2023-24 NBA Season | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

The life of the Knicks fan is moving from one potential star you might get to another one without ever actually getting any of them.

Hey we got Antonio McDyess, Glen Rice, Steve Francis, Penny Hardaway, Tracy McGrady and Derrick Rose, who definitely were not completely over the hill and shells of their former selves. And who can forget that huge (literally) free agent signing of Jerome James???

The life of the Knicks fan is moving from one potential star you might get to another one without ever actually getting any of them.
Still think you should have made the Mitchell trade.

Still think you should have made the Mitchell trade.

I was somewhat against it at the time and now after seeing how good Brunson is I feel more confident in that take.
Hey we got Antonio McDyess, Glen Rice, Steve Francis, Penny Hardaway, Tracy McGrady and Derrick Rose, who definitely were not completely over the hill and shells of their former selves. And who can forget that huge (literally) free agent signing of Jerome James???

Whenever I think of Jerome James (which is simultaneously almost never and also way too much) I think of this

Once asked if he was worried about former coach Nate McMillan’s accusation that he is a selfish basketball player, James responded “I don’t know what he’s talking about. I just worry about Jerome.”

I was somewhat against it at the time and now after seeing how good Brunson is I feel more confident in that take.
Brunson's good but the Knicks still pine for a big star.

Eddy Curry!

Brunson's good but the Knicks still pine for a big star.

Agree Mitchell is better than Brunson but with those 2 they'd have a brutal defensive back court and still need a big star if the goal is to win a title.

Also they're probably gonna have another shot at Mitchell in the next year or so at a lower cost.

so I saw some of the Wemby highlights from tonight. I think I want to revise up my statistical projection I had for him this season.

Just throwing this out there, in this century only one player has made the AS season the year after he was drafted

so I saw some of the Wemby highlights from tonight. I think I want to revise up my statistical projection I had for him this season.

Just throwing this out there, in this century only one player has made the AS season the year after he was drafted
From stats I saw, Holmgren held his own. Does he count as a rookie this year?

From stats I saw, Holmgren held his own. Does he count as a rookie this year?

He does, which is why I phrased my statement the way i did. Yao was the guy I was talking about, but Blake Griffin also made the AS in his rookie season, but he sat out the first year

He does, which is why I phrased my statement the way i did. Yao was the guy I was talking about, but Blake Griffin also made the AS in his rookie season, but he sat out the first year
I figured that was the releasing for your precise phrasing. I was just wondering if they will be going head-to-head for ROY.

Shams article (also a lot on Woj): https://nymag.com/intelligencer/art...ider-the-athletic-new-york-times-profile.html

One section of interest:

But many agents and executives said there were less obvious and more private reasons to work with Charania or Wojnarowski. They can give you as much as you give them. “Woj made me a better agent,” Warren LeGarie, a longtime agent who represents coaches, told me. “If I was trying to get in on something, he would tell me, ‘You’re wasting your time, that deal is done.’” Another agent told me that if he needed to know, say, how many open roster spots a team had to see if he could land a job for one of his players, he could text Charania, who would find out and get back to him. Teams can also use insiders as middlemen: If one GM wants to trade a player while maintaining deniability about their desire to do so, they might let one of the reporters leak it quietly around the league. “They become like Henry Kissinger — Nixon can’t get on the phone with Brezhnev, but Shams or Woj can,” the longtime front-office executive said. “They can be used to facilitate a conversation that is beyond salvation. It’s like having a marriage counselor.”

Every reporter navigates a gray area with sources, but the relationships Charania and Wojnarowski have appear especially cozy. “The thing that changed is they became double agents,” John Skipper, the former ESPN president, told me. “They call people and say, ‘Tell me what you’re up to,’ and the quid pro quo is, ‘I’ll tell you a little something I’ve heard.’ You’re suddenly on the road to being part of causation if somebody acts upon something you share.” The longtime front-office executive told me that information from insider reporters could even help a GM save a buck. “Woj or Shams might say, ‘Hey, don’t get levered up on Player X; he’s not gonna get an offer from his team,’” the executive said. “There are times when they have information that has prevented me from making a mistake in terms of the magnitude of a contract offer or the inclusion of a specific asset in a deal.”

Shams article (also a lot on Woj): https://nymag.com/intelligencer/art...ider-the-athletic-new-york-times-profile.html

One section of interest:

But many agents and executives said there were less obvious and more private reasons to work with Charania or Wojnarowski. They can give you as much as you give them. “Woj made me a better agent,” Warren LeGarie, a longtime agent who represents coaches, told me. “If I was trying to get in on something, he would tell me, ‘You’re wasting your time, that deal is done.’” Another agent told me that if he needed to know, say, how many open roster spots a team had to see if he could land a job for one of his players, he could text Charania, who would find out and get back to him. Teams can also use insiders as middlemen: If one GM wants to trade a player while maintaining deniability about their desire to do so, they might let one of the reporters leak it quietly around the league. “They become like Henry Kissinger — Nixon can’t get on the phone with Brezhnev, but Shams or Woj can,” the longtime front-office executive said. “They can be used to facilitate a conversation that is beyond salvation. It’s like having a marriage counselor.”

Every reporter navigates a gray area with sources, but the relationships Charania and Wojnarowski have appear especially cozy. “The thing that changed is they became double agents,” John Skipper, the former ESPN president, told me. “They call people and say, ‘Tell me what you’re up to,’ and the quid pro quo is, ‘I’ll tell you a little something I’ve heard.’ You’re suddenly on the road to being part of causation if somebody acts upon something you share.” The longtime front-office executive told me that information from insider reporters could even help a GM save a buck. “Woj or Shams might say, ‘Hey, don’t get levered up on Player X; he’s not gonna get an offer from his team,’” the executive said. “There are times when they have information that has prevented me from making a mistake in terms of the magnitude of a contract offer or the inclusion of a specific asset in a deal.”
Great article. This was also in the latest print edition. Highly recommend subscribing, you get unlimited access to Vulture, Intelligencer, Strategist and the rest of the NY magazine sections.

So, it seems like he knew about the neck issue yet still attempted to choke her out. This guy is a peach.

You’ll get them when they’re old and/or washed. See Tracy McGrady, Penny Hardaway, Steve Francis, Amare (after his initial great 3-4 months), etc.

I have no doubt Zion will play 37 games over his final 2 seasons in the league, averaging 8 and 4, for the Knicks.

So, it seems like he knew about the neck issue yet still attempted to choke her out. This guy is a peach.
Sounds like he just got traded and waived?

You’ll get them when they’re old and/or washed. See Tracy McGrady, Penny Hardaway, Steve Francis, Amare (after his initial great 3-4 months), etc.

I have no doubt Zion will play 37 games over his final 2 seasons in the league, averaging 8 and 4, for the Knicks.

The thing is, 37 games over 2 seasons isn't that far off from his current pace!

Sounds like he just got traded and waived?

The thunder were going to have to cut guys to get down to the roster limit, so they basically paid the difference in salary ($5 million ish?) for 2 second round picks. It feels kinda icky to me that they basically took advantage of the fact this guy was such a cancer because of what he did to wring a couple of second rounders out of it.

I like Brunson over Mitchell - my problem is I'm starting to think Brunson is confusing being an Alpha with the Knicks with being an Alpha in the league. We still need a 1A Elite guy.

This is a pretty interesting redraft. nbarecappod on TikTok

Jazz really screwed up. They had Rudy Gobert about to get extended, could have had McDaniels or Bane, but, nah, gotsta get a 3rd string 5 with a game built for the 80s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom