very likely doesn't matter. Just get a similar value guy as an UDFA.
If the picks does the following its at worst neutral value wise.
a) brings team some attention
b) adds a few people to the seats at G-League team for a bit extra revenue
c) keeps your star happy

They play in a 750 seat "Arena" in El Segundo. No one is going to El Segundo to watch Bronny.

They play in a 750 seat "Arena" in El Segundo. No one is going to El Segundo to watch Bronny.

I'm sure they can draw an extra 100 people over all the games... With concessions that might be about $3000..I said only a bit extra revenue!

Anyway, its a 55 pick - that's largely my point. Basically any positive, be it nepotism, or whatever, makes it an acceptable pick.

I'm sure they can draw an extra 100 people over all the games... I said on;y a bit extra revenue!

Anyway, its a 55 pick - that's largely my point. Basically any positive, be it nepotism, or whatever, makes it an acceptable pick.
yeah just stick to C. They wanted Lebron happy, fine.

I don't know the whole story but did Flip's brother really go on Twitter accusing the girlfriend of brainwashing him to be a Mormon. I mean it's not a cult.
Yes, Flip’s older brother along with his mother have been sharing the details. It is a really weird situation. Apparently, Flip’s girlfriend who is 26 was also his childhood babysitter. She dated him while he was in high school and went to prom, etc. The family is saying that Flip has cut ties with his family because of her. I wasn’t paying attention to Flip in the green room but some said that his family wasn’t with him.

I'm sure they can draw an extra 100 people over all the games... With concessions that might be about $3000..I said only a bit extra revenue!

They make 3000 in concessions in one night from one guy in the Hyde Lounge at Crypto.. Lets stop being silly. Klutch is running the Lakers. There's no extra revenue.

Jazz sign Armando Bacot to an Exhibit 10 contract. Which reminds me, is Quinton Post better than Bacot, Jesse Edwards and CJ Hall that he would get drafted and the others wouldn't.

Jazz sign Armando Bacot to an Exhibit 10 contract. Which reminds me, is Quinton Post better than Bacot, Jesse Edwards and CJ Hall that he would get drafted and the others wouldn't.

He shot 50-116 from 3 this year (43%).
None of the other guys shoot the 3.
Even if the other guys do other things better, the ability to shoot the 3 in the NBA trumps all.

NBA teams want to be able to space the floor with their bench players. If they can't do that they better be great defenders.

EDIT - I stand corrected PJ Hall does shoot the 3, but much less effectively ilast year anyway, I was confusing him with the big guy from NC St.

Not all South Bay games are in El Segundo. The team also has away games.

Regardless, LeBron haters now have two LBJs to trash, c’est la vie. And, soon come, another James.

He shot 50-116 from 3 this year (43%).
None of the other guys shoot the 3.
Even if the other guys do other things better, the ability to shoot the 3 in the NBA trumps all.

NBA teams want to be able to space the floor with their bench players. If they can't do that they better be great defenders.

EDIT - I stand corrected PJ Hall does shoot the 3, but much less effectively ilast year anyway, I was confusing him with the big guy from NC St.
I didn't realize his stats from 3 were that good. In two games vs Cuse this year, he scored a total of nine points and 0 for 3 from three. Must have feasted on everyone but Maliq.

I didn't realize his stats from 3 were that good. In two games vs Cuse this year, he scored a total of nine points and 0 for 3 from three. Must have feasted on everyone but Maliq.

I didn't know either to be honest., But when you posted the question my first thought that came to mind as the likely reason, was its the NBA, he can probably shoot the 3.

I didn't know either to be honest., But when you posted the question my first thought that came to mind as the likely reason, was its the NBA, he can probably shoot the 3.
PJ Hall made 52 threes on the year with a .315 percentage. And vs Cuse, in two games he scored a total of 40 points and 2 for 8 from three. Hall will get a good look from someone.

I would take Hall over Post. I know he didn’t shoot it well this year, but I think that was a bit flukey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom