2023 Schedule Guesses | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule Guesses

it's pretty random. they're not one of the better teams in the WCAC and they don't send very many players to D1 schools. photos of the venue online look unbecoming for a significant ACC conference rivalry game that could have playoff implications. does not look like there is a ton of seating, and what bleachers they do have are a mile from the field because of the track.

O'Connell and Paul VI have really nice facilities for something like this for high schools.

George Mason can seat 5K and has college lockers and all that.

it's pretty random. they're not one of the better teams in the WCAC and they don't send very many players to D1 schools. photos of the venue online look unbecoming for a significant ACC conference rivalry game that could have playoff implications. does not look like there is a ton of seating, and what bleachers they do have are a mile from the field because of the track.
My Man, I didn't say anything about GC sport teams or number of players in D1, that being said, GC is very very good school and sports wise it's a very good football school. It sounds like you should be sending this to ACC vice me to voice your displeasure with the selection, it wasn't me that made it, nor do I know the reason why.

That being said... I'm going to see if some of the Peeps want to get a round of golf in early at Blue Mash, swing by my house for some drinks (maybe smash Bayside in a game of hoops), go tailgate at GC... and then watch the mofo game! Bayside, Bill, Chip, VAOrange.. whassup?!!

Ps... nothing is a mile away from anything else in Olney. For me this will be a lemonade out of lemon day for sure..

AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY... LOL!!!

Last edited:
My Man, I didn't say anything about GC sport teams or number of players in D1, that being said, GC is very very good school and sports wise it's a very good football school. It sounds like you should be sending this to ACC vice me to voice your displeasure with the selection, it wasn't me that made it, nor do I know the reason why.

That being said... I'm going to see if some of the Peeps want to get a round of golf in early at Blue Mash, swing by my house for some drinks (maybe smash Bayside in a game of hoops), go tailgate at GC... and then watch the mofo game! Bayside, Bill, Chip, VAOrange.. whassup?!!

Ps... nothing is a mile away from anything else in Olney. For me this will be a lemonade out of lemon day for sure..

I am all in!

I am in!

weird post, i was voicing displeasure with the move long before you jumped in. i don't need you to explain it. no one was asking. GC is a pretty random school to be playing a division 1 college lacrosse game at, sorry. i doubt it was their first, second, third, fourth, or even fifth choice

weird post, i was voicing displeasure with the move long before you jumped in. i don't need you to explain it. no one was asking. GC is a pretty random school to be playing a division 1 college lacrosse game at, sorry. i doubt it was their first, second, third, fourth, or even fifth choice

Doesn't look like it was UNC's choice at all. Looks like they sold the game to Corrigan's outfit and they placed it where economically advantageous to them.

Ok...

Seems like the game will be shown on the Corrigan YouTube channel? I thought the ACC had a deal with ESPN? Per the release:

"LIVE BROADCASTS

Can’t make the games live? Both games will be available for lacrosse fans across the USA to watch. The broadcasts are a multi-camera live broadcasts with instant replays, score bugs, built in TV commercials, and an announcer.
The games will air exclusively on our channels through the buttons below."

The link takes you to the YouTube channel. As long as I can watch I don't really care, but having games on ESPN is much better than YouTube.

Seems like the game will be shown on the Corrigan YouTube channel? I thought the ACC had a deal with ESPN? Per the release:

"LIVE BROADCASTS

Can’t make the games live? Both games will be available for lacrosse fans across the USA to watch. The broadcasts are a multi-camera live broadcasts with instant replays, score bugs, built in TV commercials, and an announcer.
The games will air exclusively on our channels through the buttons below."

The link takes you to the YouTube channel. As long as I can watch I don't really care, but having games on ESPN is much better than YouTube.

This will be like the rain-delayed ACCT game from Georgia a few years ago.

Carc will be broadcasting the game from his iphone.

Penn and Saint Joes are the toughest out of conference games. Interesting that there is no Big 10 game.

Looks like they traded Richmond, Colgate and Bellarmine for Mercer, Dartmouth and Providence. Seems like a push more or less. Of course playing Notre Dame back to back to end the season is a bit unique.

Looks like they traded Richmond, Colgate and Bellarmine for Mercer, Dartmouth and Providence. Seems like a push more or less. Of course playing Notre Dame back to back to end the season is a bit unique.

Interesting schedule, not a ton of big names OOC but a lot of competitive OOC games including Hop, Brown, Ohio State, Denver, Dartmouth and High Point.

it's not the end of the world for them but that's a clear schedule downgrade in my opinion. richmond is the only one of those teams with top 20 potential this season. so, net, it's minus one top 20 win/resume booster opportunity. maybe breschi is expecting the spiders to take a step back this year, which is possible without lanchbury though they added a madonna

Albany's roster for 2023 is up. Interesting that both Yunker and Tanner Hay both moved on despite having an extra year due to COVID. Our old friend Camden is back though. Tanner is a big loss for Albany. Keep an eye out on a frosh Silas Richmond from BC, heard some rumblings on him.

Anyone know when media day will be? Usually it’s a month before the first game, so that would have been today.

Looks like they swapped out High Point for Richmond and that is it. Just twelve games but no slouches.

Penn and Saint Joes are the toughest out of conference games. Interesting that there is no Big 10 game.

Another interesting thing with Duke's schedule is that they are scrimmaging with UMd and MSM, and are only playing 15 regular season games - as opposed to 17 regular season games last year.
Their out-of-conference schedule looks a little weak to me.

Another interesting thing with Duke's schedule is that they are scrimmaging with UMd and MSM, and are only playing 15 regular season games - as opposed to 17 regular season games last year.
Their out-of-conference schedule looks a little weak to me.
Jax, Denver, Penn, Loyola, St. Joe's is a pretty good OOC slate, it's that they ALSO play Bellarmine, Air Force, Merrimack, etc. Don't need those games. They should just get rid of most of those lesser opponents (maybe keep one) while maintaining the others. But Dino always schedules a handful of cupcakes. Last year notwithstanding it usually works out for him

SJ is legit. Denver will be solid and will be playing exceptionally hard for their HOF coach.
Yeah Denver will definitely be playing hard for Tierney this yr and they have some talent so not a layup at all. St Joes is definitely a solid OOC game for them. It's at St Joes to so that's a tough game. If Penn is the only tough one then idk because St Joes lost to them in OT last season in which Tucker Brown hit the pipe just before Penn scored to win. St Joes returns there whole team except at SSDM. Idk how much that will effect them I do know they went after Jake Murphy hard in transfer portal so they might be a little weaker there this yr but they have so much firepower on offense along with Zach Cole winning face offs it might not effect them much. Jax is no gimme game either as they lost to them last yr. Somehow Walbaum has a 13th yr again this yr. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom