2023 PGA Tour | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2023 PGA Tour

I took Europe +165 this morning

Once again I jinxed a golfer in the final round, putting money on Taylor Moore this morning. But not as bad as yesterday, when I jinxed an entire country by betting the Columbian Women's Soccer team to upset England.
Could you give us your bets 12 hours in advance? Thanks!

I took Morikowa at 90-1 hope he didnt shoot his wad too soon? Henley at 60-1.

DK says I can cash out my $20 for $150 now..

13 guys within 4 shots now.. If scottie had shot a 67 there would have been 3..

Shenk was 500-1 now he is 2 back..

Last edited:
Hovland now up 6.. 3 guys 6-7 shots back and the rest are 9 or more. Can he play another near perfect rd and finish off the last 2 weeks?

Everyone else has hit a bad shot this week and got doinked with doubles and triples.. His one bad yesterday that should have been OB hits a tree and bounces back into a good spot.. Thats what happens when you are on a roll.

Starting from even there would be 9 guys within 5 shots.

Hovland now up 6.. 3 guys 6-7 shots back and the rest are 9 or more. Can he play another near perfect rd and finish off the last 2 weeks?

Everyone else has hit a bad shot this week and got doinked with doubles and triples.. His one bad yesterday that should have been OB hits a tree and bounces back into a good spot.. Thats what happens when you are on a roll.

Starting from even there would be 9 guys within 5 shots.

I didn't want a runaway, but it's impossible to dislike anything about Hovland. More power to him. Hopefully he cools off before the Ryder Cup. :)

The problem with starting everyone even is that it discounts the season long points system that's been put in place to reward the consistently best play over the whole season. Although it has problems as well, such as Glover getting hot like he did after muddling along for most of the year, and rocketing to no. 4 from out of nowhere.

yeah.. I dont mind the format.. And not sure a few shots matter anyway since in most tournaments qith 150 you only end up with a handful with 3-4-5 shots of the lead.

I think it builds some suspense for the end even if it doesnt really define the best player.. Much like the NCAA tourney does it and sometimes the 20-30th best team gets home.

I agree Bradley and Morikowa are in and JT is just not even being competitive right now and too big a risk to think he figures it out to be on the team.

Fowler makes birdies which means he is good in 2 of the 3 formats.

Burns is pretty good top 15 machine/ Glover is hot right now.. Either way makes sense.

Koepka can still play it seems.. I take it to your locks and decide if they distraction means too much.

IMG_3186.jpeg

Beautiful end to summer

I'd go:

Brooks
Spieth
Collin
Bradley
Rickie
Glover

I don't understand the Cam Young hype. I know why it exists but I don't think he's deserving. If it is JT over Glover I think it is dumb but I can comprehend why.

I think Europe wins regardless.

I'd go:

Brooks
Spieth
Collin
Bradley
Rickie
Glover

I don't understand the Cam Young hype. I know why it exists but I don't think he's deserving. If it is JT over Glover I think it is dumb but I can comprehend why.

I think Europe wins regardless.
I think I agree with your list. But for the record it isn’t “hype” surrounding Cam young. He was literally 9th in the Ryder cup standings entering this week.

I think I agree with your list. But for the record it isn’t “hype” surrounding Cam young. He was literally 9th in the Ryder cup standings entering this week.
Hype was probably the wrong word. Going winless and missing East Lake should probably be a non-starter for a guy without much of a resume. Good performances in majors, at least.

I'd still prefer Henley or JT over Young, though, if Glover or Bradley isn't going. But I am a sucker for Henley.

Hype was probably the wrong word. Going winless and missing East Lake should probably be a non-starter for a guy without much of a resume. Good performances in majors, at least.

I'd still prefer Henley or JT over Young, though, if Glover or Bradley isn't going. But I am a sucker for Henley.
Yup. Totally agree. Henley is so freaking underrated

I am not a huge fan of the Fed EX as it just feels so manufactured. Also gotta say/ask why did they put the final event at a course that played like a mini golf course?

I am not a huge fan of the Fed EX as it just feels so manufactured. Also gotta say/ask why did they put the final event at a course that played like a mini golf course?
it was wet which totally changed the course.

I’m pretty sure East Lake has been the tour championship course for as long as I remember watching gol, f going back to when I was a kid in the mid to late 90’s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom