2023-24 NBA Season | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Everybody gets excited when they first get Christian Wood because they have all seen the flashes in various games playing him, and the big numbers at times.

Then they get to watch him 82 games a year, and are ready to move on.

At that cost, its certainly not a terrible signing for the Lakers by any means. But there is also a reason that Wood is signing contracts that always seem great $ value and then is moved.
I’m aware, but for that price I think it’s worth the risk.

He probably gets him a ton of open 3s, which he can make.

A lineup with Lebron, Wood, Reaves, and a few other shooters (Russell, Vincent?) would probably score a ton of points. And give up a ton of points as well.
Davis will clean up everything! lol.

No signing is exaggerated in importance quite like a signing the Lakers make. FFS you would think Cam Reddish is the second coming of Scottie Pippen the way their fans blew that up on twitter.

No signing is exaggerated in importance quite like a signing the Lakers make. FFS you would think Cam Reddish is the second coming of Scottie Pippen the way their fans blew that up on twitter.

Cam has been a subpar NBA player after being a subpar college player.

Still very young though. Development has probably really been slowed by injuries. Would imagine that he needs to make the leap into a reliable player in the next year or two, or he might not stick much longer?

We’ll see what happens, but that’s a “if he pops, great. If not, no biggie” type guy in my opinion. Seems like the NBA has emphasized those 3 and D wings so much, that there’s a ton of them that can be acquired?

Cam has been a subpar NBA player after being a subpar college player.

Still very young though. Development has probably really been slowed by injuries. Would imagine that he needs to make the leap into a reliable player in the next year or two, or he might not stick much longer?

We’ll see what happens, but that’s a “if he pops, great. If not, no biggie” type guy in my opinion. Seems like the NBA has emphasized those 3 and D wings so much, that there’s a ton of them that can be acquired?
He'd be a great 3 and D guide if he could make 3's or play D. Too bad for his sake he can't do either.

He'd be a great 3 and D guide if he could make 3's or play D. Too bad for his sake he can't do either.
Is his defense that bad? Thought he was advertised as a potential stud on that end.

He’s never shot the ball well, so….yeah.

he's pretty widely known as probably the worst locker room guy in the NBA. That is why nobody wants him
And now he’ll be sharing a locker room with D’Angelo Russell. What could go wrong?

Is his defense that bad? Thought he was advertised as a potential stud on that end.

He’s never shot the ball well, so….yeah.
Not terrible, but below average and his offense is so bad that it doesn’t matter. Scouts are still in love with the athleticism though despite evidence he has zero
idea how to play basketball.

Oh man we're doing Cam Reddish and Christian Wood on the same day??
Wood can come to LA and play himself into a bigger payday like Lonnie Walker, Malik Monk, Rui, and Dennis Schroder(the second time) did. Or he can suck and get cut.

Worth a shot!

Wood can come to LA and play himself into a bigger payday like Lonnie Walker, Malik Monk, Rui, and Dennis Schroder(the second time) did. Or he can suck and get cut.

Worth a shot!
Walker didn’t get a bigger payday and Monk didn’t want to return to the Lakers.

Worth a shot!

I'm mostly having fun. I dont think he's all that good, but it's cheap and there are some things he can do. I would wager he plays very few playoff minutes but whatever, it's a long season.

I'm mostly having fun. I dont think he's all that good, but it's cheap and there are some things he can do. I would wager he plays very few playoff minutes but whatever, it's a long season.
I mean, I know he’s considered a terrible defender and a chucker who doesn’t pass and a bad locker room guy. If he continues with all that, he probably won’t last long.

Maybe he gets it together and plays harder on defense, more unselfishly on offense and matures into a pro. It’s happened before.

Walker didn’t get a bigger payday and Monk didn’t want to return to the Lakers.
Don’t know why I thought Walker got a decent contract.

Monk wanted money and a role the Lakers couldn’t give him, but he played well enough in LA to salvage his career. He was a trainwreck on and off the court in Charlotte. Sometimes those “prove it” situations work out.

Don’t know why I thought Walker got a decent contract.

Monk wanted money and a role the Lakers couldn’t give him, but he played well enough in LA to salvage his career. He was a trainwreck on and off the court in Charlotte. Sometimes those “prove it” situations work out.
The Lakers wanted him to come back. This is how they wound up with Walker in the first place.

The Lakers wanted him to come back. This is how they wound up with Walker in the first place.
Of course, he played well. But the Lakers didn’t have the cap room to give him much. He got more in Sac, than he could’ve gotten in LA.

Of course, he played well. But the Lakers didn’t have the cap room to give him much. He got more in Sac, than he could’ve gotten in LA.
Meh, it wasn’t that much more. Back in my day, players would take less money just to be a part of the Lakers organization.

The US got cooked by some guy named Andreas Obst and Daniel Theis while Brandon Ingram can't even get off the bench lol.

Can we just run out the old timers for 2024? Bron, Steph and KD? Please? Just one last hurrah?

The US got cooked by some guy named Andreas Obst and Daniel Theis while Brandon Ingram can't even get off the bench lol.

He was out today, fwiw.

Not that it makes it that much better. They got roasted defensively.

Can we just run out the old timers for 2024? Bron, Steph and KD? Please? Just one last hurrah?

It is pretty weird how we're kind of missing a generation of US stars. You have the older generation you mentioned, and there are some promising young players, but if you look at the best current players in the league, there aren't a ton of americans. The top 5 in MVP voting was Embiid, Jokic, Giannis, Tatum, SGA. And I didnt even mention Luka, he was 8th. Damontas Sabonis was 7th. 6 of the top 8 (yes I'm cherrypicking to stop at 8) are foreign. Devin Booker probably deserves to be in this convo as well, to be fair.

That said, Embiid is eligible to play for team USA. So we should probably make that happen next summer

USA basketball turning into English football.

Mind you the allure of playing for Team USA in FIBA just isn't there anymore it seems. Olympics still have some clout at least but not as much

He was out today, fwiw.

Not that it makes it that much better. They got roasted defensively.

It is pretty weird how we're kind of missing a generation of US stars. You have the older generation you mentioned, and there are some promising young players, but if you look at the best current players in the league, there aren't a ton of americans. The top 5 in MVP voting was Embiid, Jokic, Giannis, Tatum, SGA. And I didnt even mention Luka, he was 8th. Damontas Sabonis was 7th. 6 of the top 8 (yes I'm cherrypicking to stop at 8) are foreign. Devin Booker probably deserves to be in this convo as well, to be fair.

That said, Embiid is eligible to play for team USA. So we should probably make that happen next summer
AAU culture killing American youth basketball is coming home to roost.

Would Ronaldo ever skip the Euros? Messi the Copa America? This nation is soft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom