2023-24 Portal Options | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

I obviously want Dickinson first and foremast.
If we don’t get Dickinson, I’d still be very happy with Cisse. He’s a very good defensive big (obviously being DPOY) and a great rebounder.

Anything after those two, I’d be upset with and would be willing to wait a few months to see who hits the portal then.
Yea, it does make you wonder what the rationale/play was walking away from the Jesse Edwards situation, even if we were reluctant to get involved with a bidding war or were put off by multiple escalating demands. If they thought there were a couple of other clear options then I get it. But if not, then do you try to find the additional funds and just overpay, so you’re not left holding the bag?

As one of the posters mentioned, he didn’t even put on the UNT guy, dude is lost
Other than the fact that no one can remember his name, UNT guy isn’t under the radar.

Feels like the definition of under the radar to me
We’ve been talking about Ousmane all week. It’s public knowledge that he’s on our list.

We’ve been talking about Ousmane all week. It’s public knowledge that he’s on our list.
Idk, A CUSA guy who doesn’t even show up on the transfer portal rankings sure seems like someone who is under the radar to the general public (whom the tweet is targeted toward)

Yeah, this isn’t going well.
Right!

Need to land a Center and more in the backcourt. Id say the Forwards too but if they thought they were adequate last off season, they will think they are more than adequate this off season.

Its hard to get excited over retaining guys who avg 2-4 pts a game when other schools are making these moves.

Right!

Need to land a Center and more in the backcourt. Id say the Forwards too but if they thought they were adequate last off season, they will think they are more than adequate this off season.

Its hard to get excited over retaining guys who avg 2-4 pts a game when other schools are making these moves.
I’d say we need a center and to retain Judah.

We only need a guard if Judah leaves.

The silver lining is Dean on his twitter spaces last night said when more of these portal transactions get finalized, Top 100 recruits will notice, assess and then want out of their National Letter of Intent and get back on the market. That could be AA's backdoor into getting quality unproven talent that might not come at a high NIL cost.

I’d say we need a center and to retain Judah.

We only need a guard if Judah leaves.
Agreed, I just dont know how AA can sit silently when waiting on pre-draft process to play out

Varsity is gross.
It's been generally on the Official Visit list along with Dinosaur BBQ and a trip to the mall. It's pizza and kids like pizza. Not like some adults who can pick and choose their favorite pizza if they choose.

The silver lining is Dean on his twitter spaces last night said when more of these portal transactions get finalized, Top 100 recruits will notice, assess and then want out of their National Letter of Intent and get back on the market. That could be AA's backdoor into getting quality unproven talent that might not come at a high NIL cost.
I could only listen to like 15 minutes of that. I've never heard so many Negative Nancy's who claim to be Cuse fans. I can understand having complaints under the old regime, but I didn't hear one person make any kind of optimistic comment, including Dean. I understand people have different opinions, but let's see how things shake out.

Lol. Cmon.

You can do the whole “it’s overrated” and then name your favorite spot that gets little publicity thing, and that’s fine.

But there’s nothing wrong with Varsity’s pizza.
I was an Acropolis guy. Varsity does everything else well except the pizza. Back to the OT. Enough derailing from me.

I was an Acropolis guy. Varsity does everything else well except the pizza. Back to the OT. Enough derailing from me.
The pizza has been a huge letdown since Ellie stopped working game days

I could only listen to like 15 minutes of that. I've never heard so many Negative Nancy's who claim to be Cuse fans. I can understand having complaints under the old regime, but I didn't hear one person make any kind of optimistic comment, including Dean. I understand people have different opinions, but let's see how things shake out.
I stumbled upon that last night and was wondering what the hell I was listening to. No actual insight just people bashing each other and even trashing someone on here who I’ve found to be a decent and informative poster. Kind of low class when the guy wasn’t even on to respond.

I also preferred Acropolis, but think Varsity is fine.

But pizza would have to be really poor done to be “gross” to me. I mean, we’re talking elem school cafeteria pizza or old gas station pizza, or Sbarros.