2023 Maui Classic | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Maui Classic

Haha I was told at Atlantis that we were going to Maui in 2023 and the JB would still be coaching. There was no way he was missing a last trip there.

It felt cool typing “I was told.” I should get some sources beyond drinking buddies in different countries.
Things can change in a few short months.

Well, that’s pretty much seals the return of JAB next year. There is no way he and Julie are missing a trip to Hawaii.

I mean, I’m serious what I’m saying this is the clearest indication that he’s returning next year.
Actually I think the last time SU was there we won and he said he’d not be coming back.

Actually I think the last time SU was there we won and he said he’d not be coming back.
He doesn’t like coming back and having to play another game right away. JB has lamented how much it takes out of players. It will be interesting when the SEC/ACC challenge takes place. This year the SEC/Big 12 took place last weekend.

Well, that’s pretty much seals the return of JAB next year. There is no way he and Julie are missing a trip to Hawaii.

I mean, I’m serious what I’m saying this is the clearest indication that he’s returning next year.
They can afford to go as fans I'm sure.

A chance to start the season with a perfect record in Quad 1 games

When does the bracket come out?

I hope we are in line to play Chaminade the second or third game if we are coming off losses. Obviously we aren't gonna get them in the opener one of the ESPN favorites will.

I’m starting to consider trying to make this trip happen.

That being said I don’t know if I want to run the risk of Syracuse basketball stinking it up and ruining an expensive vacation.

I’m 0-2 attending SU games outside of NYS.

I’m starting to consider trying to make this trip happen.

That being said I don’t know if I want to run the risk of Syracuse basketball stinking it up and ruining an expensive vacation.

I’m 0-2 attending SU games outside of NYS.
Just enjoy Hawaii and consider SU an add on. They have no shot to win the tournament.

This field is so loaded.

Teams ranked as of today - #1, #2, #8, #9, #12, #14... then 2 other teams.
At least we should beat Chaminade.

This field is so loaded.

So much changes year-to-year now because of transfers and early departures. Those rankings can be completely different next year; or absent.

Too lazy to look it up. But if I’m not mistaken Syracuse and UNC are the only teams to go undefeated in Maui. I saw this stat several years ago. I think UNC has possibly since lost.

Edit: I went and looked it up. I mixed up Duke and UNC as the other team.

UNC - 4 titles 22-4
Duke - 5 titles 18-1 (first loss 2018)
Syracuse - 3 titles (10-0)

Syracuse is indeed the last undefeated team in Maui.

Last edited:
This field is so loaded.

It really sucks being that "player to be named later" type after being so accustomed to being one of the former. :(

So much changes year-to-year now because of transfers and early departures. Those rankings can be completely different next year; or absent.
Pitt is the best example. They scoop up all good shooters from mid-major. Then the following year they transformed from one of the worst ACC teams to the top three ACC team. It only takes one summer to assemble a good and competitive team.

A chance to start the season with a perfect record in Quad 1 games
Haha

I just hope we don’t face and lose to Chaminade. We have no shot against any of the rest of the field. Maybe Marquette.

Haha

I just hope we don’t face and lose to Chaminade. We have no shot against any of the rest of the field. Maybe Marquette.
Charminade is division 2. A win or a loss won't factor into NET ratings. Just add one win to the overall win-loss record if we are the lucky one to play Charminade.

Charminade is division 2. A win or a loss won't factor into NET ratings. Just add one win to the overall win-loss record if we are the lucky one to play Charminade.
I think you mentally combined Chaminade University with Charmin Double Ultrasoft toilet paper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom