2023-24 Portal Options | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

You'd be amazed how poorly more and more college students write. Had someone e-mail me the other day requesting to join one of my higher level classes that has prerequisites. Absolutely zero punctuation and no capital letters.

Can't imagine getting this upset about some random dude with no credibility's twitter post
“This upset”? My post of the 5k in the past week from everyone is the one you’re singling out. Get out

You'd be amazed how poorly more and more college students write. Had someone e-mail me the other day requesting to join one of my higher level classes that has prerequisites. Absolutely zero punctuation and no capital letters.

The last job I posted, I was absolutely mortified with the resumes I received in response.

Littered with spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors...

I'm in Marketing and this was for a junior-level job that required content writing and proofreading. About 40% of the resumes I received had some level of errors and a large swath of them were riddled.

The last job I posted, I was absolutely mortified with the resumes I received in response.

Littered with spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors...

I'm in Marketing and this was for a junior-level job that required content writing and proofreading. About 40% of the resumes I received had some level of errors and a large swath of them were riddled.

And then two months after being hired.. hey boss... how about a raze?

And then two months after being hired.. hey boss... how about a raze?

I didn't fill the job.

My head was in my hands after the last interview.

Girl with a degree in social media marketing from a local college... I asked her why she decided to specialize in social media marketing and she said "Well, I'm on my phone on social media all day anyways... I figured I should get paid for it!"

I didn't fill the job.

My head was in my hands after the last interview.

Girl with a degree in social media marketing from a local college... I asked her why she decided to specialize in social media marketing and she said "Well, I'm on my phone on social media all day anyways... I figured I should get paid for it!"

It's bad out there. Between bad resumes and just scary bad interviews...

It's bad out there. Between bad resumes and just scary bad interviews...

That and the young'uns with some experience listing 6 jobs over two years where they stayed at each job for 3-4 months... just what I'm looking for... someone I can hire, spend 3 months to train, and then have them up and leave... Colossal waste of time and money for the company.

I told a number of them with those work histories "no thanks" and gave them that reality check that they needed to stay somewhere at least a year and a half and that the 3-month bounce history is a big red flag.

That and the young'uns with some experience listing 6 jobs over two years where they stayed at each job for 3-4 months... just what I'm looking for... someone I can hire, spend 3 months to train, and then have them up and leave... Colossal waste of time and money for the company.

I told a number of them with those work histories "no thanks" and gave them that reality check that they needed to stay somewhere at least a year and a half and that the 3-month bounce history is a big red flag.
I agree that it was always considered a red flag but as we’re seeing on these boards, I can hear these kids saying well, I of course keep looking for more opportunities after being hired at a job. If someone offers me some more money it must be a better job and fit for me and my future.

For what it is worth, knowing that there will be more players entering the portal but approximately 325 of the 1450 players in the portal this morning have found new homes,