2023 NY Mets thread | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NY Mets thread

The Brooklyn Cyclones choked their final game of the season and miss the playoffs by one game when it was a win and get in scenario. Jersey Shore came back from two runs down with one out remaining in the ninth where they beat Hudson Valley in 11. Wasted second half because they could have won the Atlantic League title with that group.

Jett Williams was promoted to Binghamton where he will be on their playoff roster.

2023 has been a really bad season for the Mets. But something great just happened.

I think this is a really important development. Sure hope so.

The Mets had a great record in games where the starting pitcher went 6 innings, indicating that their bullpen was pretty good. But, in recent we weeks we seem to have let a lot of games turn around or get out of hand when the bullpen was in there.

The Mets had a great record in games where the starting pitcher went 6 innings, indicating that their bullpen was pretty good. But, in recent we weeks we seem to have let a lot of games turn around or get out of hand when the bullpen was in there.

I would be really surprised if much of the hammer and tong crew that is serving as the Mets relief pitcher corp return next season.

Diaz of course.
Raley yes.
Ottavino maybe.
Hartwig maybe.
Walker maybe.
Kolarek maybe.
Smith no.
Gott no.
Reid-Foley no.
Brigham no.
Bickford no.
Curtiss no.
Yacabonis no.
Garrett no.
Coonrod no.
Nittoli no.
McFarland no.
Muckenhirn no.

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever.

2023 has been a really bad season for the Mets. But something great just happened.

I think this is a really important development. Sure hope so.

For Civil War buffs, I guess Stearns will be General Grant and Eppler will be General Meade.

grant-and-meade.jpg

Mad Max out for.the year….

This is what I don’t understand about angst from Mets fans about the mid-season tear down. They got rid of a bunch of high risk low reward dudes who will not help this team win anything. Yes Cohen paid a ton to do so, but it’s not my money and they got talent back. Good work Eppler! Now I just hope Stearns can fix the player development issues and turn that talent into something useful.

Vientos hits two homers and Baty hits one 440 feet and the Mets win 8-3 to win 3 of 4 from the Marlins, who had just swept the Braves.

I think all four of the 'Baby Mets", (Alvarez, Baty, Vientos and Mauricio), will make it in the majors - and thanks to the trades, the Mets have another group of Baby Mets on the way up. I wonder what our line-up will look like in a couple of years.

What Went Wrong in 2023?

This is a good article that explores the topic in depth. It is premium of course.

They beauty of baseball... Pete having massive number of HRs, McNeil surging, Nimmo having another great year, Lindor sneaky candidate to get MVP votes. Yet Mets offense has sucked all year and their record is terrible. Can any of these dudes do it consistently?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom