2023 Transfer Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Transfer Thread

Tevlin 100% fits the bill of what we need.
agreed. midfield depth and scoring, Tevlin would be a great addition. It might not be as flashy but are there any defensive midfielders and close defenseman available. we are desperately in need of some good players in that area too.

agreed. midfield depth and scoring, Tevlin would be a great addition. It might not be as flashy but are there any defensive midfielders and close defenseman available. we are desperately in need of some good players in that area too.

Unfortunately, I think we need to temper our expectations when it comes to transfers this year, at least when it comes to fifth year players. This team will be very young next season. If Dordevic had decided to stay I think they would have had an outside chance to land some big names. Now with him essentially saying he doesn’t want to stay around for a rebuild, I can’t imagine why another top player would. Maybe there is an academic fit out there that may surprise but I think it’s a long shot.

Depending on the overall number of transfers, maybe SU could land a second tier guy that still might be able to help out. But I wouldn't expect a one year transformation. Maybe they do what Rutgers did last year but I also don’t think you want to stymie the development of the younger players coming in. We shall see.

Unfortunately, I think we need to temper our expectations when it comes to transfers this year, at least when it comes to fifth year players. This team will be very young next season. If Dordevic had decided to stay I think they would have had an outside chance to land some big names. Now with him essentially saying he doesn’t want to stay around for a rebuild, I can’t imagine why another top player would. Maybe there is an academic fit out there that may surprise but I think it’s a long shot.

Depending on the overall number of transfers, maybe SU could land a second tier guy that still might be able to help out. But I wouldn't expect a one year transformation. Maybe they do what Rutgers did last year but I also don’t think you want to stymie the development of the younger players coming in. We shall see.
Agree.. think they should go after young transfers rather than 5th year guys( but a few would be nice)

The one thing we have to offer that other similar schools dont is playing time. Not saying we definitely should go after a high profile attack if it becomes available, but being on the same attack line as a guy like hiltz could be appealing to some. Then with middies if you had a solid year last year at a decent school, you could realistically be in the running to start the whole year. More to offer would be ideal, but that is not nothing.

The one thing we have to offer that other similar schools dont is playing time. Not saying we definitely should go after a high profile attack if it becomes available, but being on the same attack line as a guy like hiltz could be appealing to some. Then with middies if you had a solid year last year at a decent school, you could realistically be in the running to start the whole year. More to offer would be ideal, but that is not nothing.

I would assume middie will be the most pressing position after FOGO. We could really use a veteran presence. Madonna from Hobart would make a lot of sense.

It sort of depends on what your expectations are for Syracuse also. If just getting back to the NCAA tmt is sufficient, then maybe getting a number of 2nd tier transfers, who fit in well, would be sufficient.
OSU didn't get any top tier transfers. Knox is their 4th leading scorer. Gallagher (from D2) has done a nice job filling in on the close and with freshman Van Buren has helped to make the defense solid. Caton Johnson gave OSU solid goalie play early in the season, but has since been replaced by Wahlund. Blanchard has done a nice job as the #2 FO man.
In truth, Rutgers didn't have any top tier transfers. Bartolo was probably closest to it.

I would assume middie will be the most pressing position after FOGO. We could really use a veteran presence. Madonna from Hobart would make a lot of sense.
Agreed. Top mid at less prominent school is the most realistic. In this case I believe it is taboo to transfer from Cuse to Hobart or visa versa. Has it even been done before? Not to my knowledge.

Agreed. Top mid at less prominent school is the most realistic. In this case I believe it is taboo to transfer from Cuse to Hobart or visa versa. Has it even been done before? Not to my knowledge.

Not one in the modern era that I can remember. I know his brother is at Richmond so maybe he ends up there but I think he would do well here and is the kind of player (grad transfer) that I think makes sense.

Not one in the modern era that I can remember. I know his brother is at Richmond so maybe he ends up there but I think he would do well here and is the kind of player (grad transfer) that I think makes sense.

Tanner Wood flipped to Hobart.

Tanner Wood flipped to Hobart.
Flipping is allowed. Once you enter the rivalry though…betrayal on that scale is not an option. Perhaps especially for Hobart to Cuse instead of the other way around.

I don't have inside info but Tevlin smells a lot like someone who is going to Rutgers. He's from NJ and they've already taken in a transfer from Yale (Ward). Plus he fits their "Nascar" system.

For some reason I thought Rutgers was like Exit 8 or is that Princeton? 13 is for Elizabeth right?

Yep exit 8 is slightly south of New Brunswick. Rutgers is exit 9. Exit 13 probably does smell horrible, but that's Elizabeth

What about any top D2 or D3 transfers? Any of those out there?

Not sure if you ever venture over to the Fanlax site there is a Transfer thread page that is kept pretty up to date and it includes D2/D3 players.

Last edited:
Yep exit 8 is slightly south of New Brunswick. Rutgers is exit 9. Exit 13 probably does smell horrible, but that's Elizabeth
Back in the day, I used to drive to Class of 1952 Stadium at Princeton and Rutgers on a few occasions to watch Cuse lacrosse when we played games in the northeast outside of new york state :)

I don't have inside info but Tevlin smells a lot like someone who is going to Rutgers. He's from NJ and they've already taken in a transfer from Yale (Ward). Plus he fits their "Nascar" system.

Tevlin would make sense at Rutty but I do think their going to have more of a pressing need at attack then middie. Perhaps Tevlin could play attack there.

Seen it rumored two different places, it looks like Dartmouth senior goalie Daniel Hincks is going to Georgetown. Interesting since their backup goalie played very well in a number of starts this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom