2023 Spring Practice | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Spring Practice

Agree special teams should finally be….special again.

Stonehouse had a really good frosh season. Exciting he will haves 3 years left.

Emily didn’t mention Callahan as the long snapper. He is a transfer from Fordham who was first team All Patriot. I think he is the odds on favorite to be our long snapper. He should be a good one,

Denaberg had a great career kicking and playing QB in HS in Florida and his athletic ability gives the team another dimension. Gotta think we will fake at least one FG and have Denaberg throw or run instead. Maybe even give him an option. Remember he led his HS team to the state championship game in HS as a QB.

Barron is surely going to be the holder.

Peña will surely be the guy returning punts and KOs. Thinking Price or Adams will also return kickoffs.

We should be very good overall here.

Please please please let it be Adams. The guy can fly.

Anyone else feel this team could be really good if we can just find 6 offensive lineman. I feel we have two right now, Cruz and Ellis. Let’s see what happens.

This is by far my biggest worry. If we can't block anyone it doesn't matter how good Allen, Shrader, Gadsden etc are.

I think it was Wake Forest game but Illoa and Bradford both played extensive snaps and I thought they were good. Hopefully Reed qualifies and comes this summer.

OL is one of those positions where starter quality guys won't last long in the portal and will have their choice of schools.

I think it was Wake Forest game but Illoa and Bradford both played extensive snaps and I thought they were good. Hopefully Reed qualifies and comes this summer.

OL is one of those positions where starter quality guys won't last long in the portal and will have their choice of schools.
This 100%. I definitely hope we can grab some portal help but not easy to do with O Line. I understand the trepidation people have about the OL but it seemed to hit fever pitch when word came out that we were re-recruiting Tyler. We should be doing that, and it isn’t a sign that we are doomed because we are

Coach Mack from Carolina was asked what he was looking for in the next portal and he said offensive lineman. I think most coaches are looking for offensive lineman. I think we’ll have company looking for lineman.

I will try and identify the hogs.

From bottom left to bottom right, going up across and and then down…

Petry, Coach Farmer, Bradford, J Cruz, Bleich, E Cruz, Kalan, Austin, Ilaoa (hugger), Hoeh (huggee), Alberga (listed on the roster as a TE but apparently is now an OL) and More.

All the plates are empty. Damage was done. 12 large men. Guessing the tab was about $1000.

I will try and identify the hogs.

From bottom left to bottom right, going up across and and then down…

Petry, Coach Farmer, Bradford, J Cruz, Bleich, E Cruz, Kalan, Austin, Ilaoa (hugger), Hoeh (huggee), Alberga (listed on the roster as a TE but apparently is now an OL) and More.

All the plates are empty. Damage was done. 12 large men. Guessing the tab was about $1000.
I don't think that's Coach Farmer in the pic...he has more hair.

FpScBi3agAAAnpC

I don't think that's Coach Farmer in the pic...he has more hair.

FpScBi3agAAAnpC
Yes, let's not shortchange Coach Farmer in the hair department so early in his career coaching here.

After some more sleuthing, I am thinking this is SU OC Quality Control coach Phill Guard.

And yes, hoopsupstate, I think you are right; Coach Farmer likely took the picture. With a full head of hair.

Poor Coach Guard looks like he lost some hair coaching Rutgers. Which we can all understand...

If Bleich has been hurt, I would assume Alberga has been on temporary duty so there's two full lines. Alberga was on the DL for the past two seasons, so I would assume he also played OL in high school up in Section 10.

If Bleich has been hurt, I would assume Alberga has been on temporary duty so there's two full lines. Alberga was on the DL for the past two seasons, so I would assume he also played OL in high school up in Section 10.
Maybe. FYI, he is listed as a TE on the roster today.

This is by far my biggest worry. If we can't block anyone it doesn't matter how good Allen, Shrader, Gadsden etc are.
Reed alone is worth 2 wins. He is the biggest question mark. For once I wish we could be like an SEC school and stop over-regulating admissions.

What does the RB competition behind LeQuint look like?

I really don't like giving RBs too much of a workload. Allen can do it all but I feel he will be way more effective in a 60-40 split than handling 90% of the workload and playing every down until he's gassed and comes out for a play or two on a long drive.

Any of the younger guys above Price? I think Price is fine as 3rd RB but don't really see a top gear and any home run potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom