2023 Coaching Carousel | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Coaching Carousel

This being the guy that everyone said is totally devoted to Providence College and would never leave. Never say never in this business.
Again, I will say again. Everyone will ALWAYS pick up the phone. People would be stupid to not listen to potential offers.

1- what is available to them

2- what they are offered

3- possible raise from their current job

I never want to hear again, someone won’t pick the phone up. That’s clueless

The worst that happens is a no. But you never know what COULD happen if you never make the call

So, does Drew Fielder stay at Providence, go to Georgetown, or come to Cuse??
OrangeXtreme time to re-open the Drew Fielder recruiting thread? He would probably be a great fit for Red's system (I think) as a 4/5 who can shoot and maybe defend in space. No idea if it's plausible, but it's interesting at least given the rumor that Cooley is going to a beaten-down Georgetown program.

This would be interesting..

Cooley's daughter is currently a senior at GTown. I think Cooley will listen to any offer and try to use that to get more money/resources from Prov. Only issue is that GTown should have more financial resources than Prov.

They have Big 10 money but it’s just not an exciting basketball school and is in the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania. If I was Shrewsberry, I’d make sure any contract renegotiation allows him an out if a top job opens up.

Last edited:
Cooley's daughter is currently a senior at GTown. I think Cooley will listen to any offer and try to use that to get more money/resources from Prov. Only issue is that GTown should have more financial resources than Prov.
The problem at Providence is the lack of NIL resources/opportunities.

The problem at Providence is the lack of NIL resources/opportunities.
Was mostly speaking about salary but apparently Cooley is looking for $3M NIL budget at GTown.

The top bball booster in RI is the CVS founder and he went to URI.

Just letting you know that, if you call me, I am NOT picking up the phone.
I’ll be honest, got nothing to offer you
Michael Jordan Shrug GIF by NBA

If Pitino is going to move up, is there a better option than St. John’s ? Seems as though if he waits awhile he might have better options. Penn St perhaps?
8 posts up:

8 posts up:

Thanks. Penn St was just an example. The tweet does suggest Shrewsberry has been linked to other jobs. If he does go, who do they hire? Also, if Georgetown gets Cooley, would Providence go for Pitino? Or maybe Georgetown decides they are tired of losing, need an infusion of life into their program at any cost, and hires Pitino . And there might be some surprise moves or retirements that we don’t know about yet.
I guess I just don’t think the St. John’s job as a great opportunity, and think maybe Pitino could land a bit higher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom