2023-24 Portal Options | Page 103 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Yeah...

Not sure he's an upgrade but he brings some skills in the passing and shooting that our current bigs don't. As the deadline looms I wonder if the staff will be more inclined to take a flyer on this level player. They're obviously privy to info on potential transfers and ones that have already declared and what our chances are with them.

Not sure he's an upgrade but he brings some skills in the passing and shooting that our current bigs don't. As the deadline looms I wonder if the staff will be more inclined to take a flyer on this level player. They're obviously privy to info on potential transfers and ones that have already declared and what our chances are with them.

Maybe... to me this is a kid even below Ousmane's level.

Gosh I would love to hit the Aussie/NZ scene.

Anyways, I’m not panicked. There is going to be another “window” from the portal coming up right before the portal deadline on may 11th because of the early entrant players that withdraw from the draft process. The bigs that enter the portal from that will most likely be better than the remaining available bigs right now, outside of the few big fish.

I don’t see how signing two top 40 guards is going backward. We aren’t done filling the roster at all. We will likely add 2 more guys.
As it stands right now, losing Jesse, Judah and Joe and only adding JJ and Chance is going backwards, imo. If Judah comes back and we add a quality F/C, then I would consider it a net positive. But right now we’re not in that position.

Would take this kid in a heartbeat. But, he goes to a Catholic school, 3K miles away; and his hometown is in the heart of Big12 country. Is there even a glimmer?

As it stands right now, losing Jesse, Judah and Joe and only adding JJ and Chance is going backwards, imo. If Judah comes back and we add a quality F/C, then I would consider it a net positive. But right now we’re not in that position.
So you're assuming we lose Judah and assuming we won't sign a F/C?

Staff should be operating as if Judah is gone. Anything less is dereliction of duty.

If SU fans were a character right now..

download (5).jpeg

I don’t see how signing two top 40 guards is going backward. We aren’t done filling the roster at all. We will likely add 2 more guys.
You thought JJ stunk last year, don’t see many centers left in the portal.

If Mintz comes back, we’ll be a lot better but even then we’re a mediocre shooting team with zero inside presence.

Unless I missed something, why is everyone down on Cisse? Is there something in the tea leaves or is it because he may have to sit out next season due to having transferred already?

Gosh I would love to hit the Aussie/NZ scene.

Anyways, I’m not panicked. There is going to be another “window” from the portal coming up right before the portal deadline on may 11th because of the early entrant players that withdraw from the draft process. The bigs that enter the portal from that will most likely be better than the remaining available bigs right now, outside of the few big fish.
Here are the early entry centers that have declared for the draft. How many will stay in the draft? I would think at least a couple would enter the portal just before the portal closes.

Charles BediakoAlabamaSOC
Adem BonaUCLAFRC
Zach EdeyPurdueJRC
Dereck Lively IIDukeFRC
Clifford OmoruyiRutgersJRC

Isn't it likely that these players that have been early entrants to the draft have been in touch with colleges that could be their fall back?

Here are the early entry centers that have declared for the draft. How many will stay in the draft? I would think at least a couple would enter the portal just before the portal closes.

Charles BediakoAlabamaSOC
Adem BonaUCLAFRC
Zach EdeyPurdueJRC
Dereck Lively IIDukeFRC
Clifford OmoruyiRutgersJRC
Bona in particular has been rumored to enter if he withdraws.