2023-24 NBA Season | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Always. It's why he's a good coach to turn an awful team into a good team, but turning a good team into a great team is out of his coaching ability.
Yup, definitely a shelf life kind of coach.

He'll make you better short term. Long term is iffy.

The point of signing McBride now is to give them more tradeable salary, especially in the summer.

Yup, definitely a shelf life kind of coach.

He'll make you better short term. Long term is iffy.

I definitely agree with the general sentiment, but the crazy thing about Thibs is that only 6 coaches have been in their job longer than he has. For an NBA coach, 4 seasons is pretty long term

I definitely agree with the general sentiment, but the crazy thing about Thibs is that only 6 coaches have been in their job longer than he has. For an NBA coach, 4 seasons is pretty long term
yeah and how many great NBA coaches are there anymore? Players run the league and very few coaches make a difference whatsoever. Most of the younger coaches, are players guys and probably eat crow everyday they are on the job.

Edwards is a superstar. Does Jalen Green even think Jalen Green is a superstar?
Yeah I mean those two names are in a different stratosphere really and I don't see where the Wolves would ever trade Edwards unless he flat out demanded a trade which doesn't seem to be in the cards either. The trade package for Edwards would have to be something mind blowing as well. The Wolves gave up what for Rudy G? What do you think they would expect for a player worth a lot more than Rudy? Just don't see it.

I might give you a couple of ham sandwiches for Green at this point

Last edited:
Come on
Sick. i roll my 75-year-old eyes when people say the league was so much tougher when Michael Jordan was playing. He didn’t have to deal with the best players on Earth, like this 20-year-old (as of yesterday) Frenchman, nor this 28-year-old two-time MVP from Serbia.

Sheeeeeeeeit.

I hope Alperen Sengun is an all star this year. It's tough with only 12 on each team because you can easily find 24 deserving players imo (I wish they expanded to 15- an actual NBA roster). He's deserving, on a Rockets team that is much better.

My all star teams as of 1/5/23.

East:
Haliburton (s)
Mitchell (s)
Embiid (s)
Tatum (s)
Giannis (s)
Brunson
Maxey
Brown
Lillard
Randle
Adebayo
Banchero

(Snubs- Porzingis, Young, Butler, Siakam, Derozan)

West:
Doncic (s)
SGA (s)
Davis (s)
Jokic (s)
Durant (s)
Curry
Fox
Sabonis
Edwards
Leonard
James
Sengun

(Snubs- Holmgren, Booker, Zion, George, Towns)

So many top players in the league right now. Typically the teams favor the top teams and the Lakers are currently under .500 but no chance Davis and James don't make it.

My all star teams as of 1/5/23.

East:
Haliburton (s)
Mitchell (s)
Embiid (s)
Tatum (s)
Giannis (s)
Brunson
Maxey
Brown
Lillard
Randle
Adebayo
Banchero

(Snubs- Porzingis, Young, Butler, Siakam, Derozan)

West:
Doncic (s)
SGA (s)
Davis (s)
Jokic (s)
Durant (s)
Curry
Fox
Sabonis
Edwards
Leonard
James
Sengun

(Snubs- Holmgren, Booker, Zion, George, Towns)

So many top players in the league right now. Typically the teams favor the top teams and the Lakers are currently under .500 but no chance Davis and James don't make it.
Porzingis really needs to be on the all star team. He's made Boston so much better. Jaylen Brown has been Boston's 4th best player this year. I think Derrick White has an argument to make the All Star team too. Paolo and Julius Randle are a no for me.

And Booker over Anthony Edwards is one I'd have too.

Porzingis really needs to be on the all star team. He's made Boston so much better. Jaylen Brown has been Boston's 4th best player this year. I think Derrick White has an argument to make the All Star team too. Paolo and Julius Randle are a no for me.

And Booker over Anthony Edwards is one I'd have too.
This is where the standings matter though. Minnesota absolutely deserves an all star because they are the 1 seed. Think about the warriors and hawks when they were both at the top.

This is where the standings matter though. Minnesota absolutely deserves an all star because they are the 1 seed. Think about the warriors and hawks when they were both at the top.
Fair enough. Personally I think the regular season means less than ever and I'm not sold on Minnesota at all. They remind me of the Grizzlies of the past few seasons. I think if Minnesota has an All Star I would lean toward Gobert. Their bread is buttered mostly on defense and he's the anchor there. He's probably the DPOY so far.

Fair enough. Personally I think the regular season means less than ever and I'm not sold on Minnesota at all. They remind me of the Grizzlies of the past few seasons. I think if Minnesota has an All Star I would lean toward Gobert. Their bread is buttered mostly on defense and he's the anchor there.
All fair. Let me put it this way though... Edwards is 100% locked in as an all star, haha.

I hope Alperen Sengun is an all star this year. It's tough with only 12 on each team because you can easily find 24 deserving players imo (I wish they expanded to 15- an actual NBA roster). He's deserving, on a Rockets team that is much better.
Amazing that with the three top 5 picks the rockets have had the last 3 years, their biggest draft hits are going to end up Sengun (drafted at 16 by OKC and promptly traded to Houston) and Whitmore (20th). He hasn’t been playing much until recently but Whitmore is coming on strong now. An insane athlete built like a brick you know what house. The Thompson Twin hasn’t played enough to really make a judgement but seems to have the floor of a dependable ball handler / defender. Jabari is scratching the surface. Just not a confident enough shooter for some reason , he’s become an excellent defender / rebounder . Jalen green I fear is a chucker with no clue on how to play . I hate the G league

A lot of negative post-OG trade narrative blown up by the Knicks vs 76ers tonight.
Grimes did the IQ in Q4!

I would be pretty surprised if he's an all star. I think he's good but not that level. Have I been wrong before? Many many times.

One game in and I don't have any complaints.

Three games in. Still zero complaints.

The guy rising over the rim is the same age as Jack Benny.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom