2023-24 NBA Season | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Overwhelming? A Clippers fan, a Raptors diehard & the usual Lakers/LeBron haters. I guess that settles that.

AD, who’s having a great season although you’d never known it on here, was 13 of 17 from the field. Raptors would’ve won if they held him to 12 or 11.

Or played D on these.

Name another NBA team this happens with consistently.

The Lakers average the least amount of fouls in the NBA by a pretty significant margin. The Raptors average the 4th least. It wasn’t like Toronto shot a significantly greater amount of jump shots either. Both teams shot the same number of 3’s.
The style of play argument is 100% BS.

What you just pointed out happens all the time. A team that normally shoots a lot of free throws sees a drastic reduction when facing the Lakers. Or a stingy defense gets called for more fouls than normal.

I hope more coaches and players call this out.

A team that normally shoots a lot of free throws sees a drastic reduction when facing the Lakers. Or a stingy defense gets called for more fouls than normal.
You may be right. If so, though, I’d prefer to see stats & facts.

Hang on…we can’t be blaming refs for impacting the outcomes of games, can we???

You’ve been provided with stats and facts, over and over again.
?????????

Meanwhile, I turn the mic over to Colin Cowherd for a more-objective and reasonable take.

?????????

Meanwhile, I turn the mic over to Colin Cowherd for a more-objective and reasonable take.

You’ve lost the argument automatically if you’re trying to say cowherd is either objective or reasonable.

Last edited:
?????????

Is this serious?

Cowherd doesn't watch the games nor know who's on teams.

His classic take recently was the 25 year old Jayson Tatum's "window is closed"

Almost zero chance he watched a second of the game.

$153M-3yrs
(82)(3)= 246 games
153,000,000/246 = $622K per game -plus endorsements.
Pro salaries are mind boggling...
It’s worth mentioning that he took less than the max. I wasn’t crazy about doing this right now until I found that out. Setting a precedent for the George and Harden extensions…

Nothing against Leonard, or any star cashing in with a huge contract.
Just fascinated by the numbers when you break them down to $ per game, or per point scored, etc.

To be paid >$600K every time I stepped on the floor to play hoops -what a sweet dream LOL.

Leonard is having his best year in a long time IMO. He’s been great.

I definitely feel like hes underrated now, which is probably just a function of the fact that he has missed so much time.

He was destroying the Suns in the playoffs last year. Just, 2 games and he had to stop playing.

Just as an FYI, the Jazz have been tinkering with their starting lineup and have now won 12 out of their last 16 games and knocking on a playoff berth with five games remaining on a home stand. The key was now starting Sexton and Dunn in the backcourt along with Collins, Fontecchio and Markkanen up front.

Last edited:
I definitely feel like hes underrated now, which is probably just a function of the fact that he has missed so much time.

He was destroying the Suns in the playoffs last year. Just, 2 games and he had to stop playing.
Interesting conversation I heard on the radio echoing your point about how underrated he is now. Main point one talking head was making is that for his age and with his injury history its worth the risk for a 30 something because he's missed so much time, he's a young 32. Not sure I buy it but sort of get what he is saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom