2023-24 NBA Season | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

I’m sure LeBron would’ve preferred to have gotten fugged by Savannah, not Tony Brown and “some guy eating a ham sandwich” in Secaucus, on his 39th birthday.

Last edited:
I’m sure LeBron would’ve preferred to have gotten fugged by Savannah, not Tony Brown and “some guy eating a ham sandwich” in Secaucus, on his 39th birthday.

That is insanely close. Damn. I think he’s touching the line but it’s hard to tell with the white part of his shoe kinda blending in with the court. Feels like sticking with the original call is absolutely the correct thing to do there.

That is insanely close. Damn. I think he’s touching the line but it’s hard to tell with the white part of his shoe kinda blending in with the court. Feels like sticking with the original call is absolutely the correct thing to do there.
Super close, but a brother should get a little extra love on his 39th birthday. Great, clutch shot, woulda/coulda/shoulda tied the game after Lakers were down 7 with 35 seconds left.

I love Ant, btw. Stud on the court, best smile in The Association.

If it was OG for RJ more or less straight up, I’d be ok with it. I understand moving on from IQ because he’s gonna want a starter role with starter money next year, but I just think the return for both is totally underwhelming. And I think we’re kidding ourselves if we think the Knicks are gonna sign any tier 1 free agents next year. It’ll be the same story as always - dreams of free agency grandeur that turn into overpaying second tier guys and signing journeymen to 2 year contracts with a team option for the second year. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

They wont be acquiring someone (a star) through free agency. It will be a trade and they have plenty of assets to get it done.

As the team stands right now, they did send out some shot creation, some of that good (IQ) and some of that less so (guess who??) I would imagine they add some scoring to the team. Donovan Mitchell makes a lot more sense to me, for instance, with OG on the wing and Mitch behind him.

RJ's ongoing AWOL stretches made the trade necessary. Glad he landed back home. RJ was a Good Soldier for the Knicks, with good character.
Agree w/comment above regarding the regret could be letting IQ go, but being behind Brunson made that inevitable.
IMO this trade score is "incomplete" until we see what it set up, ie: Trade #2, then some time to see how all the traded players perform.

They wont be acquiring someone (a star) through free agency. It will be a trade and they have plenty of assets to get it done.

As the team stands right now, they did send out some shot creation, some of that good (IQ) and some of that less so (guess who??) I would imagine they add some scoring to the team. Donovan Mitchell makes a lot more sense to me, for instance, with OG on the wing and Mitch behind him.

Honest question: what “attractive” assets do they have to acquire a star in a trade? Fournier on a team option contract, Randle and some second half of the first round picks? Those conditional first round picks they hold don’t seem all that valuable to me. Does anyone covet Grimes? They already moved three of their most valuable player assets and got a 15 ppg scorer and some garbage in return.

Honest question: what “attractive” assets do they have to acquire a star in a trade? Fournier on a team option contract, Randle and some second half of the first round picks? Those conditional first round picks they hold don’t seem all that valuable to me. Does anyone covet Grimes? They already moved three of their most valuable player assets and got a 15 ppg scorer and some garbage in return.

Its Grimes/DDV and a whole lot of picks.

Mitchell got moved mostly for draft picks. Gobert did. Harden (to the nets, need to clarify) was mostly for picks. Dejounte Murray is the next level (or two) down but he was gotten mostly for picks.

So yes I think a package that has multiple unprotected Knicks picks years out will have a lot of value.
I also disagree that Obi was a valuable trade piece at all. Indy saw him for 2 months and decided he was a bench player.

I think this is a pretty good trade for the Knicks. OG gives them a lot of what they need and RJ is pretty awful. I will miss IQ but I'm not sure what the future was with him and Brunson on the team.
I agree. RJ is not a loss and IQ had no future in NY.

Its Grimes/DDV and a whole lot of picks.

Mitchell got moved mostly for draft picks. Gobert did. Harden (to the nets, need to clarify) was mostly for picks. Dejounte Murray is the next level (or two) down but he was gotten mostly for picks.

So yes I think a package that has multiple unprotected Knicks picks years out will have a lot of value.
I also disagree that Obi was a valuable trade piece at all. Indy saw him for 2 months and decided he was a bench player.

I don’t trust the Knicks front office to do anything right, and haven’t for 20+ years. There’s zero accountability when stuff goes sideways. Leon Rose doesn’t speak to the media ever. We haven’t had a first round draft pick pan out in DECADES. It’s a constant revolving door of mediocrity and these recent moves don’t do anything for me but confirm that that’s still the norm.

It takes a lot of chutzpah for Lakers fans to complain about officiating.
15uv56.jpg

I don’t trust the Knicks front office to do anything right, and haven’t for 20+ years. There’s zero accountability when stuff goes sideways. Leon Rose doesn’t speak to the media ever. We haven’t had a first round draft pick pan out in DECADES. It’s a constant revolving door of mediocrity and these recent moves don’t do anything for me but confirm that that’s still the norm.
Check the roster of the CAA agency for the Knicks' next acquisition.

It's insane to me that a day goes by without mentioning the time a 22 year old LeBron James scored the last 25 points to beat the championship Pistons in a crucial Game 5

I can't deny that. But then if you cant trust the Knicks FO to do anything right, then if they kept RJ/IQ that would also be dumb, because the Knicks FO does dumb things, so if they did it, its dumb.

The Knicks were a lot worse than mediocre for quite a lot of the last 20 years.

I can't deny that. But then if you cant trust the Knicks FO to do anything right, then if they kept RJ/IQ that would also be dumb, because the Knicks FO does dumb things, so if they did it, its dumb.

The Knicks were a lot worse than mediocre for quite a lot of the last 20 years.

You’re right about that. I won’t trust the Knicks front office to not be terrible until Dolan sells the team and he’s not the one making the hires.

The Knicks are and always will be a joke of a franchise. Might be one of the worst trades in Knicks history, and that’s saying a lot with all of the awful ones there have been. Unreal.
This trade is going to end up being a net negative for the Knicks. Yes OG is a little better than Barrett mostly on defense ability. But Knicks will miss Quickley hugely. Once Quick gets starter minutes I would not be surprised if he's an all star next season.

Nice W for the Knicks and OG today against "the Best in the West"-
Just one game, but saw reason for optimism regarding the upgrade by adding OG.

This trade is going to end up being a net negative for the Knicks. Yes OG is a little better than Barrett mostly on defense ability. But Knicks will miss Quickley hugely. Once Quick gets starter minutes I would not be surprised if he's an all star next season.

I would be pretty surprised if he's an all star. I think he's good but not that level. Have I been wrong before? Many many times.

One game in and I don't have any complaints.

I'm not sure IQ will be an all-star at any point, and I understand why they felt they had to move on from him, but I'll just keep harping on the fact that I don't think the return value was worth dumping him 6 weeks before the trade deadline. At the very least, he's a quality, starting-caliber guard with proven success. Our front office and coach were so enamored with OG that they overpaid to get him instead of holding out and seeing what other offers could materialize.

Btw, I know it's not huge money, but what's the point in giving Deuce McBride a 3 year extension? Who were we bidding against? Ourselves? And then, predictably, he's now the primary backup PG and Thibs plays him a whole 7 minutes in game 1 post-extension.

I'm not sure IQ will be an all-star at any point, and I understand why they felt they had to move on from him, but I'll just keep harping on the fact that I don't think the return value was worth dumping him 6 weeks before the trade deadline. At the very least, he's a quality, starting-caliber guard with proven success. Our front office and coach were so enamored with OG that they overpaid to get him instead of holding out and seeing what other offers could materialize.

Btw, I know it's not huge money, but what's the point in giving Deuce McBride a 3 year extension? Who were we bidding against? Ourselves? And then, predictably, he's now the primary backup PG and Thibs plays him a whole 7 minutes in game 1 post-extension.
Well, also... Thibs and how he manages rotations and minutes is all a problem.

Well, also... Thibs and how he manages rotations and minutes is all a problem.

Always. It's why he's a good coach to turn an awful team into a good team, but turning a good team into a great team is out of his coaching ability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom