2023 NFL Thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Damn. Brutal, but typical. Gonna need all the Clemson ref defenders to come in here on their noble high horses and tell us how the Jets beat themselves and this call didn’t matter, so they can earn their cookies and milk.
Once Brady left the Patriots and KC became the glory team the Chiefs now get all those calls the Pats used to get.

Same thing earlier with Washington vs Philly. You get the TD to pull within 1 at the end. You gotta go for 2 there "Riverboat" Ron.
When you are the worse team, you have to take chances. The longer you make a game, the more likely the true talent level of the better team will result in their victory. I understand that the actual NFL players involved in the game may truly feel they are better or as good, but the “grown ups” deciding plays and strategy should have enough self awareness to understand the true picture.

Same thing earlier with Washington vs Philly. You get the TD to pull within 1 at the end. You gotta go for 2 there "Riverboat" Ron.
Coaches get scared they’re going to get called morons by the meathead talking heads so they go into a shell and make the least risk/least reward decision. Look how Brandon Staley gets called out when his decisions don’t work even though he’s mostly right.

Coaches get scared they’re going to get called morons by the meathead talking heads so they go into a shell and make the least risk/least reward decision. Look how Brandon Staley gets called out when his decisions don’t work even though he’s mostly right.
Staley seems to be too far the other direction, simply basing his decisions on the win probability odds without factoring in any context. Sure when the odds of a decision are separated by 20 percent , just follow the numbers, but when they are like 88 % win if you go for it and 86% if you punt, maybe you should take into context who the other teams QB is and how your D is playing ?

The part that gets me is how carefully they parse how results-oriented they are.
I mean isn't the point to win the game? You don't automatically lose when the 4th down fails. Yet part of the criticism is always that defenders will be hanging their heads in despair that the coach doesn't believe in them. Which not surprisingly hasn't actually happened to professionals these past couple weeks.

Between Giants and cincy… nothing is certain year too year

Giants have a major issue after giving Jones that extension. He looks horrible and Barkley is back to being injured every other week. Their best bet is a bad season where they can draft a QB or an elite Wr, they need both.

Giants have a major issue after giving Jones that extension. He looks horrible and Barkley is back to being injured every other week. Their best bet is a bad season where they can draft a QB or an elite Wr, they need both.
Their offensive line looks horrible for about the 12th year in a row. Mahomes would struggle playing behind that line.

You could put prime Moss on this team and it wouldn’t matter. He’d have 11-123-0 on the year so far. We can’t block long enough to throw more than 4 yard dink and dunk crap.

I’m watching Monday Night Raw until it’s over and then going to bed.

I’m not saying the Giants are very good, but September and October football tend to get overvalued every year.
If they don't fix that OL soon they might get relegated to the ACC by November. Yikes!

Not gonna lie I feel like a genius for scooping up the Dolphins D the other day for next week.

Definitely one of the worst performance by a line I’ve ever seen. David Carr during his rookie year wouldn’t even trade his for it.

I’m not gonna say it’s all the QBs fault. It’s not . But Aikmen sure tried to make it sound like Jones had nothing to do with that debacle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom