2023 NY Mets thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NY Mets thread

Just what the Mets need: Pete Alonso leaves the game after being hit by a pitch in the wrist in the first inning. They're saying that Tommy Pham or Mark Canha might take over at first, (how about Vientos?) Just a little difference there.
Morton is well known for hitting batters. He is among the all time leaders in this category.

Just passed Nolan Ryan and is 15th all time hunting heads.

Scherzer looked strong early but then started hanging curve balls. 10 strikeouts but 11 hits.

Morton is well known for hitting batters. He is among the all time leaders in this category.

Just passed Nolan Ryan and is 15th all time hunting heads.

I'm looking forward to the Mets selling expiring contracts at the deadline. This is an awful team.

We are good at almost winning.

Big stat: 6 hits to 14. Last night it was 4-10.

Tood Zeile: "It's too late to say that it's early."

Last edited:
Even our Hall of Famers have a hard time getting 'quality starts' against the Braves.

With the Diaz injury and the lack of quality starts, our bullpen is played out - and it's June 8th.

I would have stuck with Smith even after the home run so Robertson didn't have to go for a 5 out save. But that's just me.

The Mets gave up 43 hits in 3 games. They had 24 of their own. They didn't score after the 6th inning. Their last three pitchers gave up 6 runs, all on home runs.

Last edited:
If you score 10 runs in a baseball game, you should win 10 times out of 10. The Mets have no pitching and it was the main concern coming into the season. Eppler, Showalter or Hefner have to be terminated. Tonight was flat out unacceptable. Had to have this game. Accountability is needed from Cohen or he's a fraud.

Three great baseball games, which we could appreciate if we won any of them.

If you score 10 runs in a baseball game, you should win 10 times out of 10. The Mets have no pitching and it was the main concern coming into the season. Eppler, Showalter or Hefner have to be terminated. Tonight was flat out unacceptable. Had to have this game. Accountability is needed from Cohen or he's a fraud.
that check swing call that was clearly a swing and led to the HR hurts.

that check swing call that was clearly a swing and led to the HR hurts.

But we also got a strike-out on what was clearly a ball to end an inning. I forgot which one of the Braves' sluggers was up at the time, (their whole line-up seems like the same guy).

Megill deserved better. Marte had to at least try to get that ball hot close to him. Not sure what Starling was doing there but it was not what you expect from a MLB outfielder.

That gave them the first two runs.

The next 5 were all a result of Lindor inexplicably screwing up a routine double play.

The Mets aren’t good enough to play like that defensively and win games.

I have seen no indication Hunter is a major league pitcher. I think it is time to let him go.

Losing Alonso would always be a problem but right now, it is a disaster. Much like the Yankees without Judge.

Megill deserved better. Marte had to at least try to get that ball hot close to him. Not sure what Starling was doing there but it was not what you expect from a MLB outfielder.

That gave them the first two runs.

The next 5 were all a result of Lindor inexplicably screwing up a routine double play.

The Mets aren’t good enough to play like that defensively and win games.

I have seen no indication Hunter is a major league pitcher. I think it is time to let him go.

Losing Alonso would always be a problem but right now, it is a disaster. Much like the Yankees without Judge.

Last year at least 10% of the Mets' wins came because they didn't make mistakes. This year at least 10% of their losses are because they do.

Fun with numbers: During the 7 game skid, prior to getting 5 runs in the 9th last night to turn a 2-14 game into a 7-14 final, the Mets had been out-scored from the 7th inning on, 1-16.