2023 SyracuseFan Fantasy Baseball?? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2023 SyracuseFan Fantasy Baseball??

My team had a crazy weekend at the plate after a bad start the first 4 days. My quick calc's have .352 AVG, 10 Hr's, 23 RBI, and an OPS of .1285 over Saturday and Sunday.

Going well early, but it is a long season.

My team had a crazy weekend at the plate after a bad start the first 4 days. My quick calc's have .352 AVG, 10 Hr's, 23 RBI, and an OPS of .1285 over Saturday and Sunday.

Going well early, but it is a long season.
I was pretty much 5-5 through yesterday. When I checked this morning it was 2-10. Last time I checked, it was 1-11. Maybe I’m not cut out for the weekly matchups.

I was fortunate my opponent only ended up with 27 IP, so I won a couple pitching categories I wouldn't have otherwise.

It’s competitive which has been great. My team needs some player only meetings to get some momentum.

I was fortunate my opponent only ended up with 27 IP, so I won a couple pitching categories I wouldn't have otherwise.

I had the same thing happen last week against UpperEast Side - it appears that 11 of the 12 teams are active right now which is pretty good.

I was pretty much 5-5 through yesterday. When I checked this morning it was 2-10. Last time I checked, it was 1-11. Maybe I’m not cut out for the weekly matchups.
Looks like you are about to get Bryce Harper back much sooner than expected, so you've got that going for you.

It's official. My team is mediocre, at best.

Been playing Russian Roulette with my starting pitching. Been shot in the face at least three times each week.

I have never used the "Add-Drop" suggestion tool by Yahoo, and this basically convinced me to never look at it again.

Drop the AL Player of the Month for April, who is perhaps the best batter in the AL so far this year? Yes he will fall off, but drop him for Justin Turner. LOL.

1683472393235.png

I have never used the "Add-Drop" suggestion tool by Yahoo, and this basically convinced me to never look at it again.

Drop the AL Player of the Month for April, who is perhaps the best batter in the AL so far this year? Yes he will fall off, but drop him for Justin Turner. LOL.

View attachment 227633
I've never used it either. Frankly, can't imagine who would.

My offence is so inconsistent -- terrible this week, in 133 AB's, 173 AVG, 0 HR's.

I find it quite good that MSOrange team is doing so well with relatively few roster moves -- he nailed the draft.

I don't like to do trades, but I tend to flip my roster quite a bit at the bottom (probably to my regreat at times) -- it seems I hated the team that I drafted - I have released eight of my initial draftees - my #9, #13, and all of my #18-#23 picks (although Martin Perez is back)

And the only one of those draftee releases that I regret a bit, when I looked back at it a few weeks back was Christian Walker. I have added a few young players post draft that worked out well - Bryce Miller, Jared Kelenic, Chris Morel... and also Yandy Diaz.

But my team is very frustrating the last few weeks.

Last edited:
I find it quite good that MSOrange team is doing so well with relatively few roster moves -- he nailed the draft.

I don't like to do trades, but I tend to flip my roster quite a bit at the bottom (probably to my regreat at times) -- it seems I hated the team that I drafted - I have released eight of my initial draftees - my #9, #13, and all of my #18-#23 picks (although Martin Perez is back)

And the only one of those draftee releases that I regret a bit, when I looked back at it a few weeks back was Christian Walker. I have added a few young players post draft that worked out well - Bryce Miller, Jared Kelenic, Chris Morel... and also Yandy Diaz.

But my team is very frustrating the last few weeks.
It's really quite the opposite of how I usually GM. I'm usually more of a psycho GM, but I haven't really had a horrible week yet that's turned me into psycho GM. I really thought about whether I should trade Machado and Valdez for Ryan and Arenado but so far, so good on that one. Manny got hurt and Nolan started hitting once I got him.

I thought Cano and Lopez would pick up more saves for me, but at least they are helping with ERA and WHIP.

It's really quite the opposite of how I usually GM. I'm usually more of a psycho GM, but I haven't really had a horrible week yet that's turned me into psycho GM. I really thought about whether I should trade Machado and Valdez for Ryan and Arenado but so far, so good on that one. Manny got hurt and Nolan started hitting once I got him.

I thought Cano and Lopez would pick up more saves for me, but at least they are helping with ERA and WHIP.
I've become that psycho GM. Since Verlander went down right as the season opened DESPITE THE FACT THAT THERE WAS NO HINT THAT HE WAS INJURED, I've done a lot of streaming of starters--most of whom have killed me in ERA and WHIP.

Have I mentioned lately that I hate my team?

I remember on draft night you wanted Michael Harris and I drafted him right before you at #33 overall (looked at draft results). You ended up being Shane Mclanahan instead at #34. I think it worked out pretty well for you!

Michael Harris has been injured a bit, but when he has played he has not been good.
He is currently ranked #1027 per Yahoo so far. Shane is ranked as #10 per Yahoo so far.

I'm still open to do trade him for McClanahan if you want :cool:

I remember on draft night you wanted Michael Harris and I drafted him right before you at #33 overall (looked at draft results). You ended up being Shane Mclanahan instead at #34. I think it worked out pretty well for you!

Michael Harris has been injured a bit, but when he has played he has not been good.
He is currently ranked #1027 per Yahoo so far. Shane is ranked as #10 per Yahoo so far.

I'm still open to do trade him for McClanahan if you want :cool:
Yes that one has turned out pretty well so far :) Still think Michael will be really good in the long run, but he has had injury problems and dealing with the sophomore slump this season.

My team's surprises and disappointments
My 3rd and 4th round picks (Harris and Manoah) have turned out really bad

Surprises
Adolis Garcia, Drafted #64, ranked #2 overall as of now
Yandy Diaz, Undrafted Free Agent, ranked #6 overall as of now
Chris Bassitt, Drafted #177, ranked #30 overall
Bryce Miller + Chris Morel as Free Agents (still early though)

Disappointment (Really Bad)
Michael Harris, Drafted #33, Currently #1057 overall
Alek Manoah, Drafted #40, Currently #902 overall.
Taylor Ward, Drafted 9th round, Released

My motto: trade with me and I’ll send your team into first place.

I'm done with Alek Manoah (my 3rd round pick).

I Gave him one more start tonight to straighten himself out, and now he has tagged my team with an ERA of 162.00 and a WHIP of 24.00 to start the week.

He will be 1-7 after this game with an ERA of 6.46.
Very annoying in fantasy and moreso as a Jays fan.

He is getting waived, unless somebody makes a trade offer that is better than a replacement player in FA -- which is very unlikely.

I've gotten through denial and anger. Pretty sure the next stage of Fantasy Baseball Grief is, um, acceptance?

No, I checked. The third stage of grief is 'bargaining'. Makes sense as Fawkes and I have a trade pending...

What, don't believe me? Check THIS out, all you skeptics:

Last edited:
I may still wheel and deal a few pieces but for once I’m complacent to see how the next two weeks roll out. Looking for a ‘78 Yankees like comeback.

If I can get three injured pitchers (Rondon, Glasnow, Fried) playing without restrictions by the all star break then I’ll be confident in my second half.

I've gotten through denial and anger. Pretty sure the next stage of Fantasy Baseball Grief is, um, acceptance?

No, I checked. The third stage of grief is 'bargaining'. Makes sense as Fawkes and I have a trade pending...

What, don't believe me? Check THIS out, all you skeptics:

Perhaps this will make you feel better. 2 weeks ago, I was bored one night, and with the league stats I compiled standings based on rotisserie... obviously head to head is different than rotisserie, but it could show teams that have been "lucky" so far and "unlucky" and predict better days ahead.

At the time the top 3 based on rotisserie were MSOrange, your team, and my team. And only MS Orange was near the top.

The teams at the top that had perhaps overachieved, were UncleCharlie and Autry's Army.