2023 NY Mets thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NY Mets thread

The Mets have no pitching. Megill was spotted a four run lead and gave it up in less than an inning.

My God is our starting pitching so bad. A shame with how exciting it's been watching Alvarez go nuts.

The Mets have no pitching. Megill was spotted a four run lead and gave it up in less than an inning.
My God is our starting pitching so bad. A shame with how exciting it's been watching Alvarez go nuts.

It's Coors Field, Jake.

R.27d35d9c6c81a66fad10658b25e6f3a0

If this had only happened at Coors sure. It's been like this all year. 24th in team ERA
This looks like an 80 win team and with the payroll they have, that’s unacceptable. The whole front office needs to be cleaned out as they clearly have no idea how to evaluate pitching talent.

Megill wasn’t very good but that fly ball to left center that Marte couldn’t get to has to be caught by a MLB CF.

I understand Nimmo might be tired but tomorrow is a day off. Coors Field has a giant CF. Can’t put Marte out there and expect things to go well.

The starting pitching isn’t great but I think is good enough if the Mets play good defense.

When our starting pitchers fail to go 6 or 7, we have no decent pitchers to get to the eighth or the ninth.

We all begged the Mets to sign more quality relievers in the off season. They preferred to target AAA level pitchers with minor league options. It wouldn’t be so bad if we had some good young arms we could call on to fill in (like Holderman)

That stupid decision has changed this team. The only good thing about it is that I think Eppler has proven himself so incompetent that he must be fired. Whether they get Stearns, @SWC or hire the janitor, whoever the new GM is will be a major upgrade. ( know Stearns would be a level above GM but he would become the final decision maker, and that is where we need change.

Alvarez is hitting some ridiculous HRs. That fastball he hit out today was high and outside and he crushed it to left field. That isn’t supposed to happen. Thank God they called him up.

Is the Mets pitching as bad as it looked as it looked in Colorado?

Is the Mets hitting as good as it looked there?

Senga has been far better pitching at home so there is reason to think he might have a good game tonight.

It will be interesting to see what Buck does at DH today. Suarez is a lefty so one would assume Vientos will get the start. But Escobar has been hitting well as a righty and Buck has been putting him at 2B and McNeil at LF against leftys recently. But McNeil has a pulled groin that probably gets more exposed playing OF.

I bet he ends up starting Canha in LF, Escobar at 3B, McNeil at 2B and Vientos at DH. Baty gets a rest against the lefty.

any one notice that Oakland has now won the series vs atlanta with a game left.. Cant have that happening if the As are gonna set loss total records.

any one notice that Oakland has now won the series vs atlanta with a game left.. Cant have that happening if the As are gonna set loss total records.
The Braves finally got Soroka back but have not been playing well for a while. Strange to see Riley make a fielding gaffe to blow a game.

For all the problems the Mets have had, they are only 4 games back from Atlanta.

Senga looked terrific. Had good control of his fastball and he threw it consistently in the 96-97 range. It had movement and he was able to get ahead in the strike count consistently with it. That forkball is tough with two strikes.

Thought Ottavino looked shaky again and might have gotten into a big mess had Realmuto not tried to steal second. Ottavino has a very deliberate motion and teams have been successful running against him for years but Realmuto didn't get a great jump, Alvarez has a gun and McNeil made a nice tag to get him pretty easily. (Of course the ump, who was in great position, missed the call; thank god for replay).

Happy for Escobar, who had a big hit to get a badly needed insurance run. Just seems like a really nice guy.

Lindor is up to 10 HRs now. He continues to hit extra base hits. And pretty much nothing else. What an odd season for him so far.

Carrasco vs Nola tonight. Nola got bombed by the Braves his last start and has been struggling. Who knows how Cookie will do today. I certainly do not.

I think it is safe to say the game will be more high scoring than the one last night.

The Braves finally got Soroka back but have not been playing well for a while. Strange to see Riley make a fielding gaffe to blow a game.

For all the problems the Mets have had, they are only 4 games back from Atlanta.

Senga looked terrific. Had good control of his fastball and he threw it consistently in the 96-97 range. It had movement and he was able to get ahead in the strike count consistently with it. That forkball is tough with two strikes.

Thought Ottavino looked shaky again and might have gotten into a big mess had Realmuto not tried to steal second. Ottavino has a very deliberate motion and teams have been successful running against him for years but Realmuto didn't get a great jump, Alvarez has a gun and McNeil made a nice tag to get him pretty easily. (Of course the ump, who was in great position, missed the call; thank god for replay).

Happy for Escobar, who had a big hit to get a badly needed insurance run. Just seems like a really nice guy.

Lindor is up to 10 HRs now. He continues to hit extra base hits. And pretty much nothing else. What an odd season for him so far.

Carrasco vs Nola tonight. Nola got bombed by the Braves his last start and has been struggling. Who knows how Cookie will do today. I certainly do not.

I think it is safe to say the game will be more high scoring than the one last night.
The Braves are going to have to figure out what to do with their bullpen. It's been killing them. Even last night, only scoring one run and the Riley error stand out, but Iglesias gave up 3 walks. Not great for my team to lose a series to a AAA Oakland team. But it's a still May.

Cookie looks light years better in last two outings. Max looking solid today and as you noted Senga better too. Hope Verlander can get into form and maybe things can turn around quick.

Another nice win this afternoon as the Mets completed a sweep of the Phillies.

The Mets used Ottavino and Robertson to finish up Tuesday and then Raley, Ottavino and Robertson yesterday so it was crucial that Scherzer go deep into the game today. There was no way Ottavino or Robertson was going to pitch 3 days in a row.

Max was able to provide 7 quality innings today so Buck only had to deal with 2 innIngo. Brigham is emerging as the best of the bullpen mob and he was able to finish the 8th inning unscathed. Raley pitched 1 1/3 innings yesterday but was asked to come in today to finish the game. He got 2 outs before Buck wisely brought in Smith to finish the game up.

The Blue Jays will be at CitiField for the weekend. The Mets beat Taijuan Walker today and face another member of the rotation last year in Chris Bassitt tomorrow. Verlander is set to start for the Mets.

On Saturday, it should be Berrios vs Megill and Sunday it looks like Kukuchi vs Peterson, who is expected to be called up for the game.

Monday is another off day and then 3 games against the Braves. I assume the Mets will be pitching Senga, Carrasco and Scherzer in that series.

Another nice win this afternoon as the Mets completed a sweep of the Phillies.

The Mets used Ottavino and Robertson to finish up Tuesday and then Raley, Ottavino and Robertson yesterday so it was crucial that Scherzer go deep into the game today. There was no way Ottavino or Robertson was going to pitch 3 days in a row.

Max was able to provide 7 quality innings today so Buck only had to deal with 2 innIngo. Brigham is emerging as the best of the bullpen mob and he was able to finish the 8th inning unscathed. Raley pitched 1 1/3 innings yesterday but was asked to come in today to finish the game. He got 2 outs before Buck wisely brought in Smith to finish the game up.

The Blue Jays will be at CitiField for the weekend. The Mets beat Taijuan Walker today and face another member of the rotation last year in Chris Bassitt tomorrow. Verlander is set to start for the Mets.

On Saturday, it should be Berrios vs Megill and Sunday it looks like Kukuchi vs Peterson, who is expected to be called up for the game.

Monday is another off day and then 3 games against the Braves. I assume the Mets will be pitching Senga, Carrasco and Scherzer in that series.

16-0 when the starters go 6 innings!

We are 16-1 when our starters go 6 innings!

I've never seen so many pop-ups.

Alonso has great power numbers but he'd hitting .235. Lindor is hitting .216. The "young guns" are hitting .246 (Alvarez), .232 (Baty) and .172 (Vientos).

Last edited: