2023 NFL Thread | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Why are you even bothering throwing to him either? Just throw to Hill or achane every time. I’m serious
Hill got injured the play before and took himself off the field. I think Achane was on the bench too.

Think that INT is on Claypool more than Tua. I think he ran the route so poorly he ended up roughly 10 yards further upfield than he was supposed to be. If he had flattened out his route the way WRs are supposed to, he probably makes a fairly easy catch and moves the chains. Instead he let Rapp jump it and end the game.
Idk was still pretty far off.

From what I on redzone the Bears playcalling was crap. Conspiracy theory they’ve already decided to dump Fields and wanted to make him look bad
dude has a 46 qbr this year and 56.3 last year. not to mention 31.4 rookie year. they'd be stupid to invest big money into this guy. draft another qb and you likely have a better, cheaper, qb on longer term.

Idk was still pretty far off.
We’ll never know for sure because Claypool was like 10 yards off his mark but it looks to me like he probably would have been able to get to the ball if he had run the route correctly. And Rapp for sure would not have beaten him to the spot.

We’ll never know for sure because Claypool was like 10 yards off his mark but it looks to me like he probably would have been able to get to the ball if he had run the route correctly. And Rapp for sure would not have beaten him to the spot.
Rapp picking off a pass intended for claypool to seal the victory is not exactly how I saw the dying seconds of the battle unfolding

Riveting stuff on that belichick zoom meeting this early AM. What was that

Kind of surprised the Bucs aren't favored over the Eagles the way those teams are playing. The Bucs actually finished the year with a slightly better point differential.

Pulling for Detroit, but the Rams can beat them.

I have zero idea what to think about Cleveland/Houston or Miami/KC. I think Miami has a shot to win if Waddle and Mostert are back.

Buffalo should roll. Less certain about Dallas, but GB defense mostly stinks against everyone except Justin Fields.

I'm calling it: The Birds will fire Siriani. His Joe College persona has worn thin as the team has tanked.

I'm an Iggles' fan, but they've gone from one of the most creative teams to one of the least creative. Looks like the coordinators were the true leaders of the team, and they both left for HC gigs.

Lurie and Howie aren't patient. Not even Doug Pederson lasted long after the Super Bowl win.

Not only do I think they'll fire him, it will have been on merit. BTW, Matt Patricia sucks. How does he keep getting jobs?

Kind of surprised the Bucs aren't favored over the Eagles the way those teams are playing. The Bucs actually finished the year with a slightly better point differential.

Pulling for Detroit, but the Rams can beat them.

I have zero idea what to think about Cleveland/Houston or Miami/KC. I think Miami has a shot to win if Waddle and Mostert are back.

Buffalo should roll. Less certain about Dallas, but GB defense mostly stinks against everyone except Justin Fields.
Not sure why one would think the Bills would roll? They have not played well in probably 13 of their 17 games. I think the game will look a lot like what their typical body of work looks like. Sloppy, uninspired, turnovers and it will be close. I would bet on Dallas rolling at home before the Bills. Tomlin a much better coach that GB coach as well

Think that INT is on Claypool more than Tua. I think he ran the route so poorly he ended up roughly 10 yards further upfield than he was supposed to be. If he had flattened out his route the way WRs are supposed to, he probably makes a fairly easy catch and moves the chains. Instead he let Rapp jump it and end the game.
Could be. I'm mostly kidding around. Having both WRs out or compromised not ideal for him tbf.
It's just hard to get past a near pick & actual pick on successive sideline throws, when the book on him is so much of his production comes from one throw (even Collinsworth said as much) up the seam. I wouldn't even want my Safties anywhere near the sideline against him ever - if you beat me there good for you. I guess that's why I'm not a DC or Rapp saw something on film.

I'm calling it: The Birds will fire Siriani. His Joe College persona has worn thin as the team has tanked.

I'm an Iggles' fan, but they've gone from one of the most creative teams to one of the least creative. Looks like the coordinators were the true leaders of the team, and they both left for HC gigs.

Lurie and Howie aren't patient. Not even Doug Pederson lasted long after the Super Bowl win.

Not only do I think they'll fire him, it will have been on merit. BTW, Matt Patricia sucks. How does he keep getting jobs?
The drop off from Steichen to Brian Johnson was massive this year. Sirianni isn't a play caller and has never been a play caller so he doesn't bring a lot to the table. Coaching on the defensive side of the ball is awful too but at least there you can point to some major deficiencies in talent. That's on Howie. The production coming from the two baby bulldogs has fallen off a clip. It might not be too early to say that Jordan Davis is a bust.

The drop off from Steichen to Brian Johnson was massive this year. Sirianni isn't a play caller and has never been a play caller so he doesn't bring a lot to the table. Coaching on the defensive side of the ball is awful too but at least there you can point to some major deficiencies in talent. That's on Howie. The production coming from the two baby bulldogs has fallen off a clip. It might not be too early to say that Jordan Davis is a bust.
Wasn't Sirianni the OC in Indy at the end of Luck and the Rivers year? I suppose Reich may have been the playcaller?

Not sure why one would think the Bills would roll? They have not played well in probably 13 of their 17 games. I think the game will look a lot like what their typical body of work looks like. Sloppy, uninspired, turnovers and it will be close. I would bet on Dallas rolling at home before the Bills. Tomlin a much better coach that GB coach as well
Fair enough. I think Pittsburgh's offense is mostly horrible so I don't think the Bills need to do a lot. They do have better wins than I expected to see looking at their schedule in Baltimore at full strength and Houston.

It was amazing that the doliphins found a way to lose when Allen was playing about as poorly as he can. He looked worse than Tua for most of that game.

Bills D and special teams won that game.

It was amazing that the doliphins found a way to lose when Allen was playing about as poorly as he can. He looked worse than Tua for most of that game.

Bills D and special teams won that game.

Allen's poor play was almost exclusively limited to turnovers (and 3 turnovers is pretty bad). Otherwise, he was borderline unstoppable. Accounted for 426 of the Bills' 473 yards. 2 touchdown passes. 79% completion percentage. 26 first downs. 38 minute time of possession. Only punted once.

Allen's poor play was almost exclusively limited to turnovers (and 3 turnovers is pretty bad). Otherwise, he was borderline unstoppable. Accounted for 426 of the Bills' 473 yards. 2 touchdown passes. 79% completion percentage. 26 first downs. 38 minute time of possession. Only punted once.

only scored 14 points. He sucked. He plays like that in the playoffs and it will be an early out.

only scored 14 points. He sucked. He plays like that in the playoffs and it will be an early out.

Because of turnovers. You said he was playing as poorly as he can and looked worse than Tua, neither of which were true. Tua could barely pick up a first down in the second half and had 250 less yards of offense as Allen. Allen accounted for more yardage than literally 28 other teams in week 18, but that's as poorly as he can play. Ok.

one INT was bad. one was 4th down and a better play than taking a sack. the fumble happens.

30/38 359 is pretty solid less the one bad pick decision. and ran for 67 yds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom