2023 Spring Practice | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Spring Practice

Ellis certainly does appear to be in much better shape this season. I like this. Really want Reed to get cleared to join the team. One way or the other on this decision could play an enormous factor on our win total. Please let this happen.

Last edited:
What does the RB competition behind LeQuint look like?

I really don't like giving RBs too much of a workload. Allen can do it all but I feel he will be way more effective in a 60-40 split than handling 90% of the workload and playing every down until he's gassed and comes out for a play or two on a long drive.

Any of the younger guys above Price? I think Price is fine as 3rd RB but don't really see a top gear and any home run potential.
Agree on not wanting Lequint to play too many snaps. He's not quite thick enough for that yet to take a work load like Tucker. I think he'd be more effective with less and obviously less likely to get injured. I'd guess Price gets a fair amount of snaps with Ike Daniels getting a few for some more home run potential and progressively more throughout the year.

Agree on not wanting Lequint to play too many snaps. He's not quite thick enough for that yet to take a work load like Tucker. I think he'd be more effective with less and obviously less likely to get injured. I'd guess Price gets a fair amount of snaps with Ike Daniels getting a few for some more home run potential and progressively more throughout the year.

We used to spread the ball out a lot more in the running game, and to good effect.

I realize this is going back to prior coaching staffs, but St Dougie and FHCSMFS were both able to run the ball with several dudes toting the rock.

'09 - DC 1051 Ant Bailey 312
'10 - DC 1233 Ant Bailey 554
'12 - Rome 1171 PTG 830
'13 - Rome 914, T-Hunt 500, PTG 462, GMII & DMcF 626

That 2013 breakdown is kinda like what we should ideally see from this team:
LeQuint gets the most carries/yards, then 2nd most likely GS (because it's a big part of what he does), and then another 2-3 dudes (Price, Ike, etc.) all getting a coupla hundred yards each.

Or how about 2018? We'd all take that again in a heartbeat!!
'18 - Moe 869, ED 754, Tae Strick 588, Jarveon 315

Reed alone is worth 2 wins. He is the biggest question mark. For once I wish we could be like an SEC school and stop over-regulating admissions.

We are an Ivy league school...or at least the price tag seems to be that way. Definitely frustrating, and i don't claim to know any details, but I really hope he is on campus sooner rather than later.

We used to spread the ball out a lot more in the running game, and to good effect.

I realize this is going back to prior coaching staffs, but St Dougie and FHCSMFS were both able to run the ball with several dudes toting the rock.

'12 - Rome 1171 PTG 830

LeQuint gets the most carries/yards, then 2nd most likely GS (because it's a big part of what he does), and then another 2-3 dudes (Price, Ike, etc.) all getting a coupla hundred yards each.

'Rome' is Jerome Smith. I had to look that one up. I got all the rest.

'12 - Rome 1171 PTG 830

Thanks for the breakout.

We were spoiled with how all-purpose Tuck is. I'm curious if we see a little more situational rotation this season.

We are an Ivy league school...or at least the price tag seems to be that way. Definitely frustrating, and i don't claim to know any details, but I really hope he is on campus sooner rather than later.
It’s an NCAA clearinghouse issue, it has nothing to do with SU admissions. He is a huge piece of what could be a really solid season, let’s hope the NCAA doesn’t screw us once again

It’s an NCAA clearinghouse issue, it has nothing to do with SU admissions. He is a huge piece of what could be a really solid season, let’s hope the NCAA doesn’t screw us once again
In one thread somebody said, "There are waivers all over the place today..."
But still, those waivers are stored in the back pocket of Ohio State and company. :mad:

Dino is such an awesome interview.

Yeah, he often doesn't say much - by design.

He did a great job deflecting the AW/NIL question, and stating that Syracuse will give them what they need to be successful.

I think he nailed it in a lot of regards, especially talking about Syracuse legit gives Frosh guys an opportunity to earn a starting position, IF they are able to.
And amplifying how we give walk-ons a shot to earn a scholly, and that there's a history of many of them having done exactly that.

ABC - Always Be Closing.
Croots see and hear this stuff, and it has to be very appealing to them.

That's a cool note on Elijah Wright. Trying him out at Fullback. I would say to any fan on the board that they should watch Dino answer questions because he says interesting things that don't always make print/social media.
Similar build, similar defensive line background to Rhino. If he can come set and be in rhythm with the cadence and lay some blocks for us I'm all for it. If it is going to be penalties galore like last year without Rhino then you stay away from having that presence and go singleback. I think for our offense, it is so vital to have that bruiser persona in the backfield to protect Garrett and cause chaos for opposing defenses in the run game.

Similar build, similar defensive line background to Rhino. If he can come set and be in rhythm with the cadence and lay some blocks for us I'm all for it. If it is going to be penalties galore like last year without Rhino then you stay away from having that presence and go singleback. I think for our offense, it is so vital to have that bruiser persona in the backfield to protect Garrett and cause chaos for opposing defenses in the run game.
I was thinking about goal-line packages but your idea works too.

I was thinking about goal-line packages but your idea works too.
The staff continually trying to find someone to fill the void is evidence that this is a more important component to the office than just short yardage situations.

The staff continually trying to find someone to fill the void is evidence that this is a more important component to the office than just short yardage situations.
Especially with the OL issues.

They've been so nice to us over the years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom