2023 NFL Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

What a 2023 so far for South Florida sports.

-Heat make the NBA Finals
-Panthers make Stanley Cup Finals
-Miami hoops makes the Final Four
-Florida Atlantic makes the Final Four
-Miami football in the Top 20
-Dolphins have their best team potentially in decades
-Marlins are likely going to make the playoffs

I give the Dolphins some credit for being entertaining, but other than that the entire season has been boring.
People give the college football product chit but a majority of NFL games are just Big Ten West games with better players. Lol. Close games =/= good games. And there hasn't even been an abundance of close games.

It doesn't matter for the league though because people will watch no matter what.

Such an undeserving sports market

Football has been trending “boring” for a decade.
Much better now than Brady/Manning vs [insert easiest schedule from nfc] for two decades. Maybe I'm a little biased. But honestly, TB's endless 6yd crossing patterns were the most boring thing ever.

Much better now than Brady/Manning vs [insert easiest schedule from nfc] for two decades. Maybe I'm a little biased. But honestly, TB's endless 6yd crossing patterns were the most boring thing ever.
After seeing Mcdaniels, Belichick, O'Brien, and Patricia coach the past few years I don't think Brady get's enough credit. Everyone outside of Belichick stinks and Belichick has looked average since he left.

People give the college football product chit but a majority of NFL games are just Big Ten West games with better players. Lol. Close games =/= good games. And there hasn't even been an abundance of close games.

It doesn't matter for the league though because people will watch no matter what.
I think you're seeing a couple things happen in recent years. A lot of teams are trying to find the next Mahomes and you're seeing there isn't another Mahomes. Just because someone is an athlete doesn't mean they know how to play QB(Zach Wilson and Justin Fields). It makes for pretty bad football. There's others who fit that description outside of those two. That is why I laugh at the Caleb Williams hype. We heard the same about sunshine at Clemson and he's JAG in Jacksonville so far.

The lack of preseason practice time makes most September games terrible.

Last edited:
After seeing Mcdaniels, Belichick, O'Brien, and Patricia coach the past few years I don't think Brady get's enough credit. Everyone outside of Belichick stinks and Belichick has looked average since he left.
I mean ya you can go back to Charlie Weiss and his flameouts before that. I'm just saying from an entertainment standpoint, it was boring as heck.

If the season ended today the Marlins would not make the playoffs plus their six remaining games are on the road where their record is not too hot. Still crazy that they're right in the mix in the final week.

If the season ended today the Marlins would not make the playoffs plus their six remaining games are on the road where their record is not too hot. Still crazy that they're right in the mix in the final week.
I'm not a baseball guy at all, but I saw "56.2%" in the playoff chances on ESPN this morning.

What percentage of the Patriot's success was Belichick and what percentage was Brady? Or is it still too soon to make a judgement as Bill rebuilds the Pats?

What percentage of the Patriot's success was Belichick and what percentage was Brady? Or is it still too soon to make a judgement as Bill rebuilds the Pats?
It’s year 4. How many years does he need? Coaches get fired after 3 for not getting the job done.

87.25% Brady

Hey guys . Not sure if you heard this but Taylor Swift attended the Chiefs / Bears game as a guest of Travis Kelce.

Oh, and she chose that game instead of attending her brother’s (Eagles RB D’andre Swift) game in Tampa.

And it wasn't like it was 4th and 12. It was 4th and 2. Cowardly.
I'm still hoping it goes bad enough that Devante demands a trade and the Raiders can get into the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.

This may have been discussed, but if I'm the Jets, I would take him up on the offer.

Plus, you'll go down as the franchise that had both Tebow and Kaepernick! Also, he has to be at least 28 times as good as Zach Wilson.

This may have been discussed, but if I'm the Jets, I would take him up on the offer.

Plus, you'll go down as the franchise that had both Tebow and Kaepernick! Also, he has to be at least 28 times as good as Zach Wilson.

I am unsure how well any QB would play behind that line. Rogers got hurt in 4 plays. Wilson is doing well just staying alive.

I am unsure how well any QB would play behind that line. Rogers got hurt in 4 plays. Wilson is doing well just staying alive.

He sacked himself the other day just trying to turn left. He's a disaster. lol

I'm not a Jets fan, but I am mystified that they're just gonna punt on the season. Sign Wentz...who cares.

Kaepernick would be taking his life in his hands behind that OL. Then again last we saw Kap a million years ago he was getting beat out for the starting QB spot by Blaine Gabbert.

Give me a Lions-Dolphins Super Bowl this year.

Tired of these Bills fans, I legitimately hate the Niners, Cowboys, and Eagles, Chiefs are corny.

All in on Lions-Dolphins.

And who the hell is watching a concert, after a Thursday Night Game, hosted by 2 Chainz in 2023?

Can’t even imagine how big of a dork the Amazon executive who thought of that idea is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom