2023 Coaching Carousel | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Coaching Carousel

Thanks. Penn St was just an example. The tweet does suggest Shrewsberry has been linked to other jobs. If he does go, who do they hire? Also, if Georgetown gets Cooley, would Providence go for Pitino? Or maybe Georgetown decides they are tired of losing, need an infusion of life into their program at any cost, and hires Pitino . And there might be some surprise moves or retirements that we don’t know about yet.
I guess I just don’t think the St. John’s job as a great opportunity, and think maybe Pitino could land a bit higher.
Pitino was already Providence HC from 1985-87

Pitino was already Providence HC from 1985-87
I’m old enough to remember that. I remember SU beating Pitino and Providence in final four matchup in ‘87.
Again, just offering possibilities for where he might land. It would be something to see him return to Providence. Talk about coming full circle!

If Pitino is going to move up, is there a better option than St. John’s ? Seems as though if he waits awhile he might have better options. Penn St perhaps?
Penn State is not a better option. Terrible place to recruit and fourth sport at Penn State after football, wrestling and lacrosse.

Hopefully Cooley makes our rivalry with Georgetown fun again

Lutz.jpg

If Cooley is willing to leave PC for Georgetown he must have legit had zero interest and offers over the last decade to jump to a peer school if not a better/bigger program.

Which is weird. Isn't Boston College a better job than Georgetown?

If Cooley is willing to leave PC for Georgetown he must have legit had zero interest and offers over the last decade to jump to a peer school if not a better/bigger program.

He is close with the Thompsons I am pretty sure that I read.

And BC is a much worse job.

Cooley was a serious candidate for the Michigan job when Beilein left. Juwan Howard got the job, but maybe Cooley turned them down. I’ve heard different things.

Cooley was an assistant under Al Skinner at BC I’m pretty sure. The way Al was treated by BC, I imagine Cooley wouldn’t be a fan to return.

Although Prov has made tons of investments in its bball program, they won’t be able to match the $6M salary and potential $3M in NIL offer Cooley is getting from Gtown.

Was told they already interviewed a MM coach if Cooley does leave.

I wonder if Calipari's seat is hot again. He looked physically worn down on the sidelines, and he came off as really whiny in his in-game comments. Maybe the program is just stale. I'm fairly certain a significant portion of their fan base is unhappy.

I wonder if Calipari's seat is hot again. He looked physically worn down on the sidelines, and he came off as really whiny in his in-game comments. Maybe the program is just stale. I'm fairly certain a significant portion of their fan base is unhappy.
Dan Hurley to Kentucky? He’s starting to prove himself. Can UCONN pay top dollar (North of 5m a year) to keep him around long term? All the big programs in the NE are going through rebuilding at this point. Could he be missing out not jumping to a blue blood program while his stock is high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom