2023-24 NBA Season | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

I think I will gladly take it. Giannis played like crap and Middleton basically didn't play and we still won because Dame is good enough to hard carry the team. That's a game we lose 100% of the time if we have Jrue.
You think Maxey still goes for 31 and 8 against Holiday?

You think Maxey still goes for 31 and 8 against Holiday?
Maybe? Holiday can’t keep up with him either. Maxey put up 25-30 efficient points per game against us last year too, though Jrue might have been on Harden. I’m not really sure.

Look, Jrue is a very good player and the defense in particular will be missed. But he was literally one of the worst offensive players in the playoffs every season with the Bucks, worse than Eric Bledsoe and MCW were statistically. Milwaukee needed someone that can effectively take the ball out of Giannis’ hands more than we need the defense and Dame showed why in his debut.

It used to be a guaranteed loss if Giannis had an off game. Now even with him at his worst, we can still win.

Edit: I also think we need to see if the Bucks still can’t defend as the season goes on; they’ve drastically changed defensive play styles with Griffin as the new coach and you could tell guys just don’t really know what they’re doing yet. I don’t expect Lillard to be good defensively by any means but I do expect guys like Giannis and Brook and Crowder and Middleton to play good defense as they start to figure things out.

Last edited:
Crazy games of runs in the Chicago-Toronto game ( a very ugly game midway through the third)
I have never seen anything like it.

16-4 Toronto to start
followed by
38-7 run for Chicago (42-23 Chicago)
followed by
33-3 run for Toronto (56-45 Toronto)

Crazy games of runs in the Chicago-Toronto game ( a very ugly game midway through the third)
I have never seen anything like it.

16-4 Toronto to start
followed by
38-7 run for Chicago (42-23 Chicago)
followed by
33-3 run for Toronto (56-45 Toronto)

And now the Bulls follow this with a 11-3 run as I typed the above.

It’s nowhere remotely close to the worst roster ever assembled. I doubt they’re even the worst in the league this season.
Maybe not the worst, but I could see why it would be incredibly uninspiring. We’ve seen who Poole and Kuzma are on actual good teams. They are role players, not real stars.

I wouldn’t be excited at all if that’s who my team was centered around.

Maybe not the worst, but I could see why it would be incredibly uninspiring. We’ve seen who Poole and Kuzma are on actual good teams. They are role players, not real stars.

I wouldn’t be excited at all if that’s who my team was centered around.
I’m actually low key excited to see them in person (though a part of that is definitely the fact that tickets will be relatively cheap). I’m a believer in the Tyus Jones/Poole backcourt. They definitely need to find a #1 guy (and I unfortunately don’t see that kind of potential in Coulibaly personally) but I think there’s a chance Poole is basically the same caliber of player that Beal was the last couple years.

Devin Booker and Darius Garland play one game each and get hurt. These guys are fragile!

They’re on my fantasy team, that’s the only reason I know or care.

Devin Booker and Darius Garland play one game each and get hurt. These guys are fragile!

They’re on my fantasy team, that’s the only reason I know or care.
Yup. I needed Donovan Mitchell to have an average game tonight after a great 61 fantasy points yesterday. Instead, he is sitting out after a tweaked ankle or something. It sucks.

Reminder that Michael Jordan played 37 minutes a game for all 82 games, at age 39.

He did also miss a season and half in his 30's and then 3 years from 35-37.

That is such a crazy stat though. I also didn't remember him coming off the bench for 15 games that season. One other thing I would say is I think the game now is a lot harder on bodies than it was then. There are a lot more possessions and you're responsible for covering a lot more of the court.

That said guys getting rested in the first week of the season. Eh I dunno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom