2023-24 NBA Season | Page 123 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

PJ Hall made 52 threes on the year with a .315 percentage. And vs Cuse, in two games he scored a total of 40 points and 2 for 8 from three. Hall will get a good look from someone.

I'm sure Hall will get a summer league invite and probably a pre-season tryout.

And the other two will find their way to summer league as well ... (in fact just posted on the main board that Edwards got a 2-way deal)

Jesse Edwards signs an Exhibit 10 with the T'wolves. Quincy Guerrier signs Exhibit 10 with Toroto. Good luck to both.

I saw a post on the main board that said Jesse Edwards signed a 2-way deal although the tweeter could have been mistaken. Wonder if its a 2-way or Exhibit 10, because they are quite different. The 2-way guarantees him about $560,000 whether he plays in the NBA or G-League. The Exhibit 10 I think is largely a tryout, that I think pays you a bit (but typically less than $50,000 IIRC)

I saw a post on the main board that said Jesse Edwards signed a 2-way deal although the tweeter could have been mistaken. Wonder if its a 2-way or Exhibit 10, because they are quite different. The 2-way guarantees him about $560,000 whether he plays in the NBA or G-League. The Exhibit 10 I think is largely a tryout, that I think pays you a bit (but typically less than $50,000 IIRC)
Yes, I double checked and it does look like a two way. Good for Jesse.

All Bronny jokes aside, I didn’t catch the 2nd Round live. Don’t know many of the guys drafted.

Who had the best second round?
I would go with:
  • Knicks: Kolek, McCullar, Hukporti. Think the first two are nice fits for them.
  • 76ers: Bona
  • Warriors: Traded their pick for Lindy Waters, then bought their pick back and got Quentin Post, who I like

Wasn’t All City LA, made McDonalds.

Barely made a blip on the radar in college, got a combine invite.

Got drafted 55 after your dads agency threatened to have you play in another country if you got drafted by another team.

Nepotism is rampant in a lot of the world, but this may be the worst ever in sports.
We have to separate on field and off field. Bronny can't compare to off field nepo babies like Jack Collinsworth.

Put it back where it belongs with me falling asleep around pick #45

Its not going to change now that the door has been opened, even if its not the preferred experience for fans. The delay between rounds works a lot better for the management teams, agents (and the interest of players). Doing the draft this way probably gets more second rounders into situations they want.

There are more contract considerations for second rounders -- now teams have some timetalk to agents and figure out who insists on a guaranteed / who is good with a 2-way. Some agents would not have discussed those prior to the draft with teams as they were angling for the first round.

Its not going to change now that the door has been opened, even if its not the preferred experience for fans. The delay between rounds works a lot better for the management teams, agents (and the interest of players). Doing the draft this way probably gets more second rounders into situations they want.

There are more contract considerations for second rounders -- now teams have some timetalk to agents and figure out who insists on a guaranteed / who is good with a 2-way. Some agents would not have discussed those prior to the draft with teams as they were angling for the first round.
Fwiw, 2nd rounders getting two ways is weak imo.

Fwiw, 2nd rounders getting two ways is weak imo.

There is several moving parts though - the length of the guarantee, the amount, whether they even want to give you anything (i.e will we make you earn it at SL or camp because of a roster spot crunch), 2-way.

A lot of second rounders, especially later ones (45-60), never even get offered guaranteed contracts. For some of those later candidates, but certainly a minority, getting a 2 way contract might be preferable instead of getting drafted by a team that makes you earn a guaranteed contract at SL or camp.

Some teams simply don't have the roster spots to given any more guaranteed contracts to 2nd rounders, and want the final spot(s) on the roster to be fought for. Its good for all parties to know the options, and this gives a little more negotiation time.

Last edited:
Tim Hardaway Jr. to Detroit…

This move positions the Mavs to offer a significant part of the $12.9M nontaxpayer midlevel exception to Derrick Jones Jr. GM Nico Harrison has called re-signing Jones “priority 1A and 1B” for the offseason.

At least the other kid was probably better off not being picked #55 and going undrafted. Although he misses the prestige moment of getting picked.

Once it gets down to #55 in the draft, where guaranteed contracts are not easily granted as the player has limited leverage (with rights held by only one team), its often the much better situation from a leverage standpont to be a targeted undrafted FA as you will likely have multiple suitors and the choice of best situation. The second round is really to the leverage benefit of teams.

So it comes down to the Lakers arguably wasting a pick, and not some player being screwed.

Last edited:
Golden St Warriors are blocking Andrew Wiggins from playing for the Canadian Olympic team this summer (first time Canada has made the Olympics since 2000). Wiggins was cleared medically.

They claim they are looking to trade him and are concerned about him getting hurt which would hurt his trade value and their team. If Steph Curry gets hurt, does that not also hurt Golden St?

Golden St Warriors are blocking Andrew Wiggins from playing for the Canadian Olympic team this summer (first time Canada has made the Olympics since 2000). Wiggins was cleared medically.

They claim they are looking to trade him and are concerned about him getting hurt which would hurt his trade value and their team. If Steph Curry gets hurt, does that not also hurt Golden St?

Almost makes you think Steph curry has more power in the warriors organization than Andrew Wiggins does!

I don’t really see the big deal. Wiggins wants to be traded. He has to be healthy for that to happen. No different than how Damian Lillard didn’t work out last offseason.

I don’t really see the big deal. Wiggins wants to be traded. He has to be healthy for that to happen. No different than how Damian Lillard didn’t work out last offseason.

Suggesting that this potential trade is only happening because Wiggins has asked to be dealt is inaccurate.

The Warriors want to trade Wiggins. Have been trying to do so for well over a year, probably pushing 2 years, typically as filler in a bigger deal.

Perhaps its mutual that they want to depart. I haven't seen a story that Wiggins has asked to leave, but its certainly very possible - there was some weirdness last year from Wiggins (valid or not). But its not like the Warriors are only looking to move him because he has requested it. So i don't really see a great comparison to Lillard's situation.

Last edited:
Almost makes you think Steph curry has more power in the warriors organization than Andrew Wiggins does!

For sure he does. And he has earned it.

It's still chicken **** in my opinion to do this in an Olympic year, especially when you are the side that has been pushing to trade him for some time now.

Meh, It's a 55th pick - it very likely doesn't matter. Just get a similar value guy as an UDFA.
If the picks does the following its at worst neutral value wise.
a) brings team some attention
b) adds a few people to the seats at G-League team for a bit extra revenue
c) keeps your star happy

Heck the 55th pick 4 years ago was actually named Scrubb.**

I suspect they will play on the floor together for a few minutes in the first regular season game of the year in LA, and then Bronny will spend much of the year in the G-League where he will develop as well as he would have had in the NCAA.

** #55 picks between 2010-2020, and career minutes
Jay Scrubb (230 minutes)
Kyle Guy (430 minutes)
Arnoldas Kulboka (2 minutes)
Nigel Williams Goss (55 minutes)
Marcus Paige (28 minutes)
Cady Lalanne (NIL)
Semaj Christon (973 minutes)
Jeffrey Lauvergne (2800 minutes)
Darius Johnson Odom (21 minutes)
E'Twaun Moore (13000 minutes)
Jeremy Evans (2600 minutes)

Why is oft-injured Kawhi Leonard, who plays an average of 58 games per 82-game season and sat out one entire season, playing in the Olympics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom